Author Topic: Greek Liturgical Books  (Read 1342 times)

Offline emmanuelmelo

• OC.net
Greek Liturgical Books
« on: October 15, 2005, 04:29:34 PM »
Hello All,

I have been an altar server for the past 10 years at my Greek Orthodox Parish.  Unfortunately, I have not "learned" the Liturgy as well as I want to. 

Are there any books for sale which tell exactly how to serve Pascha, a Bishop's Divine Liturgy, A regular Divine Liturgy, Etc??!?!??!
Many priests really don't take the time to explain the rubrics, so i have to learn them by myself.

NULL

Offline drewmeister2

• Elder
  • Christmas at St Markella's Cathedral, Astoria, NY
Re: Greek Liturgical Books
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 09:54:39 PM »
Well, I did find this in the archives at an Eastern Catholic forum.  It might be of some help: http://www.saintelias.com/DivServices_elia/Servers/Servers1_elia.html .  I'm sorry I could find a Greek Orthodox one, but I hope it helps some :)
Orthodoxia i Thanatos

IC    XC      ...and in ONE HOLY CATHOLIC
    +                   and APOSTOLIC CHURCH...
NI    KA

www.hotca.org | www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Greek Liturgical Books
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 10:28:08 PM »
PM me - I might be able to find a file I have about serving hierarchical divine liturgy, and also (maybe) hierarchical holy week... I'm not sure.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.