OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 12:41:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know a Spanish Orthodox St. Alfred(o)?  (Read 730 times) Average Rating: 0
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« on: October 20, 2005, 01:41:13 PM »

Hi Ya'll, long time no see.
Some people here might know that I have a Filipino Catholic godson.  He's turning 1 very shortly, and I've been trying to find a St. Alfred that he can later on use as an insperation and spiritual guide.  The only one I've been able to find so far on the net is King Alfred the Great of England, and I'm not sure he is an Orthodox saint as well as a Catholic saint.  For obvious reasons, I want my godson to have a patron saint who is considered a saint by both the Orthodox and Catholic churches. 
Besides that, I would prefer that the saint be of Spanish origin, as Alfredo's family, though predominently Filipinos, have a sprinkling of Spanish colonists in their ancestry.  They speak a mix of Tagalog and Spanish at home, and I think would prefer a Spanish saint to an English one. 
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks,
Ania

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Mexican
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 02:19:46 AM »

Dear Annia

I know a few Spanish Orthodox priests who know a lot of pre-schism Europan saints. I will ask them and keep you informed.

Good luck!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: