Author Topic: Who is the one who knows God?  (Read 282 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Who is the one who knows God?
« on: April 17, 2018, 07:25:58 AM »
To know God is to read His word and know what He wants. He will want obedience and then to go from fear which is slavery to love only when you keep the commandments easily when you have finally developed a relationship while in your sin reverently and increased in His knowledge, truth and love
In the communion God makes His sacrifice present personally to us.. because without knowing His love we can not abide in Him.

To say I can talk to God without reverence as the sinner that I am may be characteristic of those who do not know God. So He will say I never knew you.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:29:06 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: Who is the one who knows God?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 08:05:55 AM »
Faith without works is dead right?

Those who believe in the church believe in christ. Those who do not believe in the church do not believe in Christ so how will they do works?  But not only those who believe in the church believe in Christ for some may have never been called to the church and so their faith is in Christ and will hopefully work. Faith is not a one time thing but it must be made alive so that it works.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:07:08 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 03:27:16 PM »
Just like faith is a process, knowledge of God is a process. And I don't think it has an exact "start" point.

Someone outside of Orthodoxy might already be drawn by the grace of God and be able to relate to Him in some dimly understood, imperfect way, and this will hopefully "culminate" in them finding the Church and knowing God in a fuller sense. He came to save all and pours His grace out upon everyone to differing degrees.
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 08:29:33 PM »
Just like faith is a process, knowledge of God is a process. And I don't think it has an exact "start" point.

Someone outside of Orthodoxy might already be drawn by the grace of God and be able to relate to Him in some dimly understood, imperfect way, and this will hopefully "culminate" in them finding the Church and knowing God in a fuller sense. He came to save all and pours His grace out upon everyone to differing degrees.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 01:41:25 AM »
Mike, did you delete me from Facebook?
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 07:42:58 AM »
No I have sent you a PM