Author Topic: Churches attacked several killed many wounded  (Read 256 times)

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
Churches attacked several killed many wounded
« on: May 22, 2018, 11:14:53 AM »

Surabaya bombings: Neighbours say family responsible seemed like 'ordinary' people
By Indonesia correspondent David Lipson
The family that carried out three church bombings in Indonesia's second-biggest city on Sunday were just "ordinary" people, according to their neighbours.

Key points:

Six people from one family responsible for attacks
At least 14 killed and dozens injured
Joko Widodo describes attacks as "barbaric and inhumane"
Six people from the one family, including an eight-year-old girl, blew themselves up in coordinated suicide attacks, which left 14 dead and dozens more injured.

Their father, 46-year-old Dita Oepriarto, dropped his wife, 42-year-old Puji Kuswati, and two girls aged 12 and 8 to one church, before driving a car packed with explosives to another, and blowing it up.

VIDEO: At least 13 people were killed and dozens injured in what police say is one of the worst attacks on the Christian minority. (ABC News)
At another church across town, the couple's two sons, aged 17 and 15, rode an explosive-laden motor scooter into a crowd and set it off.

The neighbours of the family are in shock at the news Oepriarto, Kuswati, and their four children carried out the attack, saying there were no warning signs of what they were about to do.

Mr Dita was kind. Familiar to his neighbours. Socially active. An ordinary person living in a normal neighbourhood," neighbour Binawan Widiarto told the ABC.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-14/indonesia-church-attacks-joko-widodo-orders-investigation/9757512

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Re: Churches attacked several killed many wounded
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 11:16:58 AM »
Lord have mercy.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 11:28:32 AM »
Yes ~ Lord have mercy ```

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • Archon
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 09:10:56 AM »
Kyrie eleison
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 09:15:07 AM »
Unfortunately with the defeat of IS we'll likely see more murder-suicide stuff like this.
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

If you would like a private forum for non-polemical topics, comment here.