Author Topic: I was on catholic answers forum but may regret it  (Read 3718 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: I was on catholic answers forum but may regret it
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2018, 07:27:08 PM »
I want to talk more but I made a decision to never post if I have any feeling inside that it could lead to something negative. It seems I have to go to work and can't tell the world all that I think may help them. Because though I may help some I could not help others but I sometimes think the some are worth it but it is not right it seems.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:38:36 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2018, 07:41:13 PM »
Its not that I think what I say is bad but I think the pride of having knowledge can turn people off if I care more to show my knowledge which may not be necessary than people feeling. I am not saying we should never speak the truth if it offends but I think some words can be kept private so as not to offend but that may be one of my weaknesses that I am silent too much when I should speak and talk when I should be silent.
As Paul says knowledge puffs up but love edifies.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:44:29 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2018, 02:54:37 AM »
Its not that I think what I say is bad but I think the pride of having knowledge can turn people off if I care more to show my knowledge which may not be necessary than people feeling. I am not saying we should never speak the truth if it offends but I think some words can be kept private so as not to offend but that may be one of my weaknesses that I am silent too much when I should speak and talk when I should be silent.

Everybody looks like (and most are) a narcissist on the internet, it's the nature of the medium. Compared to a strutting pseudointellectual like me and a lot of others on here, you come off as a breath of fresh air.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2018, 06:22:16 PM »

Everybody looks like (and most are) a narcissist on the internet, it's the nature of the medium. Compared to a strutting pseudointellectual like me and a lot of others on here, you come off as a breath of fresh air.

Thanks so much. That was my aim to watch myself lest I be hated. Still others could seem bad outwardly but are not or if they are still their heart is good and choosing repentance and making progress while I am not making progress

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2018, 06:38:03 PM »

Thanks so much. That was my aim to watch myself lest I be hated. Still others could seem bad outwardly but are not or if they are still their heart is good and choosing repentance and making progress while I am not making progress

Fr. Stephen Freeman has done some very interesting blog posts on the difficulties inherent in a narrative of "moral progress."

https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory2godforallthings/2014/12/05/youre-not-better/
https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory2godforallthings/2014/12/17/un-moral-christian/
https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory2godforallthings/2014/12/08/sin-not-moral-problem/
https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory2godforallthings/2015/01/31/unmoral-christian-revisited/
https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory2godforallthings/2017/12/18/ill-small-christmas-2/
https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory2godforallthings/2018/02/05/second-thoughts-success/
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2018, 06:40:49 PM »
Thanks. I will look into that.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2018, 04:12:41 AM »

I don't think most look bad though. But occasionally they may do bad things just due to lack of self control but overall they love the Lord.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:13:31 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2018, 05:15:47 AM »
Suicide leads to hell for most cases because people may have no excuse. I prefer to just say suicide leads to hell and not say may have excuse because some may think they have an excuse but others will think I am speaking for God. I hope that person and others can hear the truth before it is too late. I am blocked from reaching out to others and saying the truth on catholic forums. Also I don't think I am equipped to reach out but someone professional should be able to help them out. I guess God makes sure all of those affected have someone who reached out to them already but I can not tell if I am responsible for making their chances less but they may already therefore know right from wrong or enough to be responsible I hope only someone can still reach out to them. Maybe one day more can reach out to them when they are perfectly well and sound mind the professionals I don’t think everyone should. So can we trust professionals to do so to go out and seek them? preferably Christian if the others are foolish or anyone that is not foolish if some Christians are. Or all should leave such people alone and not try to reason with them but say please get help unless they come to the professional.

My sin is not small I have to take responsibility it is equal to a thousand sins I just don't wish to pay for the thousand sins because I don't want to be responsible for people's unhappiness. I know I am forgiven or will be forgiven when I truly repent but I will bear the shame of the sins forever if I cause the suffering especially if such people go to hell I will suffer pain. I am willing to have shame forever in heaven as long as others go to heaven. But they will not go to heaven if they rejected God forgiveness by repenting and doing His will for them.
 For it is true the Lord does not want sinners to experience spiritual death and wrath for He does not willingly inflict wrath but they still experience it and desires not the death of the sinner but rather that he returns and his soul lives. But the Lord is forced to because their sin separates them from God because they refused to be reconciled to God by doing His will. As God says to Ezekiel if I say to the wicked that he will die and you do not warn him that same wicked man will die but his blood I will require at your hand. Therefore warning people helps so that without it some wicked people will die. But no one does not know right from wrong to be excused.

Those in hades wish for 1 moment of repentance and they do not find it. They could have been saved some of them like the people of sodom who would have had more chance to be saved if there were 10 righteous in the city because that is the only chance they deserve because it is safety for the righteous for being righteous and if they are not not righteous and obedient it is a punishment to them that others perish who they could have helped though they are responsible for themselves. Jerusalem was given more chances than they needed for the righteous but for the wicked it is to show they are worse than others.

It is the responsibility of priests who have ability to warn. Others need to speak the truth impersonally but don't need to seek those people.

But as I explained before where Pope Shenouda III said

"We leave the matter concerning the person who committed suicide in God's hands who is the Most Merciful. We should trust that when God judges anyone, He takes into consideration all his circumstances; whether the mental, psychological or nervous. God judges according to His limitless wisdom and knowledge. This is beyond our responsibility as Church."

It is just to mean God will judge the world in righteousness. The church already accepts the insane. Here Pope Shenouda is also saying we can not tell if any one is saved if they had mental psychological or nervous issues. He is saying God judges individually fairly. He is not saying any one could have an excuse but if they do that is only known to God. He judges fairly individually. He discourages it because you may not have an excuse and I think it could be very rare. Even finding someone insane could be rare.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:26:58 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2018, 05:32:38 AM »
Suicide leads to hell for most cases because people have no excuse I hope that person and others can hear the truth before it is too late.

You don't know "most," nobody knows that. You can't just make a clean divide between "insane" and "sane," especially when we live in an insane, oppressive culture full of addictions small and great that's getting worse everyday.

Suicide is bad, no need to go any further. Just try and convince the suicidal that they shouldn't kill themselves, help them find a reason to keep on living. Trying to threaten them with Hell is more likely to just make them abandon Christianity than to actually help them.

Those in hades wish for 1 moment of repentance and they do not find it. They could have been saved some of them like the people of sodom who would have had more chance to be saved if there were 10 righteous in the city because that is the only chance they deserve because it is safety for the righteous for being righteous and if they are not not righteous and obedient it is a punishment to them that others perish who they could have helped though they are responsible for themselves. Jerusalem was given more chances than they needed for the righteous but for the wicked it is to show they are worse than others.

I don't believe that. The love of God doesn't abandon anybody who is truly repentant (as opposed to just selfishly wanting to escape from suffering). Those in Hell aren't saved from it (assuming they aren't) only because they don't want to be.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:34:41 AM by Volnutt »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2018, 05:34:27 AM »
I am willing to have shame forever only according to my sin.. which I think still affects all.. so every shame as long as they repent.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2018, 05:40:44 AM »
Thankyou very much for your care for me. Perhaps God lets people go to hell because they can not endure heaven in their sin and as they have no more chance to correct their sin if it is allowed in heaven it will defile heaven which is a place where righteousness dwells and God only gives one life because it is fair and that is part of His nature and God's nature never changes. It is said it is appointed to men once to die and after that the judgement.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:49:01 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2018, 07:45:52 AM »
Those in hades wish for 1 moment of repentance

By 1 moment I mean another chance a moment where they seek the Lord and He is present to bring the person to realisation of their state and where they offer true repentance. Only the pure in heart shall see God. Some people finally repent in last moment after struggling some or a lot during their life and are given pure heart by God
As Pope Shenouda says if you say I will sin now and repent later you will never repent. Therefore you can't kill yourself and expect to offer true repentance. Some may find the Lord only those who may have excuse but very few

Pope Shenouda III made a video after death there is no more chance.

By the word moment I mean any amount of time necessary to bring repentance or meaningful time.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:54:10 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2018, 03:49:37 PM »
Those in hades wish for 1 moment of repentance

By 1 moment I mean another chance a moment where they seek the Lord and He is present to bring the person to realisation of their state and where they offer true repentance. Only the pure in heart shall see God. Some people finally repent in last moment after struggling some or a lot during their life and are given pure heart by God
As Pope Shenouda says if you say I will sin now and repent later you will never repent. Therefore you can't kill yourself and expect to offer true repentance. Some may find the Lord only those who may have excuse but very few

Pope Shenouda III made a video after death there is no more chance.

By the word moment I mean any amount of time necessary to bring repentance or meaningful time.

I maintain a hope of universalism, even though I admit it doesn't seem likely. But if there really is absolutely no hope for the damned, then I think it's because they don't want a chance to repent and wouldn't take it if offered.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:49:49 PM by Volnutt »

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2018, 05:58:41 PM »
Na that's not the picture I wanted ```

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2018, 05:59:37 PM »
This one isn't bad but still ```

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2018, 06:16:09 PM »
Watch out for that Rock ```

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2018, 03:29:14 AM »
I maintain a hope of universalism, even though I admit it doesn't seem likely. But if there really is absolutely no hope for the damned, then I think it's because they don't want a chance to repent and wouldn't take it if offered.

That maybe true but they still will wish they took it. The rich man wanted eternal life but he would not part with his possesions likewise Felix couldn't let go of his pride and life of luxury. There are levels of judgement the one's you describe are the pharisees who have greater condemnation. I think Felix thought because he is a great person God should respect that and make it easier. I suppose by his delaying he did not and appeared or gave evidence to God that he never really wanted to obey God so he lost his chance. Still God may not desire to give more chances.

Acts 24:25  (NKJV)
25 Now as he reasoned about righteousness, self-control, and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and answered, “Go away for now; when I have a convenient time I will call for you.”

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:34:46 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2018, 09:00:53 PM »
My mistakes will not stop me from saying the truth there is a hell I am sorry for my sin and am willing to pay for my mistake in heaven if I go and they go but that is not going to stop hell from existing and God forgiving me but I may have to really be careful with my actions now so I never lose people who are forgiving me but that does not mean I have to be silent when I have something important to say even if some of what I do may annoy a person a little like sharing a movie making people think what I am sharing is not really a pearl as though I want it to be attacked if I share it so casually. Some may think don’t give the makers of the movie or anything I share a reason to be proud and that they are so good better than others and I may come across as wanting to appear now innocent for sharing even if I am not innocent or repentant yet. I know it is crazy to accept shame in heaven if people have to why go there I suppose I should say to take others shame if God would give them such

I don’t want those affected or any to go to hell but that does not mean it does not exist and God will excuse people from repenting. I don’t like to think it exists which is why I am not careful sometimes.
Also I am not trying to win those affected over because I want no shame from society or for people acceptance as a special person because I preach and their blessings but because I believe I made a serious mistake and now really feel guilty before God being convinced of His truth. I only want God acceptance but I turn to people because I think they may know whether God accepts me or not. If I can have trust in God forgiveness and clearing of guilt from Him alone or accept my guilt I would turn to Him . Maybe in the past I liked the teaching of hell as a method to scare people to be good and that I could use it for my advantage as though it would not be non beneficial to me
But I still believed it but was hoping it does not apply to me. I believe it more now. But I really believe I did wrong and want to help them before it is too late.

I watched this recently all should watch

https://www.christiancinema.com/digital/movie/hell

One thing I learned from it is don't try to lesson the severity of hell to win people over as they said the bible doesn't exactly say what hell is like but that is not a reason to lessen its severity
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:09:57 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2018, 09:15:53 PM »
I think forgiveness means just my sin has already been made possible to forgive and I am forgiven when I truly repent. Or I am not forgiven yet because I have not repented.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:19:45 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2018, 11:30:05 PM »
Greetings Mike ~ Of course god accepts us ~ I haven't read every word in this thread ~ not sure what you feel you've done wrong```

How do you want to help them ~ who are they ~ what did you say that you feel you're in trouble ``` Let me go back and read a wee bit and see what there is to see ```

But if you tell exactly what you said ~ if you don't mind my asking ~ that will help ```

seth

Please excuse the posting of those pictures ~ I though I was posting on a thread that was for that ```
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 11:34:00 PM by Sethrak »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2018, 02:50:39 AM »
I have sent you a PM. But I know I have to live with it forever.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:59:51 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Peter J

• still a CAF poster
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Christian
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2018, 03:52:47 PM »
Don't worry Mike, almost everyone gets kicked off Catholic Answers,  they are control freaks over there.

Last summer they revamped the whole forum ... since then my login doesn't work.
- Peter Jericho

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2018, 05:36:47 AM »
Thankyou Sethrak for your kindness and advice but I think it is best I take responsibility for my actions.

If you read step 5 of ladder of divine ascent on repentance we learn we should not hope in the views of origen which he condemns and he says those who love pleasure would be tempted to do so not to repent.

In this step we learn that some penitents could not bring themselves to seek after heaven but to have lesser punishment in hell if they can’t be spared from future punishment

I may not be able to make it to heaven but I hope I can prevent some people from going there who could or would still listen to God by not making more stumblings and doing good and have less punishment
I still hope I can but only God knows whether there is hope. Because even if I make it to heaven I don't want to have caused others to perish. My only hope of entering heaven without guilt is if God lets everyone know without a doubt where he will go if he does not choose good. There may still be hope for me to enter heaven without guilt or there may not be. As for that suicidal person who made that post  if he is really suicidal he is not guilty for his post because he can not help if he is suicidal but if he is not suicidal but even if he was curious I am more guilty he can still enter heaven easily by apologising and anyway if he decides to repent later he will be able to enter heaven with guilt and maybe without guilt because I believe I am the worst sinner for many reasons which I feel I may have less hope and running out of chances

Just because I want to prevent suicide it does not mean one can go to heaven without repenting but if a person is suicidal he likely suffering much in life already and God may not require much from him and repentance is easy anyway

David said in Psalm 51 deliver me from bloodguiltiness and my mouth shall show forth your praise. Therefore I do not deserve to open my mouth about God’s laws if I feel guilty to some people but there may be need or maybe I should not I do not know 

I seek to live penitent to lessen my punishment if I have guilt on my shoulder and cannot be saved to help those who still have hope to listen to God

‪http://www.prudencetrue.com/images/TheLadderofDivineAscent.pdf‬
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:39:23 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2018, 02:20:44 AM »
I do not condemn myself to hell I still want to enter heaven even if it must be with guilt.  Otherwise perhaps I reject God forgiveness and tell others to reject it. God is calling sinners with genuine repentance to heaven by calling them to take up their cross and bear fruit in their life.
If I want to only accept the righteous God may make me commit much worse sins.
I just don’t know if I will repent because my struggle may have to be very difficult because my sins are great. I hope if I don’t repent and make it to heaven I can still help some others go to heaven
I do not condemn myself but I don’t know what chance I have

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2018, 11:27:26 PM »
Suicide leads to hell if you have no excuse and the church only knows about the insane . I don’t know if God will choose to forgive certain people because God knows if they deserve forgiveness even though one may have made them feel they have even a small chance to be saved but they may not be excused because they may already be convinced of the truth but they want to believe in lies and because they may not really want the truth or they would not seek it which I believe God may ensure they find if they made honest reasonable search. But God may even show them without them seeking to try to stop it. God may require people not to believe in any deception and that is not an excuse. We know only the insane are saved and the insane truly do not mean evil and can not control their actions even if they want to. They were born with less choice than others. Some others who are not insane may have excuse but only God knows they may not.

I don't see how any form of repentance can help me escape hell except the mercy of God.  I think I am willing to live like St Mary of Egypt but I don't see how even any extreme repentance could change anything for God to want to see it to have mercy on me. I am worse than Paul I potentially kill souls he only killed bodies

I feel I deceived them and I am like the devil who deceived them and was cast into the lake of fire where the beast and the false prophet are though I did not mean it I did it unintentionally so the great deceiver who deceived us all is the devil

I only hope God would forgive me for doing it unintentionally but God may have made them know the truth.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 11:37:13 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2018, 12:14:29 AM »
I said if one does not die straightaway and has true repentance he might be saved but that is very rare and later changed it to maybe not possible. But my hypothesising was a sin. I later added but the impression I made could be too late to completely erase by me  that it is necessary to endure to the end to be saved so if someone did not complete all the will of God he can not be saved because I said the way to life is difficult and few find it. If suicide was an action of giving up or rejecting God’s will and accepting to follow Gods path when there is difficulty  it is not acceptable. The test of salvation is to have oil at the time of your death which proves you not only know where to find the narrow way which is the bible but found it by which is meant walking on it and continuing to walk on it through the narrow gate which is opened to you at the time of death if you were still walking on the narrow path and maybe only if you reached the end of the way but if you are still walking on it maybe you reached the end of the way. Many of us know where to find the narrow way which is the bible but we don’t find it by which is meant experiencing and knowing Christ and continuing in it by which is meant walking
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 12:26:00 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2018, 01:17:34 AM »
I apologise if I seem judgemental. We have to trust in God's judgement. I could be wrong and there are some suicides who are saved who may be counted insane but I don't think they fit the definition of insane but they may still be forgiven but I don't know the number it could be very few. I am being safe but we have to trust in God's judgements. But they probably have less reward.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 01:20:41 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2018, 01:37:40 AM »
I apologise if I seem judgemental. We have to trust in God's judgement. I could be wrong and there are some suicides who are saved who may be counted insane but I don't think they fit the definition of insane but they may still be forgiven but I don't know the number it could be very few. I am being safe but we have to trust in God's judgements. But they probably have less reward.

I am not saying there are some definitely saved but we have to trust in God's judgement if there is it could be very few. Also they may not fit the definition of insane.

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
  • If you die before you die, then you will not die
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2018, 01:49:08 AM »
Priority number 1. Is to save yourself.  Forget about everyone else. When you know you are 100% saved vou can preach all you want.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2018, 03:09:02 AM »
Priority number 1. Is to save yourself.  Forget about everyone else. When you know you are 100% saved vou can preach all you want.

Which means never. Because you can never know you are saved.  I guess though you can know you are back on track. Do you mean that? Are you saying if I hurt someone if I can fix it I should not attempt to do so? I already know I will not let anyone stop my own hope of salvation and striving so I don't stand a worse chance if I preach in that regard. 
I don't believe I can be saved while causing people to perish which I seem to still be doing so if I do not fix it. Unless you mean in trying to fix it I am causing more to perish so I won't be saved. But I believe the opposite and feel it is my duty to try to save those who I mislead. But if that is what you mean and can be true. I guess I will stop trying to fix things though it does not look optimistic for those affected by me which I hope is not many in the world though it could be.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 03:09:42 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
  • If you die before you die, then you will not die
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2018, 11:15:16 AM »

Which means never. Because you can never know you are saved.  I guess though you can know you are back on track. Do you mean that? Are you saying if I hurt someone if I can fix it I should not attempt to do so? I already know I will not let anyone stop my own hope of salvation and striving so I don't stand a worse chance if I preach in that regard. 
I don't believe I can be saved while causing people to perish which I seem to still be doing so if I do not fix it. Unless you mean in trying to fix it I am causing more to perish so I won't be saved. But I believe the opposite and feel it is my duty to try to save those who I mislead. But if that is what you mean and can be true. I guess I will stop trying to fix things though it does not look optimistic for those affected by me which I hope is not many in the world though it could be.

If your not sure you are 100% saved. Than why are you concentrating on others peoples sins? Does it make you feel better that you are saved when they are not? Thats kind of fooling yourself no?

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2018, 03:53:14 AM »

Why would I say probably?  This is why I don't want to be part of these forums because I doubt they would delete my post. Is the purpose of these forums to capture souls not just my soul but others? why are they not concerned about the effect of words such as I am and not moderate them? I have to trust you believe it is better not to moderate but I bet you would agree moderation is good but you think you may make a mistake by moderating too much or on some occasions. Now I will take seriously the warning to stay away if you think it is harmful to your salvation. I wish all would know how serious it is before joining forums.  I thought about deleting it as I made it but I did not know so I kept it. I thought saying probably would make people understand I mean they will because I am not speaking just from myself but reason.The fool walks in darkness. I don't know if some actions are ok or not sometimes so I am seeking to be able to discern matters but it is too late to correct yourself on forums. As one famous saying goes words can only be forgiven by God but its consequences not forgotten the original being words can only be forgiven but not forgotten but I adapted it because not all can forgive but God. Anyway I did not say all would be forgiven but I think could be very few but even if more or few are saved they will still have less reward most certainly if they could have overcome temptation but did not. It is not safe to believe this as fact. I can not know as I said they may not or very few.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 04:04:17 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2018, 04:15:10 AM »
From City of God chapter 20

It is significant that in Holy Scripture no passage can be found enjoining or permitting suicide either in order to hasten our entry into immortality or to void or avoid temporal evils. God's command, "thou shalt not kill," is to be taken as forbidding self-destruction, especially as it does not add 'thy neighbor,' as it does when it forbids false witness, 'Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor,' However, no one should think he is guiltless when be bears false witness against himself, since the duty to love one's neighbor is measured by the love of oneself, as it is written, "thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." --. Augustine, City of God,

https://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf102.pdf

Therefore I think not many suicides may be excused especially for those who know better. But all may know better but supposing they may not we can hope perhaps.

For Christ commands us to take our cross and even if we are to suffer death for christ's sake or tribulation in the world to endure to the end.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 04:18:18 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2018, 05:17:59 AM »

If your not sure you are 100% saved. Than why are you concentrating on others peoples sins? Does it make you feel better that you are saved when they are not? Thats kind of fooling yourself no?

I did not know you replied back. I will try to answer this later. I will just say now absolutely not it does not make me feel better.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2018, 05:29:31 AM »
I will delay replying until I really think of this matter as I want a resolution.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:38:38 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2018, 04:22:37 AM »

Why would I say probably?  This is why I don't want to be part of these forums because I doubt they would delete my post. Is the purpose of these forums to capture souls not just my soul but others? why are they not concerned about the effect of words such as I am and not moderate them? I have to trust you believe it is better not to moderate but I bet you would agree moderation is good but you think you may make a mistake by moderating too much or on some occasions. Now I will take seriously the warning to stay away if you think it is harmful to your salvation. I wish all would know how serious it is before joining forums.  I thought about deleting it as I made it but I did not know so I kept it. I thought saying probably would make people understand I mean they will because I am not speaking just from myself but reason.The fool walks in darkness. I don't know if some actions are ok or not sometimes so I am seeking to be able to discern matters but it is too late to correct yourself on forums. As one famous saying goes words can only be forgiven by God but its consequences not forgotten the original being words can only be forgiven but not forgotten but I adapted it because not all can forgive but God. Anyway I did not say all would be forgiven but I think could be very few but even if more or few are saved they will still have less reward most certainly if they could have overcome temptation but did not. It is not safe to believe this as fact. I can not know as I said they may not or very few.

I saw this on facebook and uploaded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2gbI37V_pU

« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 04:27:44 AM by mikeforjesus »