OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 09:11:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Info on first ecumenical council  (Read 1265 times) Average Rating: 0
Mattheos

I'm a llama!

« on: October 13, 2002, 07:43:29 AM »

Hi all. I was wondering if any of you had any information on the first ecumenical council regarding the reasons for the canons they passed and the "heroes" of the council such as Sts Nicholas, Athanasios and Spyridon. If you know of any webpage that would be a great help. If you would like, please respond to this message on the forum or send any information you may have to rologas81@hotmail.com

Thank you and God bless

Mattheos

NULL
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2002, 07:28:29 PM »

[Hi all. I was wondering if any of you had any information on the first ecumenical council regarding the reasons for the canons they passed and the "heroes" of the council such as Sts Nicholas, Athanasios and Spyridon. If you know of any webpage that would be a great help. If you would like, please respond to this message on the forum or send any information you may have to rologas81@hotmail.com]

Try -

http://home.it.net.au/~jgrapsas/pages/Ecumenical_Councils.htm#2

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 03:53:19 AM »

Hi all. I was wondering if any of you had any information on the first ecumenical council regarding the reasons for the canons they passed and the "heroes" of the council such as Sts Nicholas, Athanasios and Spyridon. If you know of any webpage that would be a great help. If you would like, please respond to this message on the forum or send any information you may have to rologas81@hotmail.com

Thank you and God bless

Mattheos

I'm afraid I don't have any information for you on this, sorry!

Large Marge sent me...
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 04:55:28 AM »

Thank you and God bless

Mattheos

I'm afraid I don't have any information for you on this, sorry!
Man, this has got to be the oldest thread I've ever seen resurrected here. Wink
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 05:32:54 AM »

Please see this message by Asteriktos.  Click on his name to be taken to it.

The Ecumenical Synods of the Orthodox Church: A Concise History

This book was written by Father James Thornton, and was published by the Center for Traditionalist Orthodox Studies in 2007. It was written  primarily because of the lack of a book "in English on the history of all of the Ecumenical Synods presented from the Orthodox perspective" (p.  11)

.............Overall, I very much enjoyed reading this book, and would recommend it to anyone interested in the subject. It's a quick read, but very informative.

Tags: ecumenical council First Ecumenical Council Nicæa I 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: