Author Topic: Pope and MP/Escalating world tensions  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
Re: Pope and MP/Escalating world tensions
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2018, 01:34:50 PM »
Greetings ~ Please let me apologize ~ to any here ~ who were hurt or angered by my posting ```

Please forgive me ~ if ~ what I said ~ the way ~ I said it ~ or ~ the words I used have hurt you in any way ~ I honestly ~ had no intention to hurt any one on the forum ```

seth

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2018, 06:56:16 AM »
Greetings ~ Please let me apologize ~ to any here ~ who were hurt or angered by my posting ```

Please forgive me ~ if ~ what I said ~ the way ~ I said it ~ or ~ the words I used have hurt you in any way ~ I honestly ~ had no intention to hurt any one on the forum ```

seth

Desist from using “~” and all your sins, past and future, shall be forgiven.

Signed, Pope Iconodule I
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

If you would like a private forum for non-polemical topics, comment here.

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2018, 01:57:32 PM »
Here Is ~ what ~ I found today:

04/15/2018, 12.24RUSSIA-VATICAN     
Pope Francis, Kirill and Patriarchs united for peace in Syria

Vladimir Rozanskij
The Patriarch of Moscow had a long phone call with the Pontiff, following the missile attacks by the US, France and Great Britain. The dialogue was attended to Bartholomew of Constantinople, Theophilus of Jerusalem, Theodore of Alexandria and John of Antioch. Contacts with the press, to communicate the initiatives of the Church leaders.

Moscow (AsiaNews) - The Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia Kirill (Gundjaev) and the Pope of Rome Francis have held a lengthy discussion by telephone following the missile attack by USA, France and Great Britain against the supposed Syrian chemical weapons bases. Kirill himself informed the journalists at his residence in Peredelkino, on the outskirts of Moscow.

"We took this initiative, knowing that Christians cannot remain indifferent to what is happening in Syria," the patriarch said yesterday in the late afternoon. "It was a very meaningful dialogue in favor of peace. We shared the common concern about the situation in Syria, and we talked about how Christians should influence this situation, to stop violence, war and so many tragic victims as we have seen in these days".

The head of the Russian Orthodox pointed out that the meeting took place on the initiative of the Patriarchate. The other patriarchs of the Middle East took part in the dialogue: Bartholomew of Constantinople, Theophilus of Jerusalem, Theodore of Alexandria and John of Antioch. "Each of them has expressed a willingness to continue consultations, to find a way to stop the bloodshed," added Kirill; "It is quite clear that people are suffering in Syria. And the message of the Church to the world is always linked to the proclamation of peace between men and justice on earth. We cannot be silent when things like those of these days are taking place in Syria ".
read more:
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Pope-Francis,-Kirill-and-Patriarchs-united-for-peace-in-Syria-43623.html

Modified according to the forum rules (the quotes should be put in quotations and they cannot relate the whole article)
Dominika, Global Moderator
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 02:41:55 PM by Dominika »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2018, 03:02:39 PM »

seth

Thank you.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.

Offline Sharbel

• Glory to God in all things!
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Greek
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2018, 11:29:17 PM »
Hardly a credible source:  RT is just the propaganda mouthpiece of the Russian government.
Like the BBC? :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:37:08 PM by Sharbel »
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Sharbel

• Glory to God in all things!
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Greek
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2018, 11:32:48 PM »
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:36:51 PM by Sharbel »
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline juliogb

• High Elder
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2018, 07:06:50 AM »
Every media outlet is basically a propaganda mouthpiece for someone actually.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2018, 03:46:57 PM »
Yes, but Iconodule's entire point is that some sources are a bit more propagandistic than others. It's up to the reader to be discerning, but some places are little worth bothering with.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:47:43 PM by Volnutt »
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2018, 03:57:23 PM »
As a general rule, I think major news sources are more reliable the further away a given story is from their host government's foreign policy concerns. I am very skeptical about anything the New York Times or RT have to say about Syria but if it's about a municipal election in Nauru it's probably alright.
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

If you would like a private forum for non-polemical topics, comment here.

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2018, 04:01:12 PM »
In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit I forgive your sins. Amen
The Sign and Prayers to the Blessed Virgin Mary

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2018, 04:08:16 PM »
As a general rule, I think major news sources are more reliable the further away a given story is from their host government's foreign policy concerns. I am very skeptical about anything the New York Times or RT have to say about Syria but if it's about a municipal election in Nauru it's probably alright.

Makes sense.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.