Author Topic: The Flood of Noah and fish fossils in the Himalayas.  (Read 472 times)

Offline Xavier

• Slave of Love consecrated to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary through the Holy Rosary of the Theotokos.
  • High Elder
  • Immaculate Mary Theotokos, Reunite the Churches!
    • Marian Apostolate Life Offering.
  • Faith: Traditional Catholic Christian
  • Jurisdiction: The Pope - but my heart is for Re-Union!
The Flood of Noah and fish fossils in the Himalayas.
« on: August 25, 2018, 07:55:53 AM »

Three simple questions for our friends who support evolution/deny a global flood.

1. Why are there Fish Fossils in the Himalayas? From a news site on a recent discovery, "The mighty Himalayas, also known as ‘The Roof of the World’, rise up to an incredible height, disappearing into the clouds on some days. Some of the world’s highest peaks are in the Himalayas, including Mount Everest, which at 29,029 feet is the highest mountain in the world. At these altitudes, the air is thin, and the temperatures are extreme. The land is arid and brown, and it looks like it’s been this way since the beginning of time. These mighty mountains are hundreds of miles away from the closest sea. So how is it possible that marine fossils have been found in multiple locations in the Himalayas?"

2. Why are there watery graveyards of dinosaurs and other extinct creatures all around the globe? From live science, "fossils are so abundant in the badlands of western Canada overall, "and why they are often found preserved so exquisitely," Eberth said.

Coastal floodplains such as those seen in modern Bangladesh can cover vast areas, with flooding killing hundreds of thousands of livestock, not to mention the human tragedies that occur.

"Because of their size and the scale of the flooding, dinosaurs could not escape the coastal floodwaters and would have been killed in large numbers," Eberth explained. "In contrast, fish, small reptiles, mammals, and birds may have been able to escape such seasonal catastrophes by retreating to quiet water areas, the safety of trees and burrows, or simply by flying away."

See also an excellent article on the creation science implications of these discoveries here: "Since fossilization, especially of a large dinosaur, not to speak of thousands of them in a bone bed, is a very rare event,4 the Genesis Flood provides a plausible mechanism for rapid fossilization." https://creation.com/watery-catastrophe-deduced-from-huge-ceratopsian-dinosaur-graveyard

3. Why are there hundreds of ancient records of a global flood - including one related in the time of Gilgamesh who lived around 2800 B.C., as secularists acknowledge? Please don't give us a modernist Freudian "pshycological" explanation of these facts. An actual global flood which countless diverse cultures experienced and recorded is the best explanation.

One could add some further questions to our evolutionary friends like "why do you believe there was catastrophic flooding on Mars(!) while refusing even to consider the possibility of a global flood back here on God's green (and blue!) Earth?" and "why don't you take these facts into account in your (mis)dating? Won't they very significantly alter your assumptions and the resultant dates?" but that will do for now.

For Latin rite Christians, the Office informs us God became Incarnate "in the year 2959th from the flood, in the year 2015th from the birth of Abraham, in the year 1510th from the going forth of the people of Israel out of Egypt under Moses" and the actual scientific evidence overwhelmingly supports a global flood around 5000 years ago.

"there are over 500 Flood legends worldwide. Ancient civilizations such as (China, Babylonia, Wales, Russia, India, America, Hawaii, Scandinavia, Sumatra, Peru, and Polynesia) all have their own versions of a giant flood. These flood tales are frequently linked by common elements that parallel the Biblical account including the warning of the coming flood, the construction of a boat in advance, the storage of animals, the inclusion of family, and the release of birds to determine if the water level had subsided." http://nwcreation.net/noahlegends.html
"My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with your most precious Blood and your sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the intention of your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/

"Pray the Rosary every day to obtain Peace for the world"

Offline Ainnir

• Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
Re: The Flood of Noah and fish fossils in the Himalayas.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 08:43:33 AM »
I think accepting the accounts in #3 only proves that Noah was the ancestor of each culture, but it does not support any given timeline, nor indicate the true extent of the flooding.
Current geographical models explain #1 and #2, iirc.  I'll go double check in the next day or two, but I have little doubt you're already prepared for that.  :)

One could add some further questions to our evolutionary friends like "why do you believe there was catastrophic flooding on Mars(!) while refusing even to consider the possibility of a global flood back here on God's green (and blue!) Earth?" and "why don't you take these facts into account in your (mis)dating? Won't they very significantly alter your assumptions and the resultant dates?" but that will do for now.

For Latin rite Christians, the Office informs us God became Incarnate "in the year 2959th from the flood, in the year 2015th from the birth of Abraham, in the year 1510th from the going forth of the people of Israel out of Egypt under Moses" and the actual scientific evidence overwhelmingly supports a global flood around 5000 years ago.
I think the "Why deny a flood on Earth?" question could be answered with a rejection of your second paragraph here.  Too often these points and the supporting articles are used to force feed X number of years from Creation until now, instead of just the minimalist approach of, "Hey look, flood testimony!"  If you have to agree with the Office to be a Catholic in good standing, like you have to confess 6000 years to avoid shunning by the Evangelical and Fundamentalist crowd, then you are not going to make much headway with your evidence because it's the demanded conclusion that people are eschewing.
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no idea, so there’s that.

Offline Sharbel

• Glory to God in all things!
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Greek
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 09:05:20 PM »
1. Why are there Fish Fossils in the Himalayas?
Because 70 million years ago it was at sea level.
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Tenzin and Desmond
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 09:37:13 PM »
3. Why are there hundreds of ancient records of a global flood - including one related in the time of Gilgamesh who lived around 2800 B.C., as secularists acknowledge?
If a global flood (that wiped out all of humanity and other terrestrial life) happened c. 2800 BCE, then that would mean that ancient civilizations like Egypt, Indus Valley, and Yellow River would have been wiped out--but those civilizations existed before 2800 BCE and continued to exist after 2800 BCE, without any radical discontinuity due to massive inundation.
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 10:02:13 PM »
3. Why are there hundreds of ancient records of a global flood - including one related in the time of Gilgamesh who lived around 2800 B.C., as secularists acknowledge?
If a global flood (that wiped out all of humanity and other terrestrial life) happened c. 2800 BCE, then that would mean that ancient civilizations like Egypt, Indus Valley, and Yellow River would have been wiped out--but those civilizations existed before 2800 BCE and continued to exist after 2800 BCE, without any radical discontinuity due to massive inundation.

Of course.

There are many ancient pagan stories of floods.

This is because everybody used to live near rivers, which flood all the time.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

"Some people only feel good when they are praising the Lord." - Coptic bishop

Mt. 21:31 Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you."