Author Topic: Fr. John Behr's translation of Origen's On First Principles  (Read 778 times)

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
Fr. John Behr's translation of Origen's On First Principles
« on: November 08, 2018, 05:00:02 PM »
For those of you with $200 lying about, Fr. John Behr has published a new translation of Origen's On First Principles. You can read a review of it here.
“Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  Contemplate this on the tree of woe.” - Elder Thulsa Doom of the Mountain of Power

Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: Fr. John Behr's translation of Origen's On First Principles
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 05:31:09 AM »
$176 on Amazon but only three left, buy it while it's still available!

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
Re: Fr. John Behr's translation of Origen's On First Principles
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 08:10:27 AM »
An off-top, but I was present at his lecture on last Saturday Becoming Human in Christ . Some of his statements have been perceived there are controversial, especially about the nature of God consists - I don't remember if precisle this word has been used - in death and resurrection of Christ.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)