Author Topic: One for the anti-vaxxer crowd  (Read 32716 times)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
Re: One for the anti-vaxxer crowd
« Reply #360 on: March 12, 2019, 02:57:59 PM »
They'll get their dogs or cats vaccinated, too.  :-\
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

"Some people only feel good when they are praising the Lord." - Coptic bishop

Mt. 21:31 Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you."

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
« Reply #361 on: March 12, 2019, 02:59:24 PM »
VACCINATIONS: KNOW THE RISKS
Like the first vaccine for smallpox, 25 every vaccine licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and recommended by Centers for Disease Control (CDC) officials and medical trade associations carries a risk for serious complications, such as brain inflammation, which can lead to chronic brain and immune system damage or death. 26 27 28 29 30   

There is a wide spectrum of vaccine complications, which have been identified and acknowledged in the medical literature and by the Institute of Medicine (IOM), National Academy of Sciences, including:  31

Brain Inflammation/Acute Encephalopathy
Chronic Nervous System Dysfunction
Anaphylaxis
Febrile Seizures
Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS)
Brachial Neuritis;
Acute and Chronic Arthritis
Thrombocytopenia
Smallpox, polio, measles and varicella zoster vaccine strain infection
Death (smallpox, polio and measles vaccine)
Shock and “unusual shock-like state”
Protracted, inconsolable crying
Syncope
Deltoid Bursitis

https://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Vaccinations--Know-the-risks-and-failures-.aspx
Individual Susceptibility to Vaccine Reactions

Իմաստութիւն Հոր Յիսուս՝ տո՝ւր մեզ իաստուփին՝ զբարիս խորհել եւ խոսել եւ գործել առաջի Քո յամենայն ժամ : եւ ի չար խորհրդոց ի բանից եւ ի գործոց   փրկեա  զմեզ՝ ամէն:
Jesus, Wisdom of the Father, give us wisdom, to think, speak and do what is Good before you at all times. And save us from evil thoughts, words and deed, amen.

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
« Reply #362 on: March 12, 2019, 03:04:33 PM »

unvaxxed children do not endanger us who are vaxxed ~ yes ~ we do have to watch who enters our country ```
Իմաստութիւն Հոր Յիսուս՝ տո՝ւր մեզ իաստուփին՝ զբարիս խորհել եւ խոսել եւ գործել առաջի Քո յամենայն ժամ : եւ ի չար խորհրդոց ի բանից եւ ի գործոց   փրկեա  զմեզ՝ ամէն:
Jesus, Wisdom of the Father, give us wisdom, to think, speak and do what is Good before you at all times. And save us from evil thoughts, words and deed, amen.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #363 on: March 12, 2019, 03:14:49 PM »
So, you recognize that vaccines keep you safe, but you're not willing to extend that to your children ???

And it's not about endangering the vaccinated, but those who can't be vaccinated. Compromising herd immunity hurts the most vulnerable.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #364 on: March 12, 2019, 03:58:26 PM »
Unvaccinated children endanger EVERYONE.

What about "they still pass on the sickness" do you not understand?
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

Mt. 21:31 Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you."

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Toumarches
  • Race: Human. Culture: Yes.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #365 on: March 12, 2019, 04:01:12 PM »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ bookshelf ~ ugly writing ~ jukebox ~

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
« Reply #366 on: March 12, 2019, 04:07:13 PM »
A lot of people believe their children will gain an advantage if they aren't vaccinated.  What that advantage is, who knows? Maybe the parents look at each other and say. We were vaccinated and look at us. We don't want our offspring to be like us. Do we?  ;D

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #367 on: March 12, 2019, 04:15:54 PM »
A lot of people believe their children will gain an advantage if they aren't vaccinated.  What that advantage is, who knows? Maybe the parents look at each other and say. We were vaccinated and look at us. We don't want our offspring to be like us. Do we?  ;D

'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Midwest
« Reply #368 on: March 12, 2019, 04:25:56 PM »

We get it, you dont think people should have the right to control their own body, except when women kill their babies.

Totally not a hypocritical argument

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #369 on: March 12, 2019, 04:28:02 PM »
"Pot, kettle, black, "Tu quoque," etc...
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #370 on: March 12, 2019, 04:28:32 PM »

We get it, you dont think people should have the right to control their own body, except when women kill their babies.

No, you definitely don't get it. I don't think people should have the right to endanger other people's lives for no reason other than 'dun wanna'. Totally not a hypocritical argument.

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #371 on: March 12, 2019, 04:31:06 PM »

I think the parent have a right to say no. Religious exemptions are allowed in many states, surely you dont think forcing people to go against their religious ideals is American?
If its ok to force people to betray their religious beliefs, where does the line stop at government intervention into our lives?

Of course people dont think like that, but do youreally want the government to be able to decide your medical options for you? Mayne they'll come a time when the communists win, and the elderly will be looked at like a burden on our system, and since the government will have the right to decide, is that wrong?

I say slippery slope alot, because its true. This is just one more example of why the government should be restricted not expanded.

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2019, 04:34:16 PM »

No, you definitely don't get it. I don't think people should have the right to endanger other people's lives for no reason other than 'dun wanna'. Totally not a hypocritical argument.

Endanger, so vague.

You live in a civilized society, you pollute the earth. IMO, you are endangering the lives of many children. Maybe you should stop endangering the children

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #373 on: March 12, 2019, 04:38:00 PM »
And what you refuse to recognize is that some people's religious beliefs are objectively dangerous and thus society curtails them for the greater good.

Examples both real and hypothetical- Aztec human sacrifice, Mormon polygamy and child marriage, FGM, Hindu widow burning, cultic mind control and suicide pacts.

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #374 on: March 12, 2019, 04:38:42 PM »

Endanger, so vague.

You live in a civilized society, you pollute the earth. IMO, you are endangering the lives of many children. Maybe you should stop endangering the children

There's nothing vague about allowing potentially lethal - and entirely preventable - diseases to spread among those who can't cope with them. Maybe you should stop flailing so much.

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2019, 04:53:30 PM »

I think the parent have a right to say no. Religious exemptions are allowed in many states, surely you dont think forcing people to go against their religious ideals is American?
If its ok to force people to betray their religious beliefs, where does the line stop at government intervention into our lives?

Of course people dont think like that, but do youreally want the government to be able to decide your medical options for you? Mayne they'll come a time when the communists win, and the elderly will be looked at like a burden on our system, and since the government will have the right to decide, is that wrong?

I say slippery slope alot, because its true. This is just one more example of why the government should be restricted not expanded.
Dude, Im the pinnacle of freedom.  Trust me you don't have to explain.  I don't believe this is the place to showcase
Your freedom.   The statistics don't lie. Even if one kid in a million ends up with down syndrome. Think of them as a martyr.  How many would have been dead. Maybe even yourself.

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #376 on: March 12, 2019, 05:06:08 PM »
I have a large scare from a smallpox vaccine on my left shoulder.  Do I think it made me dumb.  Hell yeah. I blame it every time.  8)

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #377 on: March 12, 2019, 05:07:34 PM »

Endanger, so vague.

There's nothing vague about allowing potentially lethal - and entirely preventable - diseases to spread among those who can't cope with them. Maybe you should stop flailing so much.

Your in favor of laws forcing people to do things they dont want to do.

I am against that.

Thats what it boils down to. Vaccinate or not, its your choice, but you dont want people to have free will.

Thats what it boils down to.

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #378 on: March 12, 2019, 05:10:29 PM »
I have a large scare from a smallpox vaccine on my left shoulder.  Do I think it made me dumb.  Hell yeah. I blame it every time.  8)

LoL.

Freedom my friend, thats all i want.
I also like pointing out the hypocrisy in people who fight for a women choice over her body, but deny me the same thing (i.e. liberalism)

I could go on and on, but thats what it boils down to.

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #379 on: March 12, 2019, 05:13:43 PM »

Endanger, so vague.

I am against that.

Thats what it boils down to. Vaccinate or not, its your choice, but you dont want people to have free will.

Other people's health is not something you get to make decisions about. Being part of a society entails some responsibilities towards other members of that society. Not spreading infections is one such responsibility. If you don't want to do what that takes, you're free to take yourself out of society. That's what it boils down to.

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #380 on: March 12, 2019, 05:14:53 PM »

LoL.

I also like pointing out the hypocrisy in people who fight for a women choice over her body, but deny me the same thing (i.e. liberalism)

Orthodoxy is about freedom.  Hope one day you can see it in that light. Im sure you will.

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #381 on: March 12, 2019, 05:39:34 PM »

Endanger, so vague.

I am against that.

Other people's health is not something you get to make decisions about. Being part of a society entails some responsibilities towards other members of that society. Not spreading infections is one such responsibility. If you don't want to do what that takes, you're free to take yourself out of society. That's what it boils down to.

Are you referring to the society that kills its unborn?
Are you referring to the society that says its ok for children to take medicine to switch their gender?

Your from the UK, do you have mandatory vaccines there? Or  are people allowed to have religious exemptions?

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #382 on: March 12, 2019, 05:43:01 PM »

LoL.

Orthodoxy is about freedom.  Hope one day you can see it in that light. Im sure you will.

Brother God is freedom, Jesus is the one thing that brightens my day.
He gave us free will, i am currently enjoying that.

Orthodoxy is a bastion of light, compared to the empty hulk of modernity.

Hope you have a blessed pascha

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #383 on: March 12, 2019, 05:46:33 PM »

LoL.

Thank you!  You 2.  Can't wait for the lamb on the spit. Lol

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #384 on: March 12, 2019, 05:48:15 PM »

LoL.

Hopefully i can attend a larger church one day that has that.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #385 on: March 12, 2019, 05:51:58 PM »
What if I decide not to obey the law against speeding?

People will die.

Scripture tells us to obey those in authority.

Hebrews 13:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 05:53:38 PM by biro »

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #386 on: March 12, 2019, 05:54:02 PM »

LoL.

Hopefully i can attend a larger church one day that has that.
If your ever in NY just hit me up. Your welcome at my house any time.

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #387 on: March 12, 2019, 05:54:57 PM »

People will die.

17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
Im always speeding.  Wrong person to ask.

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #388 on: March 12, 2019, 06:06:16 PM »

Endanger, so vague.

I am against that.

Are you referring to the society that kills its unborn?
Are you referring to the society that says its ok for children to take medicine to switch their gender?

Your from the UK, do you have mandatory vaccines there? Or  are people allowed to have religious exemptions?

I'm referring to the society you live in and take advantage of daily.

I'm not from the UK, I just live here. There are no mandatory vaccines, parents are just better informed and keep up with the immunisation schedule. Occasionally some wacko will come out with some story about how X vaccine is dangerous or doesn't work, some people will stop getting it, then as soon as there's an outbreak they all jump back on and things continue normally and disease-free, at least for a couple decades.

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
« Reply #389 on: March 12, 2019, 06:09:16 PM »
Tzimis ~ You're under arrest for: "Speeding all the time"

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
« Reply #390 on: March 12, 2019, 06:11:25 PM »
If Biro has all her shots ~ then she can play in the yard with the rest ```

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
« Reply #391 on: March 12, 2019, 06:13:30 PM »
If she obeys all the speeding laws including that of the Church ```
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 06:14:38 PM by Sethrak »

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #392 on: March 12, 2019, 08:55:46 PM »

People will die.

A just law perhaps

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #393 on: March 12, 2019, 08:56:13 PM »
If she obeys all the speeding laws including that of the Church ```
~Seth, how i miss your comments~

Offline Alpha60

• A thing of routers, hubs and switches, and dreary web GUIs
  • Technical Director
  • Protokentarchos
  • OCNet Systems and Network Operations
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #394 on: March 14, 2019, 08:50:22 AM »

People will die.

A just law perhaps

There is not much of a case for arbitrarily rejecting laws except when they directly contradict the faith.  And vaccines, by virtue of saving lives, do not in any form contradict any principle of Holy Orthodoxy.

Children no longer risk death, disfigurement or paralysis from diseases like polio, whooping cough, diptheria, tetanus, small pox (which has been killed off to the point where it no longer needs to be vaccinated against), and now, chicken pox. 

The polio vaccine was huge.  Have you seen a photo of an intensive care unit filled with iron lungs in the 1950s?  Can you imagine having to live in an iron lung?  In a room with dozens of other people in iron lungs?  With the lack of mobility and the constant sound of the machines...it sounds like a literal hell to me.

Council of Nicea:
Εθη ἀρχαῖα κρατείτω. 
Mores antiqui obtineant.
The ancient ways shall prevail.

The sentiment of Nicea in Greek and Latin, translated into English.

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #395 on: March 14, 2019, 10:24:37 AM »

People will die.

A just law perhaps

There is not much of a case for arbitrarily rejecting laws except when they directly contradict the faith.  And vaccines, by virtue of saving lives, do not in any form contradict any principle of Holy Orthodoxy.

Children no longer risk death, disfigurement or paralysis from diseases like polio, whooping cough, diptheria, tetanus, small pox (which has been killed off to the point where it no longer needs to be vaccinated against), and now, chicken pox. 

The polio vaccine was huge.  Have you seen a photo of an intensive care unit filled with iron lungs in the 1950s?  Can you imagine having to live in an iron lung?  In a room with dozens of other people in iron lungs?  With the lack of mobility and the constant sound of the machines...it sounds like a literal hell to me.

Children no longer risk death, disfigurement or paralysis from diseases like polio,

Except when the vaccine causes it.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/polio-vaccines-now-1-cause-polio-paralysis

This report, however, is highly misleading, as an estimated 100-180 Indian children are diagnosed with vaccine-associated polio paralysis (VAPP) each year. In fact, the clinical presentation of the disease, including paralysis, caused by VAPP is indistinguishable from that caused by wild polioviruses, making the PGEI's pronouncements all the more suspect.1

Dr. Suzanne Humphries, who cites the JAMA study, has observed that poliovirus existed as a “common” and “trivial” bowel inhabitant for millennia—not causing paralysis until the 20th century. Humphries suggests that dietary and environmental factors (including exposure to toxins such as arsenic, lead and DDT) as well as the advent of “invasive medical procedures” (such as “intramuscular injections of many types, including…vaccines”) weakened 20th-century individuals’ innate immunity and were capable of fostering the paralysis “uniformly attributed to poliovirus infections.”

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/news/the-non-polio-illness-that-looks-just-like-polio/

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #396 on: March 14, 2019, 11:03:40 AM »

People will die.

A just law perhaps

Children no longer risk death, disfigurement or paralysis from diseases like polio,

This report, however, is highly misleading, as an estimated 100-180 Indian children are diagnosed with vaccine-associated polio paralysis (VAPP) each year. In fact, the clinical presentation of the disease, including paralysis, caused by VAPP is indistinguishable from that caused by wild polioviruses, making the PGEI's pronouncements all the more suspect.1

Dr. Suzanne Humphries, who cites the JAMA study, has observed that poliovirus existed as a “common” and “trivial” bowel inhabitant for millennia—not causing paralysis until the 20th century. Humphries suggests that dietary and environmental factors (including exposure to toxins such as arsenic, lead and DDT) as well as the advent of “invasive medical procedures” (such as “intramuscular injections of many types, including…vaccines”) weakened 20th-century individuals’ innate immunity and were capable of fostering the paralysis “uniformly attributed to poliovirus infections.”

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/news/the-non-polio-illness-that-looks-just-like-polio/

Hogwash. Polio is depicted even in ancient art; it was identified as a disease in 1789 and there were major outbreaks in the 19th century. It became more worrying in the 20th century because the population grew denser and it could circulate more.

As for 'polio vaccines causing polio', it helps to have the whole picture, not just the fearmongering: https://www.who.int/features/qa/64/en/

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #397 on: March 14, 2019, 05:49:16 PM »

People will die.

A just law perhaps

Hogwash. Polio is depicted even in ancient art; it was identified as a disease in 1789 and there were major outbreaks in the 19th century. It became more worrying in the 20th century because the population grew denser and it could circulate more.

As for 'polio vaccines causing polio', it helps to have the whole picture, not just the fearmongering: https://www.who.int/features/qa/64/en/

http://drsuzanne.net/dr-suzanne-humphries-vaccines-vaccination/

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #398 on: March 14, 2019, 06:19:02 PM »

People will die.

A just law perhaps

You love your pseudoscientists, don't you?

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/wrong-about-polio-a-review-of-suzanne-humphries-md-and-roman-bystrianyks-dissolving-illusions-part-1-the-long-version/

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #399 on: March 14, 2019, 08:57:57 PM »

People will die.

A just law perhaps

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/wrong-about-polio-a-review-of-suzanne-humphries-md-and-roman-bystrianyks-dissolving-illusions-part-1-the-long-version/

The key point made in the book is that the majority of infectious disease mortality declined across the board before the advent of vaccines, at the same time as other disease deaths declined; some diseases for which there was no vaccine at all.

Most of the credit for infectious disease mortality reduction, really goes to the radical moves over many decades to improve hygiene, sanitation, nutrition, implement water chlorination, labor laws, provide electricity, etc. Previously, society had endured constant plagues of one form or another. The spectacular reduction in infant mortality from 1800 to now in every developed country with careful records, has everything to do with societal changes, and doctors washing their hands

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #400 on: March 14, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »
The medical curriculum is devoid of important information on vaccines.

Aww, jeez.  ::)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #401 on: March 14, 2019, 09:00:34 PM »
Every post Rubric makes reminds me of the guy in the Dead Milkmen song "Stuart."

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #402 on: March 14, 2019, 09:08:45 PM »
Every post Rubric makes reminds me of the guy in the Dead Milkmen song "Stuart."

A friend sent me this, ill drop it here for anyone to watch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=6rlVU2dHD3w

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:13:48 PM by Rubricnigel »

Offline Arachne

• Toumarches
« Reply #403 on: March 14, 2019, 09:34:31 PM »

People will die.

A just law perhaps

The key point made in the book is that the majority of infectious disease mortality declined across the board before the advent of vaccines, at the same time as other disease deaths declined; some diseases for which there was no vaccine at all.

Most of the credit for infectious disease mortality reduction, really goes to the radical moves over many decades to improve hygiene, sanitation, nutrition, implement water chlorination, labor laws, provide electricity, etc. Previously, society had endured constant plagues of one form or another. The spectacular reduction in infant mortality from 1800 to now in every developed country with careful records, has everything to do with societal changes, and doctors washing their hands

What are you quoting?

Offline Alpha60

• A thing of routers, hubs and switches, and dreary web GUIs
  • Technical Director
  • Protokentarchos
  • OCNet Systems and Network Operations
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #404 on: March 15, 2019, 12:02:04 AM »

People will die.

A just law perhaps

+1

Ive really enjoyed defending the scientific, intelligent and I would argue, theologically correct, practice, of vaccination with you, Arachne.  In my opinion vaccination denial is theologically of the same school as Christian Science.  And it is a horror to consider how many children have died due to that Gnostic cult and its paid “Practitioners”; I would say Christian Science both by the monetary extractions from its members and the extreme danger it puts them in through rejection of medicine, is more dangerous than Scientology, because the latter aims to deprive you of your money, whereas the former can deprive you of your life.  Fortunately it has been shrinking rapidly in recent years, but about ten hears ago there was a tragic case when a child in the US whose parents were members of Christian Science, died due to a lack of proper medical care.  And the anti-vaxxers are cut from the same cloth of anti-intellectualism and psuedoscience.

Council of Nicea:
Εθη ἀρχαῖα κρατείτω. 
Mores antiqui obtineant.
The ancient ways shall prevail.

The sentiment of Nicea in Greek and Latin, translated into English.