OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 05:57:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first GOA Christmas.  (Read 1298 times) Average Rating: 0
aurelia
High Elder

« on: December 27, 2005, 01:02:30 PM »

I am still bubbling over, it was so much fun.  Our church had the Christmas Eve service at 5-- a vespers/liturgy , which was nice because the place was PACKED (and the kids weren't overtired either)!!!!!  We had the liturgy, communion, some carols, very nice indeed. No coffee hour afterwards, and I did miss Christmas morning service (Lutheran hub thought Christmas eve was enough, even though he didnt go) BUT then I got to go to my daughters nouna's house for a party later in the day....SO MUCH FUN...what Chritmas should be and usually isn't at our house. It was like Greek Immersion camp, I had a blast, stayed very late, and can't wait until next year!

You know what was really amusing, after I got home on Christmas eve, and Hub and kids fell asleep, and Santa was eating the cookies and drinking the milk (that would be me) the Catholic midnight mass was on...they wrecked it by translating the Latin (which i love) and then they got tpt he reading ,and I'm like, I heard this once already today...I dont know-- it just struck me as funny.  I also liked our liturgy a whole lot better.

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 01:19:25 PM »

I'm glad you had a good experience with the Liturgy!  May your new year be blessed!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Thomas
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 01:32:12 PM »

May you have a blessed Christmastide as well. Remember now is the time to relax and enjoy the Feast! Its so much nicer than all the precelebration that the non-orthodox have. The fun without the stress, I love this time of year---we are busy watching all the Christmas specials and movies we taped or have in our home already, while all of our friends are busy trying to return those gifts and are still stressed out.  Ahhhh! The blessing of the true observance of Christmas!

In Christ,
Thomas

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: