Author Topic: Fr. Daniel Findikyan Elected Primate of Eastern Diocese of the Armenian Church  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Aram

• High Elder
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox

Today at the 116th Diocesan Assembly in White Plains, New York, the Eastern Diocese elected Fr. Daniel Findikyan to be diocesan primate, succeeding Abp. Khajag Barsamian, who is retiring.

Fr. Daniel is the former Dean of St. Nersess Armenian Seminary, and is the current Director of the Zohrab Institute in New York City. Fr. Daniel is the first American-born clergyman (and, indeed, the first Western-born) to be elected primate of our diocese, and (if I'm not mistaken) will be the first Western-born bishop in the history of the Armenian Church.

As someone who has known Fr. Daniel for much of my life, this is fantastic news! Axios!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 12:19:27 PM by Aram »

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Axios! Many years!
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
My teacher!  Axios, axios, axios!

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Axios! Axios! Axios!  :) :) :)

This is awesome news!  Truly worthy!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:40:54 PM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
If our OO posteres claim somebody is worthy, there is no doubt! ;)

Axios!
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Ainnir

• Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
If our OO posteres claim somebody is worthy, there is no doubt! ;)

Axios!
+1 
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no clue, so there's that.

Offline CoptoGeek

• of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
  • OC.net guru
Fantastic news! Axios!
"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Diocese of Korsun
O strange Orthodox Church, so poor and weak, with neither the organization nor the culture of the West, staying afloat as if by a miracle in the face of so many trials, tribulations and struggles; a Church of contrasts, both so traditional and so free, so archaic and so alive, so ritualist and so personally involved, a Church where the priceless pearl of the Gospel is assiduously preserved, sometimes under a layer of dust; a Church which in shadows and silence maintains above all the eternal val

Offline Aram

• High Elder

https://armenianchurch.us/2018/05/08/catholicos-of-all-armenians-confirms-election-of-new-primate/

HH Catholicos Karekin II has now validated the election, and this afternoon, the official enthronement service was held at St. Vartan Cathedral. Hayr Soorp is now the Primate of the Eastern Diocese of the Armenian Church of America.

Արժանի է՛/Axios!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:34:52 PM by Aram »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
Was he ordained to the episcopacy so quickly?  Or has he only assumed administrative duties for now?

Offline Brigidsboy

• Section Moderator
  • Elder
  • Faith: Armenian Apostolic
  • Jurisdiction: Holy See of Cilicia
Only administrative authority for now. Presumably he will be ordained a bishop in Etchmiadzin later this year.
"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
oh man!  I was hoping it would be in NY
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
oh man!  I was hoping it would be in NY

Me too!

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • Archon
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Aram

• High Elder
Only administrative authority for now. Presumably he will be ordained a bishop in Etchmiadzin later this year.
Same as Abp. Khajag, who waited about a year, IIRC. Saw some rumblings that Fr. Daniel's consecration might be in July or August, and definitely in Etchmiadzin.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
Just another ordination . . . Looks fake
The Sign and Prayers to the Blessed Virgin Mary

Offline Brigidsboy

• Section Moderator
  • Elder
  • Faith: Armenian Apostolic
  • Jurisdiction: Holy See of Cilicia
Just another ordination . . . Looks fake

Please explain what you mean by this.
"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
I have never tried asking what WPM means by anything.  He is quite random, to put it kindly.

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • Archon
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Video of the enthronement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3SXcDdJ9B8

That is Beautiful!  Thank you! Hi Salpy, how are you doing?
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
Video of the enthronement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3SXcDdJ9B8

That is Beautiful!

Indeed. BTW, I was trying to visit this cathedral when I was in NY, however it was closed then :( It's a pity, as it looks beautiful.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
Երկար կյանք `երկարատեւ եպիսկոպոս ( Long life ~ long as Bishop )
Yerkar kyank’ `yerkaratev yepiskopos