Author Topic: 5 differences between Orthodox Church & Roman Catholic Church  (Read 299 times)

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
Re: 5 differences between Orthodox Church & Roman Catholic Church
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 08:43:44 PM »
The word Catholic = means Universal ```Several chruches were/are the Universal Church ~ differing slightly ~ in language and location ~ and ``` the Christians of Rome were ~ one church/ part of the Universal Church katholikos ```  Taking on the word Catholic/Universal ~ as a church name ~ the church of Rome ~ left ~ divided ~ separated ~ from the churches who are the Universal Church ```

Or ~ how do you see it ```

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 08:52:37 PM »
Yeah, sounds about right.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 09:23:23 PM »
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!

Very nice ```

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 09:29:43 PM »
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!

Very nice ```

The entire Akathist is really good, yeah. :) It was written from a Russian gulag IIRC.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.