Author Topic: oriental orthodox prayers  (Read 347 times)

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• A sinful servant of God
  • High Elder
  • Господи Иисусе Христе, Сыне Божий, помилуй мя
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate
oriental orthodox prayers
« on: June 15, 2018, 03:09:28 PM »
I wish to get prayers from all the oriental orthodox churches(Coptic, Ethiopian, Armenian, Syrian, Indian etc, etc) if anyone can provide prayers that would be helpful

Gospodi pomului!

kyrie eleison!

lord have mercy!

not every quiet man is humble but every humble man is quiet         st Isaac the Syrian

Offline Brilko

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ?
Re: oriental orthodox prayers
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 03:45:10 PM »
Armenian saint and declared a doctor of the church by Pope Francis.

http://www.stgregoryofnarek.am/book.php

Offline Sethrak

• Elder
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 05:52:45 PM »
Greeting Friend ~ Do you mean ~ Prayer that is Latin letters ~ so you can sound it out ~ Like :   Hayr Mer  ( Our Father ) or  Prayer translated into English or an other language ```

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 06:20:41 PM »
Here's the Coptic book of hours (the Agpeya).
On an extended hiatus from this site. Please pray for me and my family.

I'm sorry to any that my posts might offend.

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 02:44:41 AM »
Here's the Coptic book of hours (the Agpeya).

The Agpeya is very good, and user friendly, as prayerbooks go.

I recently found a copy of the entire Syriac Orthodox Shimo online; I downloaded it but will have to search around a bit to find it (I also own a print copy of the Bede Griffiths Shimo).  The Shimo is a prayer book for the weekday services. 

There is a stripped-down version of it on Syriac Orthodox Resources here (heavily abbreviated): http://sor.cua.edu/Liturgy/SimplePrayer/index.html

Also if you are looking for the Syriac Orthodox divine liturgy, which I love, particularly because it begins with the hymn Ho Monoges, you will find it on that site.  Their homepage is down for some reason but all the content pages are up.
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• High Elder
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 09:24:50 AM »
nice thanks for prayer I asked because I have recently got Coptic icon of Christ and Ethiopian icon of Theotokos so I wish to pray before them ( when I get icons  from different traditions I try to pray with prayers from the icons traditions)
not every quiet man is humble but every humble man is quiet         st Isaac the Syrian

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to FOCOF
Mor Ephrem is a nice guy.  Just say sorry and it will all be ok. Say I had things that were inside troubling me but I didn't know how to express appropriately. I will not behave that way again but I am seeking help.

thank you so much Mor ephrem you are a hero!

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• High Elder

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 03:57:15 PM »
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13200.0.html

thank you so much Mor ephrem you are a hero!

You know when my father died Mor was the first member of OCNet to reach out to me with condolences, and was extremely helpful.  I joined OCNet largely to be able to interact with Mor, and I have grown to love and respect him deeply.

Along the way I met a host of other wonderful people, like serb1389, who taught me how to apply the Orthodox theological concept of apatheia, AntoniousNikolaus, the funniest man and a beacon of piety and sensibility, Iconodule, whose posts reasonate wisdom, and several very pious ladies, like Salpy, Alxandra, Denise, LisaSymonenko, Maria, who I have come to know personally, and several others.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:00:34 PM by Alpha60 »
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.