Author Topic: Irish Times exit poll projects Ireland has voted by landslide to repeal 8th Amd  (Read 902 times)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
  • Faith: GOAA
  • Jurisdiction: Antonis said I'm not Christian, so...
My only weakness is, well, never mind

And you'll sleep, but they'll find you

Come back my dream into my arms, into my arms

London is drowning, and I live by the river

https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Lord, have mercy. They actually repealed its constitutionality, they'll still vote on legalisation.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline Sharbel

• Glory to God in all things!
  • High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Metropolis of Denver
Lord, have mercy!
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline HaydenTE

• OC.net guru
  • Always honest, occasionally correct.
  • Faith: Biding my time as a Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Till Spirit moves me to be a Catechumen
Lord, have mercy!
"For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" - Mark 8:36 (DRA)

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
    • USCJ
  • Faith: Jewish(Conservative)
BBC saying the same thing:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44241521
"Irish abortion referendum: Exit polls suggest landslide for repeal..."
Proverbs 22:7

Offline Hawkeye

• Διονύσιος ὁ Άλιεύς Ἰχθύων
  • OC.net guru
  • Matthew 27:52-53
  • Faith: Like unto Neronov
  • Jurisdiction: Old Rite, Chapelist ("Double-Crossers")
Mercy and justice, O Lord.
"Take heed, you who listen to me: Our misfortune is inevitable, we cannot escape it. If God allows scandals, it is that the elect shall be revealed. Let them be burned, let them be purified, let them who have been tried be made manifest among you."   - The Life of the Archpriest Avvakum by Himself

Offline Isaiah53IsMessiah

• Faith: Sympathetic to Othodoxy
  • Jurisdiction: Latin Church
Ireland is done. The great apostasy that St. Paul prophesied about is coming to light.
"God can be proved in five ways." - St. Thomas Aquinas

Offline Sharbel

• High Elder
Ireland is done. The great apostasy that St. Paul prophesied about is coming to light.
Because of the apostasy by half of the adults in a land with less than 5 million people?  If that prophecy could pass on the apostasy by a nation of over 200 million people, the US in 1973, methinks that it can pass on this apostasy too.

Lord, have mercy.
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Rubricnigel

• Vini vidi vici
  • Jurisdiction: Chicago
How many years of degenerate propaganda does it take to transform a society into wanting to kill their own babies?

We know it was less than 75 years in America.
Less than 20 for gay marriage.
Less than 10 for trans rights,genderless,etc.
Wonder how long for the pedophilia, incest, beastiality, normalization?

Lord have mercy on us sinners.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
Centuries ago St. Patrick drove the serpents out of Ireland. Today the pro-aborts have driven out unborn babies. "Lord have mercy." +++

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Centuries ago St. Patrick drove the serpents out of Ireland. Today the pro-aborts have driven out unborn babies. "Lord have mercy." +++

Selam

Proud of yourself for that one?

It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
  • St. Joseph of Petrograd pray to God for us!
  • Faith: Genuine Orthodox Church
  • Jurisdiction: Inquiring
Funny to think Ireland used to be one of the most devoted and loyal countries to the Vatican, you'd never believe it now.

Lord have mercy.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 11:36:11 PM by Jackson02 »
IC XC
NI KA

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
  • St. Joseph of Petrograd pray to God for us!
  • Faith: Genuine Orthodox Church
  • Jurisdiction: Inquiring
I'd like to add: how were the parents of this generation not able to instill moral values into their kids? I get it with the Baby boomers, but not in this situation.
IC XC
NI KA

Offline recent convert

• Orthodox Chrisitan
  • Archon
  • St.David of Wales pray for us
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch
It seems that a case of tragic malpractice was hijacked by the pro abortion movement  to influence this outcome .  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Savita_Halappanavar
Antiochian OC NA

Beware the wrath of the guardians of "love."

Offline recent convert

• Orthodox Chrisitan
  • Archon
There was international influence behind this also and the hashtag, Twitter tweeters fell right in place.http://rajeev.in/news/human_rights_violation/times_of_india.html

Outrage from lands where female infanticide reigns and this is a victory for women? http://www.downtoearth.org.in/news/india-witnesses-one-of-the-highest-female-infanticide-incidents-in-the-world-54803

Antiochian OC NA

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
I'd like to add: how were the parents of this generation not able to instill moral values into their kids? I get it with the Baby boomers, but not in this situation.

Probably because since WWII the Irish Catholic Church has managed to be even more of a garbage fire than the rest of Catholicism.
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
It seems that a case of tragic malpractice was hijacked by the pro abortion movement  to influence this outcome .  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Savita_Halappanavar

Do not forget the century of things like the Magdalen Laundries, and the  babies of Tuam and other places.

The Church has done great harm to itself as a bastion of good moral judgement in Ireland.

All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

• Merarches
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
The Catholic Church gutted its own authority by sanctioning slavery, sexual abuse, and infanticide in their Magdalene Asylums, and still refusing to take responsibility to this day. They had tremendous authority and squandered it in the worst way. If they had been half the bulwark of morality they pretend to be, people would have listened.
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

If you would like a private forum for non-polemical topics, comment here.

• Merarches
The Catholic Church gutted its own authority by sanctioning slavery, sexual abuse, and infanticide in their Magdalene Asylums, and still refusing to take responsibility to this day. They had tremendous authority and squandered it in the worst way. If they had been half the bulwark of morality they pretend to be, people would have listened.

True. But we Orthodox are not exactly pure in this regard either.

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline recent convert

• Orthodox Chrisitan
  • Archon
To post #16 ( I have trouble with quotes function on my iPhone)

I The Magdalene laundries issue seems distorted. Here is a Catholic counterpoint:
 https://www.catholicleague.org/myths-of-the-magdalene-laundries/
Antiochian OC NA

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
To post #16 ( I have trouble with quotes function on my iPhone)

I The Magdalene laundries issue seems distorted. Here is a Catholic counterpoint:
 https://www.catholicleague.org/myths-of-the-magdalene-laundries/

Bill Donahue is a reflexive denier of Catholic clergy abuse. He argues elsewhere that cases of priests raping boys were consensual.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:56:12 PM by Iconodule »
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

Offline LivenotoneviL

• A Hopeful Sinner
  • OC.net guru
  • Saint John Maximovitch, pray for us!
  • Faith: Outside the Church
  • Jurisdiction: None

I also think it has to do with malpractice by specific Catholic orphanages.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/order-nuns-dumped-up-800-9979348.amp
"I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the Threeness,
Through confession of the Oneness
of the Creator of creation."
-Saint Patrick's Breastplate

May God one day unite me with the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church.

Offline recent convert

• Orthodox Chrisitan
  • Archon
The testimonials of Chapter 19 of the government inquiry of the Macaleese report seem to counter the claims of widespread physical  and sexual abuse: http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/2013Magdalen-P%20IV%20Chapter%2019%20Conditions%20(PDF%20-%20353KB).pdf/Files/2013Magdalen-P%20IV%20Chapter%2019%20Conditions%20(PDF%20-%20353KB).pdf
Antiochian OC NA

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
If you rely on the McAleese report you’re essentially burying your head in the sand. Just last year the Tuam mass grave story broke out.
- Berdyaev

Offline recent convert

• Orthodox Chrisitan
  • Archon
If you rely on the McAleese report you’re essentially burying your head in the sand. Just last year the Tuam mass grave story broke out.

Will have to further inquire....

Antiochian OC NA

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
This unfortunately makes a lot of sense...
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline Sharbel

• High Elder
The problem with the Catholic Church in Ireland was not its many failures to live up to the Gospel, but having doubled down in its sins by aiding, abetting and covering up for the sinners.  There is no hell deep enough for such a degree of sordid pusillanimity at the detriment of Evangelization.  And then people wonder why priestly vocations and church attendance are so low...
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Rubricnigel

• Vini vidi vici
  • Jurisdiction: Chicago

Mainstream media. Movies, tv, Internet, pop culture, sports, all have a common thread pushing the ever widening scope of liberalism. Abortion movement, Gay movement, trans movement, etc arent something that simply unfolds its something thats carefully orchestrated over years.
Joseph goerbbels said it best, "If you tell a lie often enough, eventually people will regard it as truth". Its the same thing for subverting our society by bombarding it with propaganda.

They did it in America, by destroying the ethnic neighborhoods and separating people from the closeness that they had. Once in the suburbs, mixed together the cohesive structure waned, and made it easier to use propaganda. You saw this in big cities where they broke up catholic neighborhoods and spread them out to the burbs.

Divide and conquer, create divisions and offer a solution to the madness you've caused. The same play is used over and over its amazing people havent caught on
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:05:30 PM by Rubricnigel »

Offline BrotherInChrist

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Church
Wow, I'm surprised that this happened in Ireland, which I've always perceived as being a very devoutly Catholic nation.

Offline HaydenTE

• OC.net guru
  • Always honest, occasionally correct.
  • Faith: Biding my time as a Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Till Spirit moves me to be a Catechumen
Wow, I'm surprised that this happened in Ireland, which I've always perceived as being a very devoutly Catholic nation.

Catholic, yes. Devout, no. They’re only Catholic to spite the English.
"For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" - Mark 8:36 (DRA)