Author Topic: Pan-Orthodox Evangelism in the diaspora  (Read 67 times)

Offline Mercurius1

• Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
Pan-Orthodox Evangelism in the diaspora
« on: September 12, 2018, 12:25:12 PM »
I was involved in mission work as a catholic before I became Orthodox so this is something I’m really interested in

This question really revolves around places where there are multiple jurisdictions outside of the traditionally Orthodox lands.

I know in America we have the OCMC, but, it serves mostly to overseas missions. Also, most of the various jurisdictions do their own mission work. However, is there any sort of pan-Orthodox mission effort in the u.S? We have the Council of Bishops here, why do we not do a unified evangelization?

I would also like to apply this question to places like England, Germany, etc., other places that have a pan-Orthodox council of bishops
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 12:25:50 PM by Mercurius1 »

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Re: Pan-Orthodox Evangelism in the diaspora
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 01:18:16 PM »
Latin America has the Latin American Orthodox Episcopal Conference, but it's such a messy thing that until recently they didn't even accept the Brazilian PAOC bishops since their original metropolitan had been excommunicated and gossip followed on for a decade. At least it's currently working for coordinated translation efforts. I'm not well aware of the rest of the continent, but in Brazil our bishops are friendly with each other, the priests serve in each other's churches, etc, I'm very hopeful that we are working toward Pan-Orthodoxy. Unfortunately, the two hierarchs with largest communities seem to be the least worried ones with this, while the half dozen others have efforts toward each other.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth