Author Topic: OC.net chatroom  (Read 1428 times)

Offline orth_christian2000

• He must increase, I must decrease...
    • A Mind-Blogging Experience
OC.net chatroom
« on: October 16, 2005, 02:32:00 AM »
Does anyone actually use it?  I've gone in a few times, and I was always alone?  I was just wondering if any of the posters actually use it?  And if so, when?  It would be nice to chat sometimes, perhaps those interested can set up a certain time and date? 
Or maybe not (just thought I'd put it out there, see what everyone thinks about it).

Theodore (Ted)
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: OC.net chatroom
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 02:39:08 AM »
Hey Ted, I've been in there a half dozen times, I just kept my eye on the bottom of the main forum page to see if anyone was in there. They had scheduled chats, but people didn't go, and then at other times there were many people on unscheduled days. I've seen this type of thing on many theology boards. Rather than trying to set up an "official" time, the best thing (from what I've seen in the past, anyway) is to try and get a core group or 3-4 people to commit to being in there at a particular time on a particular day. Then, if other people join in then that's great, and if not then at least you'll have 3-4 friends can chat for a while. Personally, since the hours I work changes from week to week I never know when I'll be online, so it'd be difficult for me to go to scheduled chats. Like I said, I just keep my eye out if I happen to be online.

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 10:39:32 PM »
After several of us tried to get in tonight. all there at one time but not 'seeing' the others, I wonder if it works at all now, Or perhaps it is just 'pilot error'.  :-[
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 11:01:03 PM »
Yeah, I'm also starting to wonder about this. I tried to type in information on the screen, but no print would even show up.

Maybe it was just the terminal I was on (curse these HC/HC computer lab terminals!) or maybe something really just isn't working right.
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • St. Chrysostomos the New
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 11:21:01 PM »
If it's broken we will get it fixed soon as we continue to upgrade the site. Thanks!
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 08:10:26 PM »
[quote author=ओनास्टासियोस link=topic=7368.msg96209#msg96209 date=1129778461]
If it's broken we will get it fixed soon as we continue to upgrade the site. Thanks!
[/quote]

OK! Please let us know when you think it's been fixed, so I can attempt to experiment again!
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline nikolaos

• Macedonia birthplace of Greek civilization
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 05:44:20 AM »
I have tried several times to connect but the connection always failled  :-\ could anyone to tell me why or give any advise how i will circumvent this problem.TY