Author Topic: Transgender people encouraged to become priests in Church of England  (Read 452 times)

Offline Isaiah53IsMessiah

• Faith: Sympathetic to Othodoxy
  • Jurisdiction: Latin Church
Transgender people are being encouraged to become Church of England vicars as bishops launch a diversity drive.

Bishops in the diocese of Lichfield have issued new guidance to parishioners and clergy reminding them that LGBT people "can be called to roles of leadership and service in the local church".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/26/transgender-people-encouraged-become-priests-church-england/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:56:32 AM by Isaiah53IsMessiah »
"God can be proved in five ways." - St. Thomas Aquinas

Offline recent convert

• Orthodox Chrisitan
  • Archon
  • St.David of Wales pray for us
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch
No males need apply
Antiochian OC NA

Beware the wrath of the guardians of "love."

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
Maybe Britian would do better under Sharia law after all.

Offline Isaiah53IsMessiah

• Faith: Sympathetic to Othodoxy
  • Jurisdiction: Latin Church
Maybe Britian would do better under Sharia law after all.

Prince Mohammed Abdul ibn Harry ibn Charles, Duke of Sussex!
"God can be proved in five ways." - St. Thomas Aquinas

Offline Sharbel

• Glory to God in all things!
  • High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Metropolis of Denver
I'd pick up popcorn for a good laugh, but it's about a Christian body.  So it cannot but be the work of the enemy of human nature, whose superior intelligence excludes his motives being for a good laugh, as he's been saving laughs for the Day of Judgement.

Lord, have mercy.
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline LivenotoneviL

• A Hopeful Sinner
  • OC.net guru
  • Saint Dmitri of Rostov, Pray For Us!
  • Faith: Outside the Church
  • Jurisdiction: None
My deepest sympathies for the Continuing Anglicans. You think the Sedevacantists have it bad? Look at the Continuing Anglicans.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 07:18:17 PM by LivenotoneviL »
"Miri it is while sumer ilast with fugheles song, oc nu
neheth windes blast and weder strong. ei ei what this
niht is long. and ich with wel michel wrong, soregh and
murn and fast."

May God one day unite me with the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
My deepest sympathies for the Continuing Anglicans. You think the Sedevacantists have it bad? Look at the Continuing Anglicans.
It's far less bad, at least Continuing Anglicans don't have to make up weird theories on why they split from the main communion or are just ignoring the mainstream hierarchy. Anglicanism from the very beginning doesn't presuppose unity around Canterbury for rule of faith, AFAIK.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 07:58:51 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
Yeah, the Continuing Anglicans at this point are much stabler and more viable than the sedevacantists can hope to be. The ones whose sense of security I really wonder about are those Orthodox who feel the need to post threads on the latest silly thing they heard the Anglicans were doing.
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

If you would like a private forum for non-polemical topics, comment here.

Offline BrotherInChrist

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Church
I'd pick up popcorn for a good laugh, but it's about a Christian body.  So it cannot but be the work of the enemy of human nature, whose superior intelligence excludes his motives being for a good laugh, as he's been saving laughs for the Day of Judgement.

Lord, have mercy.

I agree.