Author Topic: A Confession  (Read 1047 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
A Confession
« on: February 09, 2018, 07:27:02 AM »
I have liked a Protestant ministry that I know of that went live to support Christianity. I just want to be honest that I am worried of the dangers of Protestantism that it does not preach the full message of salvation but I can not judge them because God may save them. I trust God can guide people who are really seeking Him to the church if they must be but I am worried about some Protestants I don’t know why. Maybe because by liking their live video I am saying I believe you are completely correct. I must not judge them but their beliefs I must judge if I am asked my opinion even though I must not judge their soul for I may not see perfectly clearly if God accepts them according to what He knows about them if they are really trying to obey Him and if they deserve mercy but I don’t know if He accepts them or not so I am not giving them an excuse.

Here is a good book by Pope Shenouda on salvation

http://saint-mary.net/books/Salvation%20in%20the%20Orthodox%20Concept.pdf

Offline Raafat

• Faith: I don't know
  • Jurisdiction: The World
Re: A Confession
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 08:14:32 AM »
Why is that a wrong thing, my friend?

Should one be all for something before I see that has some merits?

I don't see that you did anything wrong here.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 08:20:23 AM »
Why is that a wrong thing, my friend?

Should one be all for something before I see that has some merits?

I don't see that you did anything wrong here.

Thankyou dear friend I hope you are right

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 08:21:49 AM »
I also thought to say this

We have to defend our church but not judge who is worthy to go to heaven or hell. We may have the right belief but we must not force it. God alone will judge what is true belief and if some others can be saved but we do not know. We are entitled to our belief but the true belief may be all Christians can be saved or atleast some

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 07:39:52 PM »
What Raafat said. Also, I'm not sure that anybody would have known about your like if you hadn't said anything.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 11:34:46 PM »
What Raafat said. Also, I'm not sure that anybody would have known about your like if you hadn't said anything.

Thanks for your support volnutt :)

Offline LivenotoneviL

• Done
  • OC.net guru
  • Intercede for my wretched soul, Saint Alban.
  • Faith: Outside the Church
  • Jurisdiction: Lost for now.
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 12:38:28 AM »
At least you're not in my position, considering my recent posts on this forum, wrestling with God as did Jacob.

If I somehow get to Heaven (which for me is unlikely if I died while I am sleeping), you definitely will.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:39:28 AM by LivenotoneviL »
I'm done.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 01:11:09 AM »

Thanks for your support volnutt :)

You're welcome :)
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 09:22:39 AM »
At least you're not in my position, considering my recent posts on this forum, wrestling with God as did Jacob.

If I somehow get to Heaven (which for me is unlikely if I died while I am sleeping), you definitely will.

I have not read all your posts but some I have enjoyed. Don't despair. If I died in my sleep I think I am very unlikely to go to heaven too because I have delayed serious repentance too many times and commited many sins. There are also sins of omission. And I am not bearing the fruits of the Spirit and feel ignorant about how to follow God and how to view and act towards others due to laziness and lack of effort.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:32:54 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 09:35:20 AM »

I have not read all your posts but some I have enjoyed. Don't despair. If I died in my sleep I think I am very unlikely to go to heaven too because I have delayed serious repentance too many times and commited many sins. There are also sins of omission. And I am not bearing the fruits of the Spirit and feel ignorant about how to follow God and how to view and act towards others due to laziness and lack of effort.

I added sins of omission in last minute. I should not have. I don't mean to cause despair.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 03:12:57 AM »
I am going to their church tomorrow but it does not mean I approve of their beliefs. It just means I am willing to be proved wrong but I am almost certain I won’t be.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 03:29:57 AM »
That does not mean they are not accepted if they remain so but they could not be
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:30:45 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 09:35:09 AM »
As you know I acted bad to a Protestant and I am going because I feel I must fix or improve relations. Also by going I am also calling  them to go to my church and respect its teachings. I may not have to go because they should understand my church stance against it but I want to go because it may be good for me and I don’t just want to trust church word for it but also judge things myself
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:41:14 AM by mikeforjesus »