Author Topic: Paul said not to be slaves of men. Warning I may seem not to criticise in love  (Read 569 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
But I do.

Jesus said if you are My disciples you will be in bondage to no man.

I am not saying we must not show humility to elders for God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. But that does not mean accept everything they do. Jesus was saying pharisees would continue that is those who are not serving well as priests who say and do not do. They may say the priest is your servant but then later abuse their authority.

I will not accept a truth from the church as certain if it does not satisfy my conscience

Jesus broke the veil of the temple and He took the kingdom from Israel because they were not bringing the fruits of the kingdom. So if we are not reaching people for Christ because the church failed to reach the masses because of sinfulness He doesn’t give us the keys to the kingdom solely anymore
Jesus is the new and living way to come to God and high priest there are obviously priests and bishops who administer the sacraments as Paul calls them to shepherd flock of God
But they are extra guides the priest is not needed anymore to enter past the veil that is to the presence of God for those who go to the priest who condemns him for something he said is wrong but it is right for that person and God wants him to do it but you have to go to the priest first about sins you did to get forgiveness atleast many because some may have never been witnessed to orthodoxy or are in some way excused but to be sure you have to go through priest. The priesthood must remain as it is God will until the flock becomes one and priesthood is not broken anymore always having enough witness and influence in the world

The Pharisees used to load burdens hard to bear but not move them with one of their fingers no priest may be as bad as that now but still not moving much if all they do is condemn but not show repentance is possible

But Jesus is the foundation stone the apostles are so blessed only so far as they have God blessing not men. They remain sole apostles when God sees themselves fit. It is a broken priesthood it is restored in its time as the apostles said would you restore the kingdom to Israel now ? Meaning it would be restored
It is still blessed by God now it was never cursed completely unlike Israel in which Jesus said let not any fruit ever grow on you again
that is because they rejected Christ and was a priesthood without Christ but when they accept Christ it is restored and not cursed anymore as it is not the old priesthood
Jesus said no man come to the Father except by me. Not a priest if he is abusing the commandments can take any one away from Christ you go to them to hear their advice but if they are condemning you when you are following Christ they are not acting according to the Holy Spirit but men
Not Mary gives forgiveness of sins
Only if Mary leads to Christ as a Christian would lead others to Christ on earth angels are ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation so if they can be mary can be too
I thought you can make it to heaven on your own but it is more difficult for sinners without the assistance of the saints just as we benefit from the righteous peoples prayers on earth like Elijah. Some are not strong enough to repent but get extra strength from the saint but not more than is right to give them. By loving them only are they made deserving to get extra help though no one deserves and God allows it so we can love them and honor them as saints otherwise we would all be proud and independent of each other

I take the priest as the only one who are chosen to have ability to discern if I need to repent of something but if there are none available God will guide me
But if I was able to know by myself and I repent I believe God will forgive me
I believe God chose people as bishops as Paul said whoever desires work of bishop desires a good work
No one receives this honor upon himself as Hebrews says as the apostles had to choose good men to serve as deacons not everyone could choose to be

If I am not welcome in the church with my beliefs that other Christians can be saved I could become Protestant but I won’t choose to leave the church only if they kick me out. If they are judging me that I can not be saved if I hold that.
I think I could be wrong and we need the priesthood to administer the sacraments but I think we may all be ministers of Christ and I will not judge people who don’t believe one must partake of the Lords supper to abide in Christ and be saved if they truly believe that .
I still wish to be part of the church and take communion incase grace will be given to me change my mind but if they forbid me from having communion while having those views
I have to choose the love of God than men. Only the Pharisees ever excommunicated people. When Paul did it was done in love because they we’re able to discern they did wrong they were never excommunicated because of their conscience.
So I will preach I think you can be saved but I am willing to learn better that the church is perfect

If Jesus or Paul gives me the communion in a vision I have the proper authority.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 12:57:06 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
I judge those who leave the church if the church did not kick them out unless they deserve it.
The church should leave judgement to God for those who are sincere

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
If any one could teach people are not obliged to listen but I think God made laying on of hands  for people not to be allowed to tell others not to preach. And I think apostolic succession is valid but I think as with my points above

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
The above was pasted from an old note. My newer note clarified my thoughts more and is below.

Not Mary gives forgiveness of sins
Only if Mary leads to Christ as a Christian would lead others to Christ on earth angels are ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation (foreknown though that is the way they get to heaven by ministers )so if they can be mary can be too. Through the saint they will feed you the Christ you failed to get on your own though you could
I thought you can make it to heaven on your own but it is more difficult for sinners without the assistance of the saints just as we benefit from the righteous peoples prayers on earth like Elijah. Some are not strong enough to repent but get extra strength from the saint but not more than is right to give them. By loving them only are they made deserving to get extra  help though no one deserves and God allows it so we can love them and honor them as saints otherwise we would all be proud and independent of each other

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 06:48:38 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
I had a question but I think I will spread more confusion and should ask my father of confession.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:12:26 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
I think it is relevant so I will keep it here and see who can answer it

Let me ask you why was it written by the prophet Jeremiah in the new covenant no more shall they teach one another for all shall know Me from the least to the greatest.

Does God not teach us right from wrong? God is able to teach all of us. For it is written he who is least in the kingdom is greater than john the baptist. For he is under the old. And of His fullness we have all received and grace for grace.
The priest does not know better because he is a priest but because he spends more time with the Lord. 

But it is written trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.  Also we ask from the Lord our daily bread not from man. If you are depending on finding the right sermon are you not not trusting in the Lord with a bit of your heart?

Actually I believe the answer is that the priest has the ability to help you more as gift is given to him by laying on of hands but is not absolutely necessary except for absolution maybe but you are absolved even if he won't absolve you when you are innocent.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
David the prophet says it is God who makes my way perfect in this verse of psalm 18. I think I remember pope shenouda saying st Anthony had no spiritual father so we have no excuse.
When there is no guide you will lack nothing without a guide but otherwise I think maybe you don’t need a guide but it will be more difficult or very difficult

Psalm ‪18:32‬ It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
I believe in the priesthood and apostolic succession. But that does not mean I think no one is excused if he is out of the church and if they are not excused it is for God alone to judge them. You can leave your opinion available for all to seek. You can defend your faith to those who ask but not go about telling people they are condemned if they do not follow you. Jesus said Judge not that you be not judged for we may have plank in our eye if we are giving instruction to those who don’t want it. I am willing to hear orthodox belief but I do not think I will be persuaded that we know the fate of those outside the church and God is able to lead them to the church if they must if we just make our opinions available without forcing it unwanted. For myself I believe I need the priest to administer the communion but I do not judge those outside. God is able to lead them to the church if they must. We should perhaps only say we believe our church is the only way but it is only for God to judge.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/answers-disagreements-coptic-orthodox-church-coptic-orthodox-church/

1 Timothy 3:13 (NKJV)
13 For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Protestants don’t have deacons and their similar alternative have no blessing from the priest. Like the deacon the priest also who serve well will have a divine blessing and gift to the world
The below is from the book timeless truth by george bassilios and is the orthodox position

https://blog12781113175.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/what-will-happen-to-those-who-never-heard-of-christ.pdf
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 05:26:37 AM by mikeforjesus »