Author Topic: One for the anti-vaxxer crowd  (Read 36536 times)

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
Re: One for the anti-vaxxer crowd
« Reply #675 on: April 10, 2019, 01:02:26 PM »
when we were in Australia ~ the girls had their shots of course ~ but the youngest hadn't had the measles ~ their cousin was found to have the measles ~ the doctor said: " just let them play together and get it over with " they did ~ yes she got the ichies both she and her cousin ~ their mothers put that ~ forgot the name ~ on them for a few days and it was over ~ this was about 15 years ago ```
Իմաստութիւն Հոր Յիսուս՝ տո՝ւր մեզ իաստուփին՝ զբարիս խորհել եւ խոսել եւ գործել առաջի Քո յամենայն ժամ : եւ ի չար խորհրդոց ի բանից եւ ի գործոց   փրկեա  զմեզ՝ ամէն:
Jesus, Wisdom of the Father, give us wisdom, to think, speak and do what is Good before you at all times. And save us from evil thoughts, words and deed, amen.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #676 on: April 10, 2019, 01:03:20 PM »
You say not vaccinating children is the same as marrying children. Which is ludicrous

In that both are forms of harming children and both have quacks trying to justify them with bad arguments.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
« Reply #677 on: April 10, 2019, 01:12:13 PM »
We in the free world can question anything but not vaccines ~ people in and around the church ~ question the our Church ~  but feel Big Pharma is not to be question or government pressure on its behalf ```

Իմաստութիւն Հոր Յիսուս՝ տո՝ւր մեզ իաստուփին՝ զբարիս խորհել եւ խոսել եւ գործել առաջի Քո յամենայն ժամ : եւ ի չար խորհրդոց ի բանից եւ ի գործոց   փրկեա  զմեզ՝ ամէն:
Jesus, Wisdom of the Father, give us wisdom, to think, speak and do what is Good before you at all times. And save us from evil thoughts, words and deed, amen.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Toumarches
  • Race: Human. Culture: Yes.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #678 on: April 10, 2019, 01:18:58 PM »
when we were in Australia ~ the girls had their shots of course ~ but the youngest hadn't had the measles ~ their cousin was found to have the measles ~ the doctor said: " just let them play together and get it over with " they did ~ yes she got the ichies both she and her cousin ~ their mothers put that ~ forgot the name ~ on them for a few days and it was over ~ this was about 15 years ago ```

Cool story, bro. I'm sure there's someone somewhere who survived a car crash without wearing a seatbelt, too.

We in the free world can question anything but not vaccines ~ people in and around the church ~ question the our Church ~  but feel Big Pharma is not to be question or government pressure on its behalf ```

Questions have answers, and they may not be what you want to hear.

You wouldn't expect to get correct answers about the church from atheists, so why do you expect to get correct answers about health from quacks?
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ bookshelf ~ ugly writing ~ jukebox ~

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Midwest
« Reply #679 on: April 10, 2019, 05:50:55 PM »

Archne would have you arrested, and biro would pull the el chair lever, for that horrific child endangerment seth.

As we see they say scientists trump religious rights, and that the government should be able to mandate vaccinations not because you're sick, but because YOU MIGHT GET SICK.
Measles isnt very bad, neither is chicken pox.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #680 on: April 10, 2019, 05:57:59 PM »
Something similar happens with mental illnesses at times: someone is confined and required to do what the doctors/scientists say, not necessarily because of anything they've already done, but because of potential future dangers.
"Beat the devil out of it." - Bob Ross

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #681 on: April 10, 2019, 06:11:56 PM »
Something similar happens with mental illnesses at times: someone is confined and required to do what the doctors/scientists say, not necessarily because of anything they've already done, but because of potential future dangers.

I cant help thinking about that movie with tom cruise (i think) where future crimes were avoided by super smart transhuman hybrids in a pool of water.

Maybe we should start rounding people up, and forcing things on them because theres a chance they'll go crazy, or get measles.
Maybe we should determine using DNA, future violent criminals, and save ourselves the trouble. Ive seen plenty of people here that wouldn't argue against the government having rights like that

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #682 on: April 10, 2019, 06:16:18 PM »
That defies the order of causation. We don't have the little widgets they used too see through time. The movie was called Minority Report.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

"Some people only feel good when they are praising the Lord." - Coptic bishop

Mt. 21:31 Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you."

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #683 on: April 10, 2019, 06:48:12 PM »

I cant help thinking about that movie with tom cruise (i think) where future crimes were avoided by super smart transhuman hybrids in a pool of water.

Maybe we should start rounding people up, and forcing things on them because theres a chance they'll go crazy, or get measles.
Maybe we should determine using DNA, future violent criminals, and save ourselves the trouble. Ive seen plenty of people here that wouldn't argue against the government having rights like that

Not getting vaccinated is a current choice, not a future one, that we're already seeing the consequences of globally. Herd immunity is a present reality that is presently being eroded.

The fact that your child might get lucky and avoid catching something personally says nothing about, say, the elderly person that might die from a disease they'll pass on. You're gambling with not only your child's life, but the lives of many.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #684 on: April 10, 2019, 07:02:56 PM »
That was my fault even taking it down that path, apologies  :angel:
"Beat the devil out of it." - Bob Ross

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #685 on: April 10, 2019, 07:56:12 PM »
Archne would have you arrested, and biro would pull the el chair lever, for that horrific child endangerment seth.

Leave me out of your kink fantasy scenarios, lol.

As we see they say scientists trump religious rights, and that the government should be able to mandate vaccinations not because you're sick, but because YOU MIGHT GET SICK.

As we see, you don't give a fig for the consequences your so-called religious choices can have on those more vulnerable than yourself.

Not your decision to make for others.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #686 on: April 10, 2019, 08:37:13 PM »
Also, chicken pox might not be bad, but shingles shure is...

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #687 on: April 10, 2019, 09:33:02 PM »

As we see, you don't give a fig for the consequences your so-called religious choices can have on those more vulnerable than yourself.

Rubric told a lie. You shall not bear false witness.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

Mt. 21:31 Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you."

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #688 on: April 10, 2019, 09:34:12 PM »
Measles can cause death. Chicken pox causes sterility and shingles.

Once you're sick, it's too late.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 09:35:03 PM by biro »

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #689 on: April 10, 2019, 09:41:22 PM »
That defies the order of causation. We don't have the little widgets they used too see through time. The movie was called Minority Report.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/artificial-intelligence-is-now-used-predict-crime-is-it-biased-180968337/

We are getting there, once they make the A.I. less racist. LoL

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #690 on: April 10, 2019, 09:44:40 PM »

Kinky fantasies.... ;)grrrowwlllll...lol

So long as im healthy, i dont have a disease, i cant pass it along to others. My religious right to oppose it is law currently, and will hopefully never change.

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
« Reply #691 on: April 11, 2019, 08:58:17 PM »
https://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Vaccinations--Know-the-risks-and-failures-.aspx

National Vaccine Information Center

Your Health. Your Family. Your Choice.
There is a wide spectrum of vaccine complications, which have been identified and acknowledged in the medical literature and by the Institute of Medicine (IOM), National Academy of Sciences, including:  31

Brain Inflammation/Acute Encephalopathy
Chronic Nervous System Dysfunction
Anaphylaxis
Febrile Seizures
Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS)
Brachial Neuritis;
Acute and Chronic Arthritis
Thrombocytopenia
Smallpox, polio, measles and varicella zoster vaccine strain infection
Death (smallpox, polio and measles vaccine)
Shock and “unusual shock-like state”
Protracted, inconsolable crying
Syncope
Deltoid Bursitis

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
« Reply #692 on: April 11, 2019, 09:02:49 PM »
National Vaccine Information Center

Your Health. Your Family. Your Choice.

BRIEF BACKGROUND: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is a national charitable, non-profit organization founded in 1982 dedicated to reducing vaccine injury and deaths through public education. We support the availability of all preventive health care options, including vaccines, and the right of consumers to make educated, voluntary health care choices. NVIC also promotes and funds research to evaluate vaccine safety and effectiveness, as well as to identify factors which place individuals at high risk for suffering vaccine reactions; and monitors vaccine research, development, regulation, policy-making and legislation. NVIC has long been recognized as the leading consumer voice on vaccine safety concerns. To learn more about our mission and accomplishments, please visit our About Us page.

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
« Reply #693 on: April 11, 2019, 09:05:52 PM »
NVIC PRESS RELEASE: National Vaccine Information Center: Public Hearings on Measles Outbreaks and Vaccine Laws Provide Opportunities for Americans to Voice Concerns
NVIC is urging Americans to attend state legislative and U.S. congressional hearings focused on measles outbreaks in the U.S. and state vaccine laws to voice concerns to their elected representatives. NVIC reports that this year more than 100 vaccine-related bills have been introduced in 30 states proposing to expand, restrict or eliminate vaccine informed consent rights. NVIC is supporting 50 of the bills, including bills to add or protect personal belief vaccine exemptions. “A number of states are proposing bills to eliminate vaccine exemptions while others are proposing to expand them,” said NVIC Co-founder and President Barbara Loe Fisher. “The state and federal public hearings being held this year are an opportunity for Americans to communicate with their legislators about this important parental rights and civil liberty issue.” ” Feb. 25, 2018.

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
« Reply #694 on: April 11, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »

"The introduction of competing anti-vaccine bills in state legislatures reflect continuing alarm about vaccine safety, said Barbara Loe Fisher, who heads one of the oldest and best-established anti-vaccine groups, the National Vaccine Information Center. "You cannot bring down the hammer on people and force them to obey one size fits all when the risk is not being shared equally," she said, adding that inliiduals have different genetic risks. She argues that parents should have the right to make voluntary decisions without their children being denied a school education. "We consider this to be parental rights, a human rights issue," Fisher said. While 11 states are considering bills to restrict or eliminate vaccine exemptions, her group supports 60 out of 141 vaccine-related state measures, "which is the most bills we have supported in a legislative session," she said. Groups such as Fisher's frame their message in terms of inliidual rights, insisting that parents, not the government, should decide whether to vaccinate their children - an argument championed by affluent, well-educated parents that resonates with liberals and conservatives." Washington Post Feb. 25, 2019.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 09:10:24 PM by Sethrak »

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
« Reply #695 on: April 11, 2019, 09:13:21 PM »

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #696 on: April 11, 2019, 09:36:12 PM »
Informed consent is good. Especially when the information comes from qualified physicians, rather than quacks.

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #697 on: April 11, 2019, 10:13:03 PM »
https://www.nvic.org/NVIC-Vaccine-News/June-2017/why-informed-consent-to-vaccination-a-human-right.aspx
Why Is Informed Consent to Vaccination A Human Right?

Because they are using this to strip away your rights of choice. They use "public safety" as their reason to control your health.
The media obediently does what they're told, to stir up fear about 100 infected people (out of over 300,000) and they're good at stirring up the masses, who then DEMAND the government save them with sweeping laws.

Of course thr billion dollar lobby arm of bigpharma is also pushing this, as they will have a monopoly. Once thats complete you can expect the vaccine list to rise from 80 to 100's. Since they have ZERO risk financially thank to Regan.

Everyone agrees the government is incompetent and messes up almost everything they do, so why would anyone think its a good idea to allow the government to mandate vaccines under penalties of prison?

Dont give up your rights, every right is important. We all know once taken away the government nevers gives them back.

Below is the vaccination injury law.

https://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/1986-Vaccine-Injury-Law.aspx

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #698 on: April 11, 2019, 10:42:29 PM »
That's a very long-winded way of saying 'cut your nose to spite your face'.

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
« Reply #699 on: April 12, 2019, 12:20:23 AM »
Na ~ just no totalitarian state ~ forcing you to drink a lot of water, walk slow ~ and keep your bum to the wall ```

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #700 on: April 12, 2019, 08:48:24 AM »
Putting your bum above fellow humans' health says a lot about you. 8)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #701 on: April 12, 2019, 06:46:56 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/12/health/cdc-vax-advisers/index.html

Anti-vaxxers have a strong presence on Facebook. The CDC has to fight back.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • I am the Provisional Supreme Church Authority
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #702 on: April 12, 2019, 08:18:56 PM »
Russia hacked vaccines.
OC.NET is full of temptations, but in temptations we are enforced, remember about the thread "Temptation in the Desert: Rachel Weisz and the Undoing of Mor Ephrem". OC.NET helps in becoming unpassionate.

Oh you Greeks, you are all dumb!

An Athonite

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #703 on: April 12, 2019, 08:52:59 PM »

Didn't facebook, instagram, google, etc all come out recently and said they'd ban/censor anyone who questions vaccines?

Blatant censorship from corporations, telling people what and wat not to read. It will backfire, the streisand effect

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #704 on: April 12, 2019, 09:20:35 PM »

Didn't facebook, instagram, google, etc all come out recently and said they'd ban/censor anyone who questions vaccines?

Blatant censorship from corporations, telling people what and wat not to read. It will backfire, the streisand effect

No, they said they would demonetise anti-vaccine promotion - no advertising or fundraisers. The rants can continue.

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #705 on: April 14, 2019, 05:53:59 PM »

No, they said they would demonetise anti-vaccine promotion - no advertising or fundraisers. The rants can continue.

https://www.ibtimes.com/instagram-takes-steps-remove-anti-vaxx-content-platform-2778725

https://www.babygaga.com/gofundme-anti-vaxx-campaign-ban/

https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-03-03-bezos-amazon-bans-anti-vaccine-movies-from-prime-book-burning.html

And my favorite article

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/safety/ama-urges-amazon-facebook-google-and-twitter-do-more-limit-false-anti-vaccine-claims

AMA urges private companies to censor american citizens.

IMO it will have a negative effect

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #706 on: April 14, 2019, 06:08:34 PM »
There are laws against harmful and/or fraudulent advertising.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 06:08:53 PM by Arachne »

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #707 on: April 14, 2019, 06:13:56 PM »

Funny how the are only doing it for ideology then

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #708 on: April 14, 2019, 06:20:09 PM »

The fact remains that those opposing vaccination can't provide a valid reason for their opposition.

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #709 on: April 15, 2019, 11:21:34 AM »

The fact remains that those opposing vaccination can't provide a valid reason for their opposition.

Deeply held religious beliefs.

You, nor the government can decide someones faith, but you want to. I dont see how you cant fathom, that is a very bad thing?

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #710 on: April 15, 2019, 11:49:24 AM »

You, nor the government can decide someones faith, but you want to. I dont see how you cant fathom, that is a very bad thing?

Make that deeply held personal beliefs, because very few (and very niche) religions actually forbid vaccination.

https://www.verywellfamily.com/religious-exemptions-to-vaccines-2633702

For most people, the deepest their belief goes is 'But I don't wanna!' with an optional 'You can't tell me what to do!' extension.

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #711 on: April 15, 2019, 04:49:21 PM »

Make that deeply held personal beliefs, because very few (and very niche) religions actually forbid vaccination.

For most people, the deepest their belief goes is 'But I don't wanna!' with an optional 'You can't tell me what to do!' extension.

Glad to hear you know what religious beliefs are valid and which ones aren't.

I'll make sure to submit your name for the running of the new religion tsar, Trump will appoint to tell people what they can and cant believe

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
« Reply #712 on: April 15, 2019, 04:55:45 PM »
President Trump won't do that ~ he's on the peoples side ```

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #713 on: April 15, 2019, 05:04:20 PM »
President Trump won't do that ~ he's on the peoples side ```

I hope he won't. I saw where he is going to relocate illegal aliens to sanctuary citiies, so be on the lookout for disease clusters

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #714 on: April 15, 2019, 07:03:18 PM »

Glad to hear you know what religious beliefs are valid and which ones aren't.

I'll make sure to submit your name for the running of the new religion tsar, Trump will appoint to tell people what they can and cant believe

;D ;D ;D You tried.

Now keep the politics out of this thread.

Offline Eamonomae

• The Publican who hathn’t repented
  • OC.net guru
  • Saint John Chrysostom, pray for me, a sinner!
  • Faith: Truth seeker
  • Jurisdiction: Schism
« Reply #715 on: April 15, 2019, 09:29:35 PM »
Wasn't this entire thread created for the purposes of making a political statement?
"Feast on wine or fast on water
And your honor shall stand sure,
God Almighty's son and daughter
He the valiant, she the pure;
If an angel out of heaven
Brings you other things to drink,
Thank him for his kind attention,
Go and pour them down the sink."

-G.K. Chesterton

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #716 on: April 16, 2019, 01:15:51 AM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-47940710

Look, measles cases tripled worldwide! Isn't that fun?

Offline Eamonomae

• The Publican who hathn’t repented
  • OC.net guru
  • Saint John Chrysostom, pray for me, a sinner!
  • Faith: Truth seeker
  • Jurisdiction: Schism
« Reply #717 on: April 16, 2019, 02:24:09 AM »
Well, on the bright side, maybe we can get a new design for the Washington Redskins mascot, that isn't racist.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 02:25:02 AM by Eamonomae »
"Feast on wine or fast on water
And your honor shall stand sure,
God Almighty's son and daughter
He the valiant, she the pure;
If an angel out of heaven
Brings you other things to drink,
Thank him for his kind attention,
Go and pour them down the sink."

-G.K. Chesterton

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • I am the Provisional Supreme Church Authority
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #718 on: April 16, 2019, 02:33:12 AM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-47940710

Look, measles cases tripled worldwide! Isn't that fun?

Survival of the fittest.
OC.NET is full of temptations, but in temptations we are enforced, remember about the thread "Temptation in the Desert: Rachel Weisz and the Undoing of Mor Ephrem". OC.NET helps in becoming unpassionate.

Oh you Greeks, you are all dumb!

An Athonite

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #719 on: April 16, 2019, 07:40:12 AM »
Wasn't this entire thread created for the purposes of making a political statement?

There's nothing inherently political in showing that the 'I'm not hurting anyone else if I don't vaccinate' take is inaccurate. Nothing political in tackling the misinformation and pseudoscience feeding vaccine hesitancy, either. Making that opposition a point of resistance against (imaginary oppression on the part of) a particular government, that is a political statement - and the last resort of the wilfully ignorant.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 07:40:24 AM by Arachne »