Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 757 times)

Offline Al Masihi

• Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch
Help needed
« on: March 16, 2018, 10:41:01 AM »

Offline LivenotoneviL

• A Hopeful Sinner
  • OC.net guru
  • Saint Patrick, Pray For Us!
  • Faith: Outside the Church
  • Jurisdiction: None
Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 11:30:59 AM »
Well, I can give you only some preliminary opinions on this...

The first of which is that the Muslim apologetics in this article first hold a false premise in believing - perhaps like Shiite Muslims in how the Quran is viewed - that the Bible for Christians is THE final source of all authority ALONE; it is the SOLE fountain of which ANY authority derives itself. This is a false idea which the Orthodox Church rejects.

We hold that that the New Testament is a product OF the Church, which is THE FINAL AUTHORITY. When Christ came, and he had the Apostles establish communities throughout the world, He created a Church - a visible, organized structure which continues to this day in the form of the Orthodox Church (Matthew 16:18, Matthew 28:20). History shows this with not only that the Orthodox Church maintains Churches which are continuous unto the Apostles themselves (Peter, Mark, James, and Andrew), but also shows that the Orthodox Church has preserved the Beliefs and Traditions moreso than the Roman Catholic Church and other bodies (particular churches which claim their own authority from the canon of the Bible).

Unlike the Muslims who hold the Quran to be revealed in a dream, the New Testament Gospels and Epistles comes to us from early witnesses who knew Jesus Himself, and were passed down in copies. This is more verifiable than a guy who claims to have an entire new text revealed to him in a dream. We acknowledge that the New Testament canon wasn't close to finalized until the 4th century, and that there may be other inspired texts; nonetheless, it was this visible structure which I made reference to that determined the canon, and which texts to use, not vice versa.

The article comes to the conclusion that variation is equivalent to intentional obscuring for theological reasons, but this is an argument that in addition to not being substantiated, is in my opinion bogus. If anything, I would say that having to look through variations of the New Testament text in order to prove a theological point is what I would call "changing for theological reasons," but nonetheless, even granting them the argument that specific versions are chosen for theological reasons, the Church which Christ established and which maintains the Traditions and Beliefs from the Apostles themselves, who personally knew Jesus Himself, and who taught their own bishops what they believed in, have a greater say on what exactly is correct in a text than any 7th century onward speculator who claims to have "the true interpretation."

Muhammad himself, despite holding very fundamental contradictory ideas to what Jesus taught (regardless of what "variable" Gospel you use), from merely a theological perspective was a very contradictory individual; teaching several things which he admitted to being "a doctrine of Satan" as true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_Verses

I find this backwards because the Old Testament, which the Muslims claims to be incorruptible, immediately uses a test for True Prophets and False Prophets, and Muhammad clearly fails this test.

Deuteronomy 13:1-4

"If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying 'Let us go after other gods'—which you have not known—and let us serve them, you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:42:13 AM by LivenotoneviL »
"I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the Threeness,
Through confession of the Oneness
of the Creator of creation."

May God one day unite me with the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 01:27:12 PM »
The Bible really doesn't work like the Quran, at least not for the Catholic and Orthodox. All books in Holy Scripture are inspired, but a book outside the Bible can be just as inspired. The info he throws is absolutely irrelevant, and just an example of how Muslims misunderstand Christianity looking at a Muslim lens (which is pretty normal for people of one faith studying another).

"So, the great Church tradition has not made up her mind on the Bible."
Bull feces, there is a difference between form, matter and content.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:29:42 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline Al Masihi

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 04:02:52 PM »
Thanks this helped a lot. But I'm a bit confused on the different canons of the Bible and the number of books each Church has. And how am supposed to reply if someone says we don't have any accurate Christian manuscripts dating back to the first century, overall I'd like to the best advice and argument on what makes the Holy Bible reliable.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 04:12:48 PM »
Thanks this helped a lot. But I'm a bit confused on the different canons of the Bible and the number of books each Church has. And how am supposed to reply if someone says we don't have any accurate Christian manuscripts dating back to the first century, overall I'd like to the best advice and argument on what makes the Holy Bible reliable.

A certain amount of this nonsense comes from Christendom's own efforts at self-destruction the last couple of centuries. Our best scholars have wasted countless hours supposedly demolishing our own faith and scriptures. In actual fact, we have a vast and truly excellent corpus of Christian and Hebrew manuscripts compared to anything else as ancient.

But as the Bard put it, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and the true test of scriptures is the truth that they contain and the life that they provide. The scriptures of Islam may have some technically-superior provenance compared to older scriptures (actually, I'd say they don't, and the whole question of Mohammed is very murky), but what truth do they contain and what life do they offer? If you take my advice, this will be the nature of your inquiry.

But winning arguments with youths, especially on the internet, is not a good project and bears bad fruit for all sides.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 04:21:22 PM »

What is a "canon" in the sense of a canonical scripture?

Scriptures are for uses.

By some we pray. By some we learn how to live. By some we commemorate matters or persons of importance. And so on.

By the Psalms we pray as Christ prayed thru St. King David. By the Gospels, we learn the very words of Christ, he who alone of men was (as St. John puts it) from the Heavens and came to testify of the truth he knows for the preservation of our souls. By the Holy Prophets, we learn God's ways toward men thru the ages. By the Proverbs we get some glimpse of wisdom, particularly as the best of the Hebrews understood it.

Each use is different, and not all hold the same value for our souls or our services of worship.

A "canon" as a certification of provenance may have some value -- ancient Fathers did show some concern for rooting out real frauds -- but it is not the value the scriptures truly have for the Church. But overall it is a modern misinterpretation of what a canon of scripture amounts to.

There are many reasons a scripture might have been found permissible or impermissible. To associate the work of the Fathers with the work of modern archaeologists and philologists misses the point and has proven pernicious.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 04:26:43 PM by Porter ODoran »
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 11:32:27 PM »
Thanks this helped a lot. But I'm a bit confused on the different canons of the Bible
The same thing occurred in Islam, they just purged all of the alternates and alternate short-vowel readings.
Quote from: Fr. Thomas Hopko, dystopian parable of the prodigal son
...you can imagine so-called healing services of the pigpen. The books that could be written, you know: Life in the Pigpen. How to Cope in the Pigpen. Being Happy in the Pigpen. Surviving in the Pigpen. And then there could be counselling, for people who feel unhappy in the pigpen, to try to get them to come to terms with the pigpen, and to accept the pigpen.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 12:16:50 PM »
Thanks this helped a lot. But I'm a bit confused on the different canons of the Bible
The same thing occurred in Islam, they just purged all of the alternates and alternate short-vowel readings.
Yeah, and there are some obscure verses of the Quran remaining in ahhadith, too.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 12:17:08 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 05:51:26 PM »
Can anyone help me refute this?
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Bible/Text/BibleTex.html#Syriac

I just started to read article. To me what it said is that muslims are 2 generations ahead in keeping what was delivered to them without change.

So if they received gold they keep gold unmodified and can deliver gold after 1000 years very skilfully.
On the other way if they received garbage they can deliver garbage after 1000 years very skilfully.

The problem is that people coming from death say that Muhammad is in Hell screaming that the angel he got his information from is a devil. Look on youtube for Muhammad hell.

So if the information they started with is from the devil the article says they keep skilfully the information from the devil unchanged. And that gives them no good.

Look on youtube "near death experience heaven" and see that people coming from Heaven are not muslims. They are Christians.

I would ask muslims why when muslims pray to God to come to them they claim Jesus come to them saying I am God of Christians so Christians are right and muslims become Christians? Look youtube for "muslims Jesus"

Unfortunatelly many muslims don't understand that there are distinct variations of Christianity very very different and they don't understand that when God is asked God shows Eastern Orthodox Christianity to be true Church.

So lots of muslims choose the wrong denomination jumping in a way from islam to half islam instead of jumping to best and full Christianity , Eastern Orthodox Christianity.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 06:01:50 PM by pasadi97 »
God the Father is great. God the Father is good.

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 06:07:09 PM »
Muslims need to pray to Jesus to come and tell them the truth, I know Jesus is coming since he came to me. No I didn't dream to look at what people coming from death say or knew it by myself. I asked God to show me religion he way he sees it and this is how I found out. Prayer works.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 06:11:05 PM by pasadi97 »

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • Delete
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 08:04:30 PM »
Dont bother. Convincing yourself is enough.  Work on your own salvation. If they arent ready than pray for them.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
  • Faith: GOAA
  • Jurisdiction: Antonis said I'm not Christian, so...
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 09:49:39 PM »
I'm sure Muslims have You Tube videos claiming to have near-death experiences of Heaven too.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:49:55 PM by biro »
My only weakness is, well, never mind

He said he had a horrible house
I looked in it and learnt to shut my mouth

Come back my dream into my arms, into my arms

London is drowning, and I live by the river

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 10:04:47 PM »
I'm sure Muslims have You Tube videos claiming to have near-death experiences of Heaven too.  ::)

Do they?

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 10:32:39 PM »
I take near death experiences with a shaker of salt.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
  • Faith: GOAA
  • Jurisdiction: Antonis said I'm not Christian, so...
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 10:41:29 PM »
There's You Tube garbage for everything.

If you think a video's presence on You Tube alone makes it true, you have some revising to do.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

He said he had a horrible house
I looked in it and learnt to shut my mouth

Come back my dream into my arms, into my arms

London is drowning, and I live by the river

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 01:44:02 AM »
Do they?
They have worse stuff in MemriTV, there have been many meme pages simply dedicated to screenshot and post parts of their shows out of context.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 02:12:50 AM »
Do they?
They have worse stuff in MemriTV, there have been many meme pages simply dedicated to screenshot and post parts of their shows out of context.

Finally, a religious blessing for my Jeffrey Dahmer fanblog! Thank you!
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 12:35:30 PM »
 :laugh:

Offline Al Masihi

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 05:19:22 AM »
Yeah Islam is pretty messed up. That sheikh in the video is a real whack job by the name of Muhammed Al Munajjid he runs this site called IslamQA reading his site really made me glad I left Islam. From killing apostates to eating mermaids, you can read it all there. I kind of get it now the canons and apocrypha are not verified as true or not, so it really goes down to which Churches include them or not. And since the canons and apocrypha function in the same way as the Hadith books for Muslims, it doesn't effect the theology or the Bible itself.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 08:40:54 AM »
So, are mermaids halal?

Offline Al Masihi

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 01:10:44 PM »

Then find them. Not the ones in which people travel and did not reach destination being brought to Earth back as walk to destination is great up to a certain point for both destinations.

How can you find these videos when maybe Bible says no baptism no Heaven John 3:3

No baptism for islam, budhism, hinduism.....

I would love for creation to be restored and everybody to be in Heaven.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:14:13 PM by pasadi97 »

Offline Al Masihi

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »
There's more ridiculous stuff here from drinking camel urine http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/83423
To having intercourse with your slave http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/26067/prostitute
I didn't know respiratory problems were caused by demons sitting on your chest but the sheikhs of Islam say so http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/75612 apparently your wife can't wear perfume outside of the house which explains why the Islamic judges at the court would scream at my mother for wearing perfume also Allah hates semen in your pants it's haram!!! http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/83987/urine
I'm so happy people like Muhammed Al Munajjid helped me convert to Christianity.

Offline Al Masihi

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 01:12:47 PM »
With all due respect but near death experiences aren't proof of anything weather Muslim, Christian, or Bhuddist. As it can easily be faked.

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 01:14:45 PM »
With all due respect but near death experiences aren't proof of anything weather Muslim, Christian, or Bhuddist. As it can easily be faked.

Not if you have lie detector when questioning. Some ladies know the truth only by looking at the person telling. For them there is no need of lie detector.

Also near death experience tell same thing even if people are all over the world without meeting each other.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:17:44 PM by pasadi97 »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2018, 01:50:30 PM »

What can't be faked?

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 06:32:02 PM »

Not if you have lie detector when questioning.

Lie detectors are very fallible. The police barely even use them anymore. And even so, how many of these youtube videos were corroborated by lie detector readings?

Some ladies know the truth only by looking at the person telling. For them there is no need of lie detector.

Considering how many of the NDEs you post seem to be from low church Protestant channels, I doubt Orthodox clairvoyants are going to be much help here. And again, are they travelling around interviewing all these YouTube claimants (that could make a good TV show, actually)?

False NDEs don't even require deception, though. Just misconstruing an understandable stress dream or hallucination as being something more.

Also near death experience tell same thing even if people are all over the world without meeting each other.

Which can be explained by exposure to common tropes via the media and general osmosis (the light at the end of the tunnel, being reunited with your relatives, etc).

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 11:06:48 PM »
A sort of "anti-NDE" from a man who reports that he experienced "nothing" when he almost-died.

Are we to take this as proof of atheism, psadi?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:07:19 PM by Volnutt »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 11:34:53 PM »
A sort of "anti-NDE" from a man who reports that he experienced "nothing" when he almost-died.

Are you a writer for The Onion?

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 11:49:57 PM »

I'm the ghost of Cornelius Zwiebel.

It's certainly possible that the Reddit guy is lying or trolling, yes. But it's also entirely possible that Psadi's YouTube NDEs are also all fake, isn't it?

Offline LivenotoneviL

• A Hopeful Sinner
  • OC.net guru
  • Saint Patrick, Pray For Us!
  • Faith: Outside the Church
  • Jurisdiction: None
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2018, 12:04:54 AM »
I'm so happy people like Muhammed Al Munajjid helped me convert to Christianity.

As terribly flawed as Islam can be in terms of morality, theology, and its origins, nonetheless I wonder to what extent that your postings are you venting concealed antagonism towards your previous belief system, which we both believe to be false.

If it is this is the case, I can surely relate to you my feelings, being a former Roman Catholic in belief (I'm not converted yet, but we'll see if God wills me to be a part of the Holy Orthodox Church) - and if you have read my posts on here, you can see that I've been really nasty to the Roman Catholic Church, particularly in the areas where they have become rather liberal (liturgical abuses, subjective and changeable morality, hatred towards traditional liturgical worship, poor handling of the Eucharist, desires of "Holy Unia," unintentionally viewing their own saints as "Pharisees who judge people," etc.).

While it is - trust me - easy to see the flaws of your previous religion, particularly if they are blasphemous or even sacrilege against God - nonetheless, you have to let that hatred go and pray for the souls of those people. You'll save more souls that way. I'm sure your Islamic belief system must have been foundational in helping build your moral character and relationship with God at some level - even if it is absolutely minimal, or maybe not - I don't know - and Glory to God that if it did teach you good things it led you to the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.

I also wonder if Saint John of Damascus's writings helped you on your journey, which is why your profile picture is that icon. If it is, that's understandable - for a while here, I had Saint Gregory the Great as mine, because his writings really helped me determine the Truth of Orthodoxy.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 12:07:32 AM by LivenotoneviL »
"I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the Threeness,
Through confession of the Oneness
of the Creator of creation."

May God one day unite me with the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2018, 12:11:52 AM »

It's certainly possible that the Reddit guy is lying or trolling, yes. But it's also entirely possible that Psadi's YouTube NDEs are also all fake, isn't it?

Not a matter of lying or trolling as much as of illogic. If someone says he experienced a miracle at 7-Eleven, and someone else's response is he went to 7-Eleven and did not experience a miracle, he's simply missing the point.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2018, 02:49:26 AM »

Not a matter of lying or trolling as much as of illogic. If someone says he experienced a miracle at 7-Eleven, and someone else's response is he went to 7-Eleven and did not experience a miracle, he's simply missing the point.

My point is that it casts some doubt on Psadi trying to use NDE's as proof that there's a God, let alone that Christianity is the true religion. At most NDE's are relatively weak after the fact confirmation for someone who already believes for other reasons.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:51:18 AM by Volnutt »

Offline juliogb

• High Elder
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 08:29:15 AM »
I read that the Quran had lots of diferent copies and versions, but Caliph Uthman send all of them be burned except of one version that is the Quran we know today.

Offline Al Masihi

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2018, 12:52:15 PM »

As terribly flawed as Islam can be in terms of morality, theology, and its origins, nonetheless I wonder to what extent that your postings are you venting concealed antagonism towards your previous belief system, which we both believe to be false.

If it is this is the case, I can surely relate to you my feelings, being a former Roman Catholic in belief (I'm not converted yet, but we'll see if God wills me to be a part of the Holy Orthodox Church) - and if you have read my posts on here, you can see that I've been really nasty to the Roman Catholic Church, particularly in the areas where they have become rather liberal (liturgical abuses, subjective and changeable morality, hatred towards traditional liturgical worship, poor handling of the Eucharist, desires of "Holy Unia," unintentionally viewing their own saints as "Pharisees who judge people," etc.).

While it is - trust me - easy to see the flaws of your previous religion, particularly if they are blasphemous or even sacrilege against God - nonetheless, you have to let that hatred go and pray for the souls of those people. You'll save more souls that way. I'm sure your Islamic belief system must have been foundational in helping build your moral character and relationship with God at some level - even if it is absolutely minimal, or maybe not - I don't know - and Glory to God that if it did teach you good things it led you to the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.

I also wonder if Saint John of Damascus's writings helped you on your journey, which is why your profile picture is that icon. If it is, that's understandable - for a while here, I had Saint Gregory the Great as mine, because his writings really helped me determine the Truth of Orthodoxy.

I never felt anything for Islam even as a child, but when I was a child I didn't feel such hatred towards it until now. I was immediately attracted to paganism and Zoroastrianism after I left Islam which helped me really build my moral character then I went to become a Manichaen for a little while even. I relate to John of Damascus and I use his writing as one of the best refutations of Islam but what really made me fall deeply in love with Christianity was Saint Paul the way the religion changed him from a cruel murderer of Christians to becoming one of the best Christians and one of the most kind people the world has ever known. I was frequently told that Paul changed Christianity and he was a liar and deceiver but when I saw how it changed him and his life, how he spread the religion to all corners of the world risking his life countless times, and eventually losing it and dying for a belief he once hated. If he really wanted to destroy it secretly if he was really a deceiver why go to such lengths to spread a religion he hated and why is it when he had the apostles cornered and was running to seek them out in the Damascus road. Is it really all part of some plot of Paul or did it really change him into becoming the best of men, you can tell which one I thought was truth and which one were lies. I truly feel hate for my former religion (if you can call it a religion) I don't even think it should exist.