OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 01:46:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bishop Nikon elected Bishop of New England (OCA)  (Read 2267 times) Average Rating: 0
monkvasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC 0f USA

« on: October 20, 2005, 10:58:43 AM »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Just received this from an OCA priest friend:

Announcement:

On Wednesday, October 19, 2005, the Holy Synod of Bishops of the Orthodox
Church in America elected:

The Right Reverend NIKON
Bishop of Boston, New England and the Albanian Archdiocese

Further information will be published as available, including future plans
for installation of the new diocesan bishop for New England.

May God grant His Grace many years!

--
Archpriest John J. Dresko
Director of Communications
Diocese of New England

AXIOS!

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 12:03:57 PM »

Interesting in that he was supposed to have been elected bishop of New England almost 3 years ago but the people in New England a source tells me did not want a part time bishop (seeing as how Nikon is also bishop of the Albanians).ÂÂ  I guess the Holy Synod just decided that since there was no one else to elect, he had to be it.

I think Bp Nikon is one of the most solid OCA bishops.ÂÂ  I have talked to him thrice in person and really respect him.

Anastasios
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 12:04:18 PM by à ¤“à ¤¨Ã ¤¾Ã ¤¸Ã 崮» Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 12:17:29 PM »

Many years!

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
monkvasyl
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 12:20:15 PM »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Well, the OCA has Archbisop Kyril of both the Bulgarians and the terroritorial diocese, so its logical for them to "combind" the 2 in New England.  Yes, I heard there are some who did not want him, butr I think its a good choice.  I met him 2 yrs old at the Sunday of Orthodoxy Vespers and he made me feel like we have know eachother for years.  If he can make a stranger feel at ease...good choice.  AXIOS!

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 12:25:23 PM »

Frankly, we had best get used to these situations if 'unity' is ever to be achieved in North America.
Well done, OCA.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 01:03:47 PM »

Well, the OCA has Archbisop Kyril of both the Bulgarians and the terroritorial diocese, so its logical for them to "combind" the 2 in New England.ÂÂ

Yes, but they were trying to get away from this model.  Unfortunately, they don't have the manpower right now.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
monkvasyl
High Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 01:14:40 PM »

[quote author=à ¤“à ¤¨à ¤¾à ¤¸à ¥à ¤Ÿà ¤¾à ¤¸à ¤¿à ¤¯à ¥‹à ¤¸ link=topic=7393.msg96241#msg96241 date=1129827827]
Yes, but they were trying to get away from this model.ÂÂ  Unfortunately, they don't have the manpower right now.

Anastasios
[/quote]

Which explains why New England was so long without a bishop when His Grace, Job was transfered to Chicago.  Even in my secular job its the same thing...no enough manpower.  Pray the Lord of the Harvest to send worthy laborers into the fields.

Mexican
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 09:20:07 PM »

I have a question, not about Bishop Nikon but about the Alaskan Diocese? Do you know what happened to Bishop Innocent of Alaska? He had been eleceted and then they did not install him, it was strange wasn't it?
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 11:07:33 PM »

I have a question, not about Bishop Nikon but about the Alaskan Diocese? Do you know what happened to Bishop Innocent of Alaska? He had been eleceted and then they did not install him, it was strange wasn't it?

It's better that we do not discuss Bp Innocent in public.  There are two very different sides to the story, and all of it is filled with gossip and innuendo. Let's just pray for his soul as he reposed shortly after being suspended.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Tags: Albanian Orthodoxy 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: