OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 09:06:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Islamic Radicals Threaten to Kill H.H. Coptic Pope Shenouda III  (Read 3758 times) Average Rating: 0
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« on: October 31, 2005, 06:39:29 AM »

Source: http://freecopts.blogspot.com/2005/10/muslim-radicals-threaten-to-kill-pope.html (photographs of the Newspaper and flyer in question are available at this link)

EL FAGR Egyptian newspaper published threats made by Muslim radicals against the Pope of Alexandria. According to the newspaper, Muslim radicals publicly announced their threats through small mosques in the outskirts of the city of Alexandria and regarded the bloodshed of H.H. Pope Shenouda III as Halal (permissible) in revenge for what they considered an insult to Islam's prophet.

This is a copy of the front page of the newspaper: (See above link for graphic)

On the other hand, the "Mother of All Radicals" or the so called "Muslim Brotherhood" group has been giving out flyers inciting the Muslims to revenge the honor of their prophet

It is worthy to note that some European governments regard this group as moderate !!! hereunder is a copy of the flyer where you can see their slogan of moderation at the top; and in case these European governments want to know what it is , it's a (Quran between two swords)!! with their creed (Death for the sake of Allah is our utmost desire) and right below that a Quranic verse reading " Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to terrorize the enemies of Allah and your enemies” Quran 8:60

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Global Warming Enthusiast.

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 09:40:04 AM »

Source: http://freecopts.blogspot.com/2005/10/muslim-radicals-threaten-to-kill-pope.html (photographs of the Newspaper and flyer in question are available at this link)

Why cant Muslims leave other religions alone?  Why cant they mind their own business?  What is it with Islam that makes them so intolerant of other peoples?   Why cant they live by their principles of peace and tolerance?

JoeS    Angry
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 12:09:22 PM »

I'm with EA on this all the way. How the "Muslim Brotherhood" gets a pass, especially in Europe, is a wonder to me.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 01:25:36 PM »

This is really sad.  Thanks for letting us know.

A question:  what ethnic background is His Holiness?  He looks rather 'white' per se, but it could be just that he's old, since old people lose their skin pigment.  Just curious.
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 06:47:27 AM »

H.H. is of Egyptian descent. I would ascribe his fairness to his being quite well-advanced in years.

+Irini nem makarismos
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 06:49:08 AM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
EkhristosAnesti
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 06:49:25 AM »

“Let them exalt Him in the assembly of His congregation and bless Him in the council of the elders. For He has made their families like a flock. The upright see it and rejoice. The Lord has sworn an oath, and will never relent. You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek. The Lord is at your right hand; our blessed and honored father, the Patriarch Pope Abba Shenouda III; may the Lord preserve your life. Amen. Alleluia.”

SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 10:24:33 AM »

EL FAGR Egyptian newspaper published threats made by Muslim radicals against the Pope of Alexandria. According to the newspaper, Muslim radicals publicly announced their threats through small mosques in the outskirts of the city of Alexandria and regarded the bloodshed of H.H. Pope Shenouda III as Halal (permissible) in revenge for what they considered an insult to Islam's prophet.

This is a copy of the front page of the newspaper: (See above link for graphic)

On the other hand, the "Mother of All Radicals" or the so called "Muslim Brotherhood" group has been giving out flyers inciting the Muslims to revenge the honor of their prophet

It is worthy to note that some European governments regard this group as moderate !!! hereunder is a copy of the flyer where you can see their slogan of moderation at the top; and in case these European governments want to know what it is , it's a (Quran between two swords)!! with their creed (Death for the sake of Allah is our utmost desire) and right below that a Quranic verse reading " Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to terrorize the enemies of Allah and your enemies” Quran 8:60

So very sad, but is anyone surprised?

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
bergschlawiner

Sarisan

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 01:35:29 PM »

Why cant Muslims leave other religions alone?  Why cant they mind their own business?  What is it with Islam that makes them so intolerant of other peoples?  ÃƒÆ’‚ Why cant they live by their principles of peace and tolerance?

JoeS  ÃƒÆ’‚  Angry

You just have to read to Koran to understand WHY!
Beavis
invertebrateischristian

Smooth sounds from Squidworth's clarinet....

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 01:59:56 PM »

It is worthy to note that some European governments regard this group as moderate !!!

Those Hollanders better smoke it up now....because they will get theirs soon enough.

"Every entity is what it loves"----Vladimir Solovyov
EkhristosAnesti
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2005, 12:29:57 AM »

"There are a lot of things on my mind that I wish to say; and in my heart there is so much more. However, I prefer to stay silent, so that I may let God speak. Rest assured that our silence is a much stronger expression than words. God can hear our silence loud and clear; He knows what it means, and He knows the meaning of our suffering." - His Holiness Pope Shenouda III, in his latest weekly sermon to the congregation.

Antiochian

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2005, 01:54:58 AM »

This is really sad.  Thanks for letting us know.

A question:  what ethnic background is His Holiness?  He looks rather 'white' per se, but it could be just that he's old, since old people lose their skin pigment.  Just curious.

A lot of Christians in Egypt are Greek descendants from the time of Alexander the Great.

Alexandria was one of the main patriarchates in early Christianity. Alexandria was also a Greek city, with the majority of its inhabitants being Greek. A great percentage of Christians in Egypt are the remaining Greeks, but having said that, many native Egyptians are also Christian.

However, this may explain why some Egyptian Christians are fairer than others.

Stavro
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 01:26:39 AM »

- H.H. The Pope Shenouda III is maybe the easiest target alive and has been such for the past 34 years. Attending his weekly meeting at the Cathedral of Anba Rewes (Tigi) for quite some time, I must say that the security is the poorest that can be offered to any public person. Such death threats has been issued before in 1972, 1975, 1979 (when H.H. opposed the application of islamic laws), 1991, 1996, 1999 and on many other occasions. It did not prompt any different change in security plans. H.H. has been protected by divine power.

- Egypt will fall in the hands of the islamic brotherhood sooner or later. It is just a matter of time and the street is now ready for a duplication of the Iran late 70's islamic revolution. The US is repeating its mistakes all over again and has expressed through Condi Rice its willingness to cooperate with the islamic brotherhood if democratically elected. It must be mentioned that this group like any other islamic group oppose democracy,following the teaching of Sayed Kutb, but they know that they will benefit from the "fake" democracy of the voting booth and temporarily support "free" elections . 

- Islamic brotherhood are a very organized, resourceful and extremely well-connected network of terrorist. Their existence in the political life for 80 years, their long term plans and their financial connection to Saudi and Iran gives them a great advantage over other terrorist groups. They do not take a stance on any issues like women rights, democracy, minority rights and prefer to use the famous islamic "Tequia", which means to lie for the sake of Allah and the prophet and pretend to be something one is not.
Why they are accepted in Europe is because:
- Europe is suicidal and enjoys an unprecendented wave of ignorance. Europe has sold its heritage long time ago, and they do not teach history anymore in a proper way to reflect the real dangers that has threatened their very existence.
- Muslims have money, and they can buy politicians and wage a media war on opponents to label them as "fanatics" just for speaking out the truth.

I remember the famous quote by Sayed Kutb (executed 1965) , the islamic brotherhood most famous and notorious figure, from his book Signs on the road : "We will never catch up with the West, for the gap is great and cannot be overcome. Allah has made them better to serve us, so we can enjoy the pleasures that they work for at no cost. Therefore, the only way to enjoy such privilage is to envade the West and use its own system to its destruction. We will be a majority at some time".
A genius man (though evil) and very devoted followers.

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)
Beavis
invertebrateischristian

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 01:29:55 AM »

"We will never catch up with the West, for the gap is great and cannot be overcome. Allah has made them better to serve us, so we can enjoy the pleasures that they work for at no cost. Therefore, the only way to enjoy such privilage is to envade the West and use its own system to its destruction. We will be a majority at some time".
when the average muslim has an i.q. higher than 70, then maybe that will happen.

ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 08:48:44 AM »

when the average muslim has an i.q. higher than 70, then maybe that will happen.

Needing some attention are you Beavis?

"Everybody's saying "Look at me! Look at me!"
Everybody's certain they've got something no-one else can see.
Tears are falling, causes are calling
Everybody's saying "Yeah, I know but look at me".

And somehow we think we're the next best thing to heaven.
Do a little looking, we do not look so good
We’re all so busy with our problems and our stories
All so busy with our failures and all our glories.

Can't save the ocean but we sure can save a dime.
We may all look good but I think we're running out of time.
If we looked around as much as we look at ourselves.
Stop listening to gossip and start listening to cries for help. "

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 09:17:03 AM »

Excellent commentary, Stavro.
The stunning naivete of the west, especially the US, with this 'democratic islam' experiment is doomed to catastrophic failure. Wanna bet the Muslim Brotherhood's hand is in the burning of Paris right now? Amsterdam is next.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Global Warming Enthusiast.

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 10:50:07 AM »

[quote author=Αριστοκλής link=topic=7485.msg97798#msg97798 date=1131369423]
Excellent commentary, Stavro.
The stunning naivete of the west, especially the US, with this 'democratic islam' experiment is doomed to catastrophic failure. Wanna bet the Muslim Brotherhood's hand is in the burning of Paris right now? Amsterdam is next.
[/quote]

Yes, I must agree, that the majority of the American people choose to remain naive about Islam and its worldwide intentions.  The most often phrase is always" but its only a minority who are responsible".  This may be true but it is ALWAYS the minorities in any social upheaval that eventually force the majorities in seeing things their way.  I see not difference here.   I am not fooled by the intentions of the worldwide movement, piecemeal though it may be, to dominate all facits of life for all peoples.  France is now getting a taste of what the folks in the middle east have had to put up with for centuries.  It is now in western europe and the democratic forms of governmments there almost garruantee the spread of radical Islam though their own legislative constitutions.  Islam will use our very freedoms to suppress our freedoms.  Ironic isnt it.

JoeS
Timos
High Elder

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 06:52:11 PM »

Yes but what can we do about it? The average North American and European doesn't care two cents about their faith or cultural heritage, history etc. Think of the French Revolution...they threw the church down the drain and when that happened lots of what meant being French with it.

Its a shame how most people don't care at all about religion anymore...and not ashamed about it too.

The Western world is stupid. Everything here is politically correct. If we have a "slanted" view on Islam God forbid we hurt their precious feelings but since the church has been with us for a long time, we are used to it... might as well continue to mock it and try to tear it apart. It is so important that we know what Muslims and Bahai and Jews believe but its ok to poke fun at Christ..hey we all know he was really a homosexual with a girlfriend called Mary Magdalene...and that the
 bible is really just myths written long ago by old masgonyst men who wouldn't dare call God their Mother.

I echo the sentiments of others that say the Western world (i.e. North Ameirca, Western Europe) is slowly deteriorating.
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 07:32:40 PM »

Yes but what can we do about it? The average North American and European doesn't care two cents about their faith or cultural heritage, history etc. Think of the French Revolution...they threw the church down the drain and when that happened lots of what meant being French with it.

Its a shame how most people don't care at all about religion anymore...and not ashamed about it too.

The Western world is stupid. Everything here is politically correct. If we have a "slanted" view on Islam God forbid we hurt their precious feelings but since the church has been with us for a long time, we are used to it... might as well continue to mock it and try to tear it apart. It is so important that we know what Muslims and Bahai and Jews believe but its ok to poke fun at Christ..hey we all know he was really a homosexual with a girlfriend called Mary Magdalene...and that the
 bible is really just myths written long ago by old masgonyst men who wouldn't dare call God their Mother.

I echo the sentiments of others that say the Western world (i.e. North Ameirca, Western Europe) is slowly deteriorating.

Yup, very sad.

On a positve note, an Orthodox Priest from Vezelay, France stopped by our parish one Sunday.  He was friends with the Rector's family from way back.  He said that Vezelay is considered one of the 5 most important Christian sites in France, along with Chartres, Notre Dame, etc.  I think he is with ROCOR, but unsure.  His parish was a mixture of mainly Russians, but with some French and others as well (a Greek, Arab, etc. - don't remember).  He gave a quick talk during lunch about his parish and how that Western Europe, around the end of the middle ages just forgot about God.  It was very interesting he relayed the story.  But it is nice to know that there are some there who are persevering.
Stavro
Warned
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 08:37:06 PM »

ÃŽ‘ριστοκλής :The stunning naivete of the west, especially the US, with this 'democratic islam' experiment is doomed to catastrophic failure. Wanna bet the Muslim Brotherhood's hand is in the burning of Paris right now? Amsterdam is next.
Oh, no doubt about it. What is stunning is the fact that the burning of France, as a result of the total failure to understand what Islam is and teaches had actually a positive effect on the Muslim status in Europe, encouraging more unrest in the future and inviting the muslim to riot whenever they feel like it. What should have prompted a wave of cleaning Europe from Muslims resulted in promises to make them have a better life and jobs, social security, .....etc.
The very liberal France, which in two weeks have faced more losses in property than in the WW2, has found many excuses for this shock, but stayed away from the core of the problem. Here are the proposed reasons for the unrest from the prominent liberal magazines and newspapers around the world:

- Poverty
- Lack of education
- Being ethnically different and not integrated
- Imposing religious constraints on Muslims ( nobody specified what constraints)
and the next one is funny:
- the unrest comes as a reaction to the previous colonization policy by FranceÂÂ  Cheesy

The government, and Mr.Chirac, constrained the police in the first days from using force and shooting down the riot crowds as they were burning down the whole country. It looked like a country that has no law and no law enforcement.

Is it a crazy world, or did the World prepare itself for the final judgement ?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 08:38:51 PM by Stavro » Logged

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)
Beavis
invertebrateischristian

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2005, 09:16:26 PM »

I guarantee that if it were a bunch of neo-Nazis, they would have implemented martial law immediately....double standard

Tags: Pope Shenouda persecution Islam Coptic Orthodox Church 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: