Author Topic: Romanian Orthodox movie "The Second Coming of Christ"  (Read 334 times)

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Romanian Orthodox movie "The Second Coming of Christ"
« on: September 28, 2018, 04:02:37 PM »
Daniel Anghelchev produced the movie The Second Coming of Christ (2017/2018) with a Romanian Orthodox background theme. It shows part of a Romanian liturgy (in English), a discussion on the Theotokos' ikon, feeding the hungry at a Romanian church, and praying in church several times.

It can be found on Youtube under the title Movie: The second coming of christ || hd movie 2018

The movie has a scene where the people speak only Romanian at about 40 minutes into the film. May I please ask what the people say in the scene?

Here is my review of a few interesting issues. (SPOILER ALERT.)
The film tells the story of how a scientist (Diana Angelson, who is also Romanian Orthodox) rescues an orphan from a Chinese "Dying Room", but the baby dies in her arms. So she says that she will give her soul (whether it's to the Devil or the AntiChrist isn't clear) for the baby to come back to life. The baby then revives and the anti-Christ shows up to meet her.

The scientist genetically modifies bees to make them immortal and to pass on their DNA of immortality onto the plants that they help fertilize. The process is supposed to start a chain that passes on a DNA strand that will make the plants and humans of the world immortal. She says that bees will be the new god. She seems to be an atheist because of trauma she experienced, and she reasons later in the movie when her adopted daughter dies again that God would not have let the daughter die, concluding that therefore He must not exist.

Preacher John is a hero in the movie who used research to cure cancer. But he questions the wisdom of using science to gain immortality, asking whether immortality from genes will make people nicer. At the end of the movie she rejects the antiChrist because his invention caused a plague as a side effect, and she accepts Jesus successfully even though earlier she pledged her soul to the dark. The film raises an interesting question about the potential downsides of living forever on earth in its corrupt state.
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Re: Romanian Orthodox movie "The Second Coming of Christ"
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 04:51:06 PM »

Preacher John is a hero in the movie who used research to cure cancer. But he questions the wisdom of using science to gain immortality, asking whether immortality from genes will make people nicer. At the end of the movie she rejects the antiChrist because his invention caused a plague as a side effect, and she accepts Jesus successfully even though earlier she pledged her soul to the dark. The film raises an interesting question about the potential downsides of living forever on earth in its corrupt state.

Correction:
Preacher John cured cancer. ...
Beatrix, the scientist working on bees, accepted Jesus at the end.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 04:51:34 PM by rakovsky »
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20