Author Topic: Beyonce Mass  (Read 440 times)

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
Beyonce Mass
« on: May 18, 2018, 04:23:16 PM »
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Re: Beyonce Mass
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 04:42:52 PM »
Just try to avoid the lake of fire, preserved for Becky with the good hair.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:42:59 PM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline BrotherInChrist

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Church
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 05:00:09 PM »
I hate to sound insulting or judgemental, but I'm not that shocked to find that this happened with the Episcopal Church. I mean, Washington National Cathedral has a Darth Vader grotesque, so it doesn't amaze me when Episcopalians show any lack of seriousness towards spirituality or tradition.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 05:01:35 PM »
Just try to avoid the lake of fire, preserved for Becky with the good hair.

LOL!

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Golgotha

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 05:20:38 PM »
Lord, have mercy.

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • OC.net guru
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 11:38:30 AM »
Beyonce has now bought an $850,000 church in New Orleans: https://www.christianpost.com/news/beyonce-buys-850000-church-in-new-orleans-weeks-after-controversial-beyonce-mass-224209/

If she is launching a cult I suppose thats one more awesome gift we can thank the Episcopalians for sharing with us.  They really are the light* of our life, aren’t they?

* A flickering flourescent tube in the loo, at any rate
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Online Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: without works is dead.
  • Jurisdiction: Dark Night of the Soul.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 02:33:32 PM »
Beyonce has now bought an $850,000 church in New Orleans: https://www.christianpost.com/news/beyonce-buys-850000-church-in-new-orleans-weeks-after-controversial-beyonce-mass-224209/

If she is launching a cult I suppose thats one more awesome gift we can thank the Episcopalians for sharing with us.  They really are the light* of our life, aren’t they?

This is the church in question:

The city is full of old buildings like this ready to be repurposed. Better they be turned into condos than fall in on themselves and turn to blight and wasted resources.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

All hail and agree with AGABUS! the God of this website.

Take a breath, read Ecclesiastes 1:9.

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • OC.net guru
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 07:34:56 PM »

The city is full of old buildings like this ready to be repurposed. Better they be turned into condos than fall in on themselves and turn to blight and wasted resources.

I look ar that and wish it had become an Orthodox convent.
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline maneki_neko

• Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolitanate of Singapore and SEA
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 02:22:52 AM »
It's dumb, but I don't see how this is substantially different from what has been happening in certain kinds of mega churches for a while with their "praise and worship" obsession. Around 15 years ago when I was a teen in a southern mega church, they regularly played Lifehouse's "Everything" as part of the opening set (full rock band and stage) and said as long as we sang the song "to Jesus" it was okay.  ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 02:23:09 AM by maneki_neko »
主哀れめよ!

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 03:49:32 AM »
It's dumb, but I don't see how this is substantially different from what has been happening in certain kinds of mega churches for a while with their "praise and worship" obsession. Around 15 years ago when I was a teen in a southern mega church, they regularly played Lifehouse's "Everything" as part of the opening set (full rock band and stage) and said as long as we sang the song "to Jesus" it was okay.  ::) ::) ::)

But was it... A HOLY GHOST HOEDOWN?
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline maneki_neko

• Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolitanate of Singapore and SEA
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 04:05:11 AM »

But was it... A HOLY GHOST HOEDOWN?

Ugh they would have been totally down with that.
主哀れめよ!

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 08:35:39 AM »
That was terrible.

Online juliogb

• High Elder
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 09:35:49 AM »
I mentioned that Beyonce Mass in another post, glad (or not) that became a thread on its own.

For me it was shocking because I didn't know how big was the departure of the episcopal church from sound doctrine and due respect, and also, my contact with anglicanism/episcopalianism is minimal, they dont have a big presence in Brazil, I am not sure about numbers, but I think there are more orthodox than anglicans/episcopalians in Brazil, I could be wrong, but even if I am, I'd say orthodoxy has more converts and better perspectives of growth than anglicans.

Online Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: without works is dead.
  • Jurisdiction: Dark Night of the Soul.
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 09:40:54 AM »

I look ar that and wish it had become an Orthodox convent.

There is one in greater NOLA (I think technically it is on the North Shore), but IIRC they only have two nuns, one of whom is fairly old. There's an attached male monastery as well, but I don't think they're doing much better.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 09:41:22 AM by Agabus »
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

All hail and agree with AGABUS! the God of this website.

Take a breath, read Ecclesiastes 1:9.

Offline coptic orthodox boy

• High Elder
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 09:42:18 AM »
What color were Mary of Nazareth and Mary Magdalene? 

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 02:21:22 PM »

Probably not too far from the average Mizrahi Jew today, maybe a tad darker to account for more intermarriage over the centuries.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 02:28:32 PM by Volnutt »
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Online juliogb

• High Elder
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 07:41:23 AM »

They were probably similar to the people of the Levant today.