Author Topic: One door opens to heal schim in Malankara.  (Read 619 times)

Offline dhinuus

• High Elder
One door opens to heal schim in Malankara.
« on: May 20, 2018, 06:39:48 PM »
The Patriarch of Antioch and all the East, H.H Ignatius Aphrem IInd is visiting India for 5 days from May 22 to May 26. There are newspaper reports that the Patriarch has written a letter to H.H Baselios Mar Thoma Paulose IInd  Catholicose of the East and head of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church inviting him for discussions.

Here are the relevant portions of the news article..
According to highly placed sources, the Patriarch has written to the Catholicos explicitly inviting him for a meeting to initiate dialogue and reconciliation. In his letter dated May 17, addressing the Catholicos “His Holiness” (usually the Catholicos is addressed to as His Beatitude) he says: “We are always in the path of peace and reconciliation in a dignified manner which is agreeable to both the sides for a better witness together as a church and to end all disputes and litigation once and for all. Our doors are open for discussions.”

In his letter to the Catholicos, the Patriarch has expressed his willingness to meet him either in Kerala or in New Delhi.

The full news article can be read at:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/kerala/patriarch-invites-catholicosfor-talks-during-india-visit/article23937639.ece
NULL

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Re: One door opens to heal schim in Malankara.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 06:45:34 PM »
I hope it bears fruit  :)
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Father Peter

• Archon
    • Coptic Orthodox Church - Patriarchal Diocese
  • Faith: Coptic Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchal Diocese
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 11:41:57 AM »
May this indeed bring about the union of all in love and the grace of God.
My ministry and blog - http://www.stgeorgeministry.com

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 01:16:28 PM »
+1
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline dhinuus

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 11:08:09 AM »
UPDATE

FYI.  The autocephalaus Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church is referred to as the Orthodox faction; and the autonomous Malankara Syraic Orthodox Church under the Patriarch is referred to as the Jacobite faction in this article

NULL

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 02:07:39 PM »
Huh? So their concern is that if they go to a meeting at the Patriarch's behest, it will send the message that he can order them around?
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline dhinuus

• High Elder
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 11:53:24 AM »
Mor Ignatius Aphrem II, Patriarch of Antioch and all the East, Pope Tawadros II, Pope of Alexandria , and Catholicos Aram I of the Great House of Cilicia met in Lebanon and  signed a common official declaration, covering the issues of common interest.

Below is a paragraph from the common official declaration about the schism that exists within the Syriac church in India.

Mar Ignatius Aphrem II, visited India last May, preceded by a frank and written invitation to the Catholicos, Mar Baselios Paulose II, at Kottayam to meet and start a dialogue for reconciliation in a Christian spirit. But his repeated calls to dialogue did not receive any response. On the proposal of His Holiness Archbishop Aram I, we decided to send a letter signed by His Holiness Pope Tawadros II and Catholicos Aram I, in which we invite the two parties of the Syriac Orthodox Church in India to send three representatives of each of them to a meeting hosted by the Coptic Orthodox Church in Cairo, in order to start a serious dialogue leading to reconciliation and overcome differences until peace returns to the church in India.

Lets hope and pray both sides will accept the invitation letter from Pope Tawadros II and Catholicos Aram,  yield better results than the last two invitations from Patriarch Ignatius Aphrem II, one inviting Catholicos Baselios Paulose II to Lebanon and another one offering to meet him in Kottayam.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:58:28 AM by dhinuus »
NULL

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 01:41:17 PM »
What’s the source for the English translation?

Offline dhinuus

• High Elder
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 01:48:14 PM »
What’s the source for the English translation?
Google translate from the Arabic source on the Patriarchate's facebook page. The official English translation hopefully will come out on http://syriacpatriarchate.org/ in a couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:52:18 PM by dhinuus »
NULL

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• A sinful servant of God.
  • High Elder
  • Господи Иисусе Христе, Сыне Божий, помилуй мя
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 02:33:05 PM »
NICE!  :laugh:
"Two Romes fell, a third stands, and there will not be a fourth one."—Philotheus of Pskov