Author Topic: The universal witness of christians is that piracy is theft  (Read 11721 times)

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • November is short. Type fast.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Re: The universal witness of christians is that piracy is theft
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2014, 03:35:03 PM »
arachne: good point.
             1.How many grandchildren does she have,
             2. In any case, such royalties are usually assigned to her estate, for the balance of
                 existence, and divided up according to her Will.
but        3. Caution, be careful how you express such an idea - you might get a wand  
                waved at you. :)

:laugh:

She has three children born between 1993-2003 (so old enough for grandchildren). And if she died tomorrow, her books would remain in copyright until 2084, when her youngest would be 81 and would have grandchildren of his own. Perspective.

It's not the unborn great-grandchildren that make someone a rich and famous artist, it's their fan base. I don't find it unreasonable to return a little something to that fan base once the creator has no longer need for it, rather than feeding drones.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2018, 03:34:57 AM »
Following on from this and below thread message

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,60328.msg1444207.html#msg1444207

I believe you should not pirate if you can but it is better than burying your talents because libraries offer the books for free but it is inconvenient to  travel for it
You should buy if you can afford if there is atleast a table of contents
I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to rent electronically since the illegal option is always there
It is forgivable  only if you tried to be honest but can’t see a solution
When you succeed and make money you should  buy all the books you learned anything from
And even if you don’t succeed that which provided much benefit you should buy
always support as much as you can
Always buy a book if the producer hasn’t made much money off it and needs support
It is a sin to pirate when you see you can do without it
They go after the distributer of piracy not the downloader but as they see we want it they should provide legal options.
I thought it important not to bury worldly talents because poor need money or does God provide for them or from Christians who are poor who give tithe if every poor Christian gives tithe will there be no poor ?

That said it is important not to be greedy but just faithful on talents. God comes first and all must be for glory of God and to serve church

You may not have to be faithful on all talents to be saved but for rewards but for some or to be profitable servant. Also spiritual talents can be more fruitful but you must have work also as idle mind is playground of devil

I am going to ask my father of confession how woul 1 minute of repentance have benefited the damned how can you repent in 1 minute if it is possible how difficult is it ? because I heard and know those in hades wish for 1 minute of repentance but they don’t find it

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 03:47:27 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2018, 03:49:13 AM »
But it seems money can help to provide spiritual refuges and material refuges or success in worldly talents just makes the world a better place for everyone
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 03:49:31 AM by mikeforjesus »