Author Topic: Greek Liturgical Books  (Read 1532 times)

Offline emmanuelmelo

• OC.net
Greek Liturgical Books
« on: October 15, 2005, 04:29:34 PM »
Hello All,

I have been an altar server for the past 10 years at my Greek Orthodox Parish.  Unfortunately, I have not "learned" the Liturgy as well as I want to. 

Are there any books for sale which tell exactly how to serve Pascha, a Bishop's Divine Liturgy, A regular Divine Liturgy, Etc??!?!??!
Many priests really don't take the time to explain the rubrics, so i have to learn them by myself.

NULL

Offline drewmeister2

• Elder
  • Christmas at St Markella's Cathedral, Astoria, NY
Re: Greek Liturgical Books
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 09:54:39 PM »
Well, I did find this in the archives at an Eastern Catholic forum.  It might be of some help: http://www.saintelias.com/DivServices_elia/Servers/Servers1_elia.html .  I'm sorry I could find a Greek Orthodox one, but I hope it helps some :)
Orthodoxia i Thanatos

IC    XC      ...and in ONE HOLY CATHOLIC
    +                   and APOSTOLIC CHURCH...
NI    KA

www.hotca.org | www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Greek Liturgical Books
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 10:28:08 PM »
PM me - I might be able to find a file I have about serving hierarchical divine liturgy, and also (maybe) hierarchical holy week... I'm not sure.
"If you are going to serve the Lord, be prepared for times when you will be put to the test. Be sincere and determined. Keep calm when trouble comes. Stay with the Lord; never abandon Him and you will be prosperous at the end of your days. Accept whatever happens to you. Even if you suffer humiliation, be patient. Gold is tested by fire and human character is tested in the furnace of humiliation. Trust the Lord and He will help you. Walk straight in His ways and put your hope in Him. " Sir 2:1-6