Author Topic: The problem of self righteousness  (Read 654 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
The problem of self righteousness
« on: June 12, 2018, 11:44:01 PM »
I am worried I am supporting self righteous people and their agenda or they don’t know it can destroy people. If they don’t know God hopefully won’t let it or will warn people and they will be forgiven by others or if they truly repent they can be forgiven by God and maybe others.

Have you ever thought about what self righteous means. It is thinking you are righteous in yourself and not by God which is proven by pride and despise to sinners.

It is very cruel to people causing some to despair and not repent and I am worried but I hope not it can cause though hopefully not make others take their life. They are responsible still for themselves and God will forgive the self righteous if they repent. And if they repent God will decide if those who took their life deserve forgiveness for He may warn them or He may be offended from their lack of love to the self righteous and not wanting to give them a chance to repent

It is better they hear from me than from  God depart from Me you worker of iniquity I know you not

Now I feel I am going to hell for supporting them

I don’t love the self righteous more and I don’t think they are better the only one who deserves my praise is the Virgin Mary which never harms others and she is not proud she is full of grace. It was wrong of me to support the self righteous as I am the worst sinner I do not think others unworthy of me. I will marry only someone who loves me and sometimes the sinner loves more than the self righteous

Self righteous have no usefulness to the world. Jesus said if the salt has lost its flavour it is useless. Have salt in yourselves and have peace with one another

The sinner should be aware that He is loved by God and not less valuable or more sinful but unfortunately I am not sure all will be convinced.

The self righteous person is a sinner I don’t mean other people should be harsh on the person and not excuse them from delaying change  for that may stop them from charge. They have to bear the burden of their sin if they do not change to have less reward and if not change no salvation.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 11:55:06 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Re: The problem of self righteousness
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 02:15:26 AM »
I guess I'm confused as to who you're talking about and how you think that you're "supporting" them? We can talk about in PM if you don't want it to be public.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 08:13:38 AM »
Basically I am a friend with a girl on Facebook who is a good girl I don't deserve as friend but I think she is self righteous though humble in other regards. I apologise if I hurt feelings but I feel it is necessary as it may affect others and if it does not I want to know if praising her above others because she is still very friendly and kind to her friends and shares her heart which I admire but I want to know if that can lead me to hell because it seems to be she is judgemental to certain people for their sins. And if I praise her for this it means I support self righteousness and I praise it as the correct way losing many people by giving the impression I despise them and think less of them when I am not even righteous or worthy.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:15:39 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 06:04:38 PM »
If you think it's wrong behavior, don't give her likes. Maybe talk to her in private about it. I don't think God expects anything more of you than that. He's not going to send you to Hell for being confused about something.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 04:44:08 AM »
He may not send me to hell but others. I’m sorry I condemned her. It is a weakness and not having a pure heart. If I had a pure heart I could correct her but now it seems I have caused hurt to her by judging but I am afraid to ask. The only one with a right to judge is God and her family. I just couldn’t handle feeling guilt of making others think they are not worthy of me or God.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:46:38 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 09:50:24 AM »
Sounds like the spirit of the antichrist has entered the world and maybe affected the church to fight people who speak the truth and make them seem judgemental. I think you should maybe be quiet but not persecute those who speak the truth though they should not sometimes perhaps.

The Antichrist will sway many people to his side. This fact is undeniable based on the descriptions of the Antichrist throughout the Bible. He will be admired, and the odds are good he will be a smooth talker who will win people over through his ability to speak “great things.” Those who follow the Antichrist will become zealous and follow him unquestioningly. They will revile and persecute those who are leery of the Antichrist or disavow him

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/christianity/galleries/4-signs-of-the-antichrist.aspx?p=2#6t5ujP0U8pQ8mWxH.99