Author Topic: The dilemma of guilt  (Read 1757 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
The dilemma of guilt
« on: September 30, 2018, 07:44:47 AM »
Some people having guilt commit suicide.

Suicidal people have thoughts the world would be better off without me

I want to say people are not better off without you. If any one makes you feel so guilty they will be judged. If you feel guilty and do not want revenge on them do not think commiting suicide will fix the problem but it may lead to them being judged especially if they have hard hearts

Not every suicide is unforgivable but we can not know the fate of even any suicide if very few are forgiven. Despair is one reason that could be much or always rejected as well as not wanting to accept any suffering
Still suicide is tragic and a waste of life especially if one did so wilfully
And though I believe some suicides are forgivable I believe perhaps as some Protestants say one must trust in the sacrifice of Christ to save one apart from his works and not just accept that but believe that.
Those who do would not wilfully commit suicide. Jesus said the work of God is to believe on Him whom He sent. Once one does everything will come natural. I said his works not God’s work in him. I also do not know as Peter says we must make our call and election sure as also Jesus taught about the wise virgins. It’s not a guarantee of salvation but a possibility
I mean it does not give one permission to commit suicide because he believes he trusts but as I said some may be saved who God thinks deserves excuse.

https://www.christianity.com/devotionals/in-touch-charles-stanley/in-touch-sept-26-2012.html

As for the suicide of the monk here
http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/312223.aspx

It may have been his intention to destroy the church and or Satan is desperate. But if not I have took part in questioning if the pope is departing from some of what pope shenouda taught and because I befriended some people who speak against the clergy and people seemed to warn not to which lessened the fear of God among people so even if I am not responsible to be judged to hell if I repent still I am responsible for their blood even if not to be judged to hell

The pope and authorities are chosen by God because He determined everything before the world was founded. It is a grave sin to fight him for we were supposed to help him in his work.  Every kingdom divided against itself will fall

Not only do we murder the person of the pope by seeking to destroy his name and future while he is honoured which will lead to God taking our honour and by reviling him we put ourselves in danger of hell as it is written not to speak evil of dignitaries even the evil.  In the way we judge others God will judge us.

Every authority that exists is from God. Whoever resists the authority resists God. It is said about David his enemies I will clothe with shame but upon himself his crown shall flourish. The bible says God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

Psalm 109:20 Let this be the Lord’s reward to my accusers,
And to those who speak evil against my person.

So If you have been like this even as I am it is time to repent. The blood of the recent suicide is on us

Woe unto us when all men speak well of us

How I have been a hypocrite I am responsible for belief in heresy because though I did believe probably there is an eternal punishment I doubted it.

The Pharisees did not know they were a brood of vipers which is proven by the next statement of John the Baptist who has warned you to flee from the wrath to come

From Cyprian of Carthage (252-253 AD)
Thascius Caecilius Cyprianus was bishop at Carthage. He had an excellent Greek education and wrote several key letters and treatises in which he discussed doctrines of the Church:
An ever-burning Gehenna and the punishment of being devoured by living flames will consume the condemned; nor will there be any way in which the tormented can ever have respite or be at an end. Souls along with their bodies will be preserved for suffering in unlimited agonies… The grief at punishment will then be without the fruit of repentance; weeping will be useless, and prayer ineffectual. Too late will they believe in eternal punishment, who would not believe in eternal life (“To Demetrian” 24)
Oh,what and how great will that day be at its coming, beloved brethren, when the Lord shall begin to count up His people, and to recognize the deservings of each one by the inspection of His divine knowledge, to send the guilty to Gehenna, and to set on fire our persecutors with the perpetual burning of a penal fire, but to pay to us the reward of our faith and devotion! (“To Thibaris” 55:10)

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 07:51:29 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Re: The dilemma of guilt
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 10:10:54 AM »
I feel like I should just point out that Charles and Andy Stanley (father and son) are kind of towards one end of the "Lordship Salvation" vs. "Free Grace" spectrum within Evangelicalism and if you pressed him on it, I'm not sure how much Charles Stanley would even say that keeping from sin is necessary to salvation if one already has faith.

No judgement intended on either of them, just something to keep in mind given this topic. More "Lordship Salvation" minded Evangelicals like (I need to stop bringing him up on these boards lol) John MacArthur would say that suicide is almost certainly a direct ticket to Hell.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 10:15:17 AM »
I have sinned by being attracted by their doctrines. I do believe scripture shows nowhere where suicide is forgiven for those who have free choice not to or especially the deceived who do not want the truth. And if one was justified by the complete knowledge of the truth it is likely most won’t have it because Jesus said few would find it and the way to life is difficult
We must trust in Christ however to make us righteous. It is true saving faith which produces fruit
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:21:29 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 10:44:52 AM »
I have sinned by being attracted by their doctrines. I do believe scripture shows nowhere where suicide is forgiven for those who have free choice not to or especially the deceived who do not want the truth. And if one was justified by the complete knowledge of the truth it is likely most won’t have it because Jesus said few would find it and the way to life is difficult
We must trust in Christ however to make us righteous. It is true saving faith which produces fruit

I don't know that it's a sin merely to be attracted to a doctrine because you find the Scriptural evidence for it somewhat compelling.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 10:46:45 AM »

I don't know that it's a sin merely to be attracted to a doctrine because you find the Scriptural evidence for it somewhat compelling.

I guess so but to teach it seems so if I have any doubt in it

I guess there could be many Christians who don’t agree with him such as below

https://www.christianpost.com/news/andy-stanley-wrong-bible-resurrection-salvation-170598/

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 01:03:14 PM »

Maybe it just says something about my own state, but I don't think it's possible to have 100% trust in a doctrine. If you have doubts about something, I'd say it's also ok to be honest about it even as your warn people about your concerns.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/andy-stanley-wrong-bible-resurrection-salvation-170598/

Kind of funny that Land says all these "maximalist" things that would completely shoot his Christianity in the foot from an Orthodox perspective. But yes, that sort of emphasis on the Lordship of Christ is what I was talking about.

Offline WPM

• Jewish
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Universal
  • Jurisdiction: United States
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 02:45:01 PM »
Looks like a botched TV court case.
The first 5 books of the To-Rah is Genesis,Exodus,Leviticus,Numbers, and Deuteronomy.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 03:52:02 PM »
It is clear that teaching suicide is forgivable is wrong especially if people can not handle it

2 Corinthians 2:7
so that, on the contrary, you ought rather to forgive and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one be swallowed up with too much sorrow.

2 Corinthians 2:10-11
10 Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one for your sakes in the presence of Christ, 11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:02:18 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 04:13:21 PM »

Maybe it just says something about my own state, but I don't think it's possible to have 100% trust in a doctrine. If you have doubts about something, I'd say it's also ok to be honest about it even as your warn people about your concerns.

Kind of funny that Land says all these "maximalist" things that would completely shoot his Christianity in the foot from an Orthodox perspective. But yes, that sort of emphasis on the Lordship of Christ is what I was talking about.

Thanks dear Volnutt :)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 08:03:55 AM »
Suicide absolutely almost always leads to hell we must assume because we can not excuse people we do not know who could have free will. We must through many trials and tribulations enter the kingdom. He who endures to the end shall be saved. Jesus said take up the cross. The antichrist is coming to try those who have not been faithful to the Lord. Therefore the kingdom is likened to a man going to a far country and telling his servants to watch. Therefore if those during the tribulation have to overcome how much more do we.

If there are cases of suicide who are forgiven they may be people without much free will. Unfortunately however nearly all men are free and must give account to God. Jesus warned there will be much false teachers and lawlessness will abound though it yet this does not take away their responsibility. All the world is in a lost condition by Satan yet they must still overcome and turn to the word of God which endures forever 

Now if the righteous is scarcely saved what shall the ungodly and sinner appear which reject the gospel
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 08:13:22 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 11:24:54 AM »
Broad is the way that leads to destruction and there are many who go in by it

Jesus clearly teaches enter the narrow gate

Many will teach different to Jesus prophesying in His name the way

The broad way is attractive because it pleases people
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 11:27:15 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 04:45:41 AM »
To be fair psalm 109 also refers to persecuting anyone needy or poor and we are meant to bless those who curse us
The bible says no reviler shall enter the kingdom of God which is anyone who speaks bad about others and does not repent of it and wish for the well being of his enemies and wish to change if he may have to
My problem with respecting any reform is false witnesses even if what one said is true there should be undeniable proof or not speak. But the person is not able to make proof
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 04:56:02 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 05:12:21 AM »
Also there is no need for accusations and it is wrong if people won’t believe it
Focus on reform and respect all
Also you must not insist on followers though others have no right to force you to stop
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:15:08 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 04:42:57 PM »
To be fair psalm 109 also refers to persecuting anyone needy or poor and we are meant to bless those who curse us
The bible says no reviler shall enter the kingdom of God which is anyone who speaks bad about others and does not repent of it and wish for the well being of his enemies and wish to change if he may have to
My problem with respecting any reform is false witnesses even if what one said is true there should be undeniable proof or not speak. But the person is not able to make proof

What reforms are you talking about? It's always possible to disagree with somebody, even forcefully, without cursing or reviling. Paul even disagreed with Peter, after all.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 03:34:55 PM »
How I have been a hypocrite I am responsible for belief in heresy because though I did believe probably there is an eternal punishment I doubted it.

I never doubted there is an eternal punishment I doubted the kind
It is possible that however that all who go to hell are not capable of repentance as heaven is locked within because of not repenting.
Choosing not to do God’s will is blasphemy of Holy Spirit which is never forgiven for it is our choice
If some could come back to God though without their complete free will it is up to God to know I do not know it may not be possible or if that is available
It is dangerous to teach maybe some can repent after death or be saved for we don’t know

It is written nothing defiled shall enter heaven. A person who has made his choice not to obey God if he entered heaven would as Paul said seek to crucify the Lord a second time putting Him to an open shame. If evil doers continued unpunished the wheat would perish as Jesus said unless the Lord had shortened those days no flesh would be saved
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 03:45:18 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 03:36:44 PM »

What reforms are you talking about? It's always possible to disagree with somebody, even forcefully, without cursing or reviling. Paul even disagreed with Peter, after all.

I prefer not to talk about it at the moment but it is just about a girl on Facebook who has problems with some people in church especially clergy

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 08:15:25 AM »
Faith alone saves that works. I mean not faith alone but to disqualify the works of men not of God. faith is a work of God and you must work from it as Paul says faith is  working through love which Paul says is what saves. Works are proof you genuinely accepted to be saved by Christ. However those called earlier as in the parable of the workers must always renew their faith so it keeps working
Rahab proved her faith by accepting the Israelite spies. Those who have faith will endure to the end
Faith if it does not work as James says will not save. Jesus explains he who endures to the end will be saved as with the parable of the sower.

The point is salvation is a gift and you can find Christ at the last hour if you are given the chance even if you die without proof of your faith though if you don’t intend to work you deceive only yourself

Peter says work out your salvation with fear and trembling for you are God’s workmanship for works
Therefore works are important but it is God who makes you able to work to be saved
If God really saved you you would endure to the end

Therefore you are working for the power of God as Jesus says you must still work but the work of God to believe on Him whom He sent so He gives the power for good works

Paul said the gospel is the power of God for salvation

Peter says if you lack brotherly kindness love etc it means you have forgotten you were cleansed from your sins that is you deviated from true faith and salvation which works to the end which you must.

And so it is not once saved always saved if every grace from Christ is considered salvation because it may be a salvation but not a deep salvation which one who experiences may never fall away
Peter is saying if you were deeply saved you would have these works
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:27:05 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 08:33:38 AM »
And so it is not once saved always saved if every grace from Christ is considered salvation because it may be a salvation but not a deep salvation which one who experiences may never fall away
Peter is saying if you were deeply saved you would have these works

It was never an eternal salvation for some as Jude says to remember that the Lord having saved the Children of Israel from Egypt did after all destroy those who did not believe. We know they believed at the beginning Moses and it is said they were obedient to him. But they did not endure to the end.
They did not remain believing that is obedient to the faith and will of God.

As Jesus says not every one who says Lord Lord will enter the kingdom but he who does the will of the Father. Many will prophesy even their good works but I guess it could have been past works

Only those who hear His sayings to do them will endure the flood not to be destroyed by it
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:37:45 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 08:49:31 AM »
We must abide in the vine lest having no continuing fruit we are thrown out.
I do not judge Protestants they could have the full knowledge of the truth but I only know about the church teaching the truth as Jesus said the church should be holding fast to the rock which is Christ so the gates of hades will not prevail. I accept that perhaps absolution is only from the priest and not just as a testimony to them as Jesus told the man He healed. I believe it because I am convinced of the priesthood but I don’t know. The priesthood does not steal the glory of God but I suppose some priests try to. Because if they withhold forgiveness by not listening to the Holy Spirit it does not mean that person is not forgiven and if they forgive when not also in tune with the Holy Spirit it does not mean a person is forgiven. Also forgiven does not mean salvation though I suppose they should be able to declare a person saved if they are truly having relation and abiding in Christ. Or rather it would be wrong to declare them saved but only having relation.
I believe priest should also not condemn Protestants for God may work with Holy Spirit in them and accept them and pray for them. Also perhaps some would benefit from prayer of the dead
Perhaps all Protestants can have the full truth but I don’t know. I wish to try to benefit
 from sacraments if it is God’s will for me. It seems to benefit me maybe because I promote peace in the church as Paul says proof we are one we take that one body. Or it benefits me simply because of God’s love as Paul kept customs for men’s sake and he said to keep customs to whom customs are due. It may simply benefit me because it encourages me to be good or because I promote good God blesses me
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:59:13 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 09:06:39 AM »
I am obviously concerned about vulnerable Protestants so I decided I accept Protestants but that I believe the church fully teaches the bible. I am not allowed to judge Protestants it is not my job but if they need the church I believe it is the churches job to convince. I will live in the church simply because I don’t know better about the knowledge of the truth and it seems to help my spiritual life and if I learn about it better to be convincing
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 09:08:19 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 04:30:59 PM »
Well, I'm glad to hear that you at least seem to be finding some peace.

Offline Alpha60

• A thing of routers, hubs and switches, and dreary web GUIs
  • Technical Team
  • Protokentarchos
  • OCNet Systems and Network Operations
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 04:33:51 PM »
Well, I'm glad to hear that you at least seem to be finding some peace.

+1

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2018, 02:00:04 AM »
Thank you my dear friends :)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2018, 04:46:36 AM »
Jesus came to give everyone a chance for salvation but they must strive to enter heaven
You can’t delay or if He is more patient you don’t know how patient so it is not safe
Paul explains like this do you not know the unrighteousness will not inherit the kingdom such we’re some of you but you were washed sacrificed and justified

It makes sense not to delay as it is selfish making others think they are safe to sin. Those who love God will not delay and repent while they have life which those who delay may not.

However we should think ourselves as worst sinner and we must strive hard as all the saints did to look at all their own sins to get rid of it

Pope Kyrillos VI says
“The path leading to heaven is both wide and narrow. It is wide
because it can accommodate the worst sinners of this world. However,
it is narrow because if you desire to walk in it you cannot bear to
carry even one sin.”

However those who sin wilfully I do not believe are worthy of christ even though we all are not and Jesus says if you say in your heart your master is delaying your coming He will come when you are unaware. No one is promised tommorow.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 04:53:36 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 05:53:01 AM »
This video explains what I am trying to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWhWVJIdE2U&t=12s

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2018, 06:04:06 AM »
Maybe I should not have posted what Pope Kyrillos VI said. I did because I had some hope for him and I was not aware that for me to be posting about him could be a stumbling block

Some probably think Pope Kyrillos believed in universal salvation because he used to read from st isaac the syrian which he copied from hand. However I have read other writings and he didn't seem to believe that. He did after all appoint pope shenouda III the bishop of education who didn't. Pope shenouda also used to read and sometimes quote from him. He was afterall not condemned in the church though I believe his views were. I think that is because he did not know better. It is worthy of condemnation. As Paul said if even we the apostles or an angel from heaven preach to you any other gospel than what you have received let him be accursed.
Pope Kyrillos hopefully just wanted to be more educated to more properly be beneficial with the truth. But if he preached that or even did not want to believe otherwise and told people it is okay to hope in that which it is okay as long as you are still searching the truth but if he does not believe one should search the truth and wish to embrace it if he finds it I am not sure he is saved. But he may have repented before death of not seeking the truth more.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2018, 06:17:06 AM »
I have hope to believe some people may be forgiven by prayer of the dead as I mentioned before who repented which is still difficult because I do not know if they can have their sins remitted here whether that is by a priest or not because I believe one will be comforted about his sins if it was remitted as Jesus said blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted even if they repent to be saints but lesser saints . Everyone can repent to become a saint and not lack reward as Jesus said there is last who will be first but not every one will.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:20:37 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2018, 06:34:27 AM »
Wanted to say more but I will give account for every idle word
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:41:41 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mcarmichael

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Catholic
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2018, 05:52:10 PM »
Wish I were more like you, Mike.
Please pardon my behavior.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 07:12:11 AM »

Thanks my friend you are very kind :) you have had more self control and reverence than me. I trust you can do it and better than me.
I hope I can do what I say as I often talk and do not do and Jesus said to listen but don’t do as me
but I hope to change

Offline mcarmichael

• Archon
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2018, 08:53:31 PM »

Thanks my friend you are very kind :) you have had more self control and reverence than me. I trust you can do it and better than me.
I hope I can do what I say as I often talk and do not do and Jesus said to listen but don’t do as me
but I hope to change
Maybe you're right.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2018, 10:04:29 AM »
Jesus came to give everyone a chance for salvation but they must strive to enter heaven
You can’t delay or if He is more patient you don’t know how patient so it is not safe
Paul explains like this do you not know the unrighteousness will not inherit the kingdom such we’re some of you but you were washed sacrificed and justified

It makes sense not to delay as it is selfish making others think they are safe to sin. Those who love God will not delay and repent while they have life which those who delay may not.

However we should think ourselves as worst sinner and we must strive hard as all the saints did to look at all their own sins to get rid of it

Pope Kyrillos VI says
carry even one sin.”

However those who sin wilfully I do not believe are worthy of christ even though we all are not and Jesus says if you say in your heart your master is delaying your coming He will come when you are unaware. No one is promised tommorow.

The bible says blessed is the man who endures temptation for he will receive the crown of life.

Therefore there is danger of dying in mortal sin. But if you are alive now then it is not too late for you to go back to God. Turn your heart to Him and strive to do His will which is repentance

It also refers to enduring all the temptations and afflictions to do God's will and trials of life not just one sin.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:09:39 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2018, 05:06:11 PM »
I don’t mean to cause despair for people who fall in sins. It is just a fact that sin is dangerous. When proverbs 4 or 5 says I was on the verge of total ruin it means that one will suffer painful chastisement and the fact it says verge and not total ruin may mean one does not necessarily have to be totally  ruined but can repent . However it is not safe as people may die without chance to repent. I worried only for myself in another thread because of my many sins of talking so I should not be a further stumbling block and I don’t know how patient God will be though He could be patient

Before you sin the devil says it is not a big deal after it is not forgivable. One should not sin because one should not test His patience though He could be very patient to all or many or some but we don’t know
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 05:16:15 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2018, 05:17:51 PM »
One should not sin because one should not test His patience though He could be very patient to all or many or some but we don’t know

I have erred here. I should also say He may not be very patient to many

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2018, 05:21:59 PM »
Also by saying verge of total ruin it means it could be for some you are close to total ruin. I don’t mean to make one interpret the passage for himself to lack seriousness and thereby help the devil
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 05:28:19 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mcarmichael

• Archon
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2018, 05:31:20 PM »

Pope Kyrillos VI says
carry even one sin.”

The bible says blessed is the man who endures temptation for he will receive the crown of life.

Therefore there is danger of dying in mortal sin. But if you are alive now then it is not too late for you to go back to God. Turn your heart to Him and strive to do His will which is repentance

It also refers to enduring all the temptations and afflictions to do God's will and trials of life not just one sin.

Mike, thanks for reminding me.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2018, 05:43:16 PM »
You have to expect God not to be very patient to those who sin wilfully after they receive the knowledge of the truth which may include all those who seem not to have a good reason God may be patient. But is up to God how much patience He can or will give. Those at the eleventh hour did not have the knowledge of the truth or perhaps were those who God was patient with for not being able to receive it then. I said perhaps because they may not have patience if the knowledge of truth was available. To sin wilfully may refer to those who are rejecting the gospel which they accepted but it may also refer to sinning intentionally
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 05:48:21 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2018, 05:51:29 PM »

Thanks. Your welcome :)

I tried to send you a private message but it said your inbox was full

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2018, 03:55:32 AM »
I spoke bad about pope kyrillos from doubt how can I be saved ? Must I pray to him often or seek the church constantly to help me know more about him that he is a saint ? I should ask my confession father
Jesus said he who rejects you rejects Me
Perhaps however God understands and it is wrong to try to earn forgiveness
But my pride and disrespect is a stumbling block even if I won’t be able to find if he is a saint

Offline mcarmichael

• Archon
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2018, 05:26:33 PM »

Thanks. Your welcome :)

I tried to send you a private message but it said your inbox was full

I don't know why, but I didn't block you. You probably would have got a message that I blocked you, because I think I've seen one or two myself.