Author Topic: Caviezel: Resurrection sequel for Passion of the Christ film  (Read 313 times)

Offline Xavier

• Elder
  • Slave of Love consecrated to the Heart of Jesus.
  • Faith: Catholic Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Apostolic Throne of St. Peter's
Caviezel: Resurrection sequel for Passion of the Christ film
« on: January 31, 2018, 12:51:32 AM »
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/new-passion-of-the-christ-sequel-will-be-biggest-film-in-history-jim-caviez

New ‘Passion of the Christ’ sequel will be ‘biggest film in history’: Jim Caviezel

January 30, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) –  Actor Jim Caviezel, world-famous for his portrayal of Jesus in the blockbuster 2004 movie The Passion of the Christ, has confirmed that he is joining forces with director Mel Gibson to reprise his role in a sequel about the Resurrection, now on the drawing board.

“There are things that I cannot say that will shock the audience," said the actor in a USA Today interview.  “It's great. Stay tuned.”

“The Resurrection. Big subject. Oh, my God,” said Director Mel Gibson in a 2016 interview.  “We’re trying to craft this in a way that’s cinematically compelling and enlightening so that it shines new light, if possible, without creating some weird thing.”

The Academy Award-winning director who also co-wrote and produced The Passion of the Christ is still conceptualizing how the story will be told on the big screen.

“I won’t tell you how he’s going to go about it,” Caviezel told USA Today. “But I’ll tell you this much, the film he’s going to do is going to be the biggest film in history. It’s that good.”

The Passion of the Christ brought to life the last twelve hours of the life of Jesus Christ in a powerful, graphic way that had never before been achieved.  Despite Hollywood’s disdain for movies about Christianity, audiences flocked to theatres to see it, making it one of the most successful, highest grossing films in history.

Caviezel, who besides being an acclaimed actor, is a man of faith who publicly challenges his fellow Catholics to live their faith out loud in this darkening world.

Earlier this month, the actor spoke before a huge crowd of college students in Chicago at the SLS18 (Student Leadership Summit 2018) conference sponsored by The Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS).

“Set yourselves apart from this corrupt generation,” the actor challenged those in attendance. “Be saints. You weren’t made to fit in. You were born to stand out.”

“We must shake off this indifference, this destructive tolerance of evil. But only our faith and the wisdom of Christ can save us,” he said. “But it requires warriors, ready to risk their reputations, their names, even our very lives, to stand for the truth.”

“By God, we must live,” Caviezel concluded, “and with the Holy Spirit as your shield and Christ as your sword, may you join St. Michael and all the angels in sending Lucifer and his henchmen straight right back to Hell where they belong
Locution, Aug 18, 2014: "They will realize that I have released an ocean of graces which have changed their darkness into light. They will realize that they have been freed from the past century of diabolical control. They will also know that this great gift has come through the consecration of Russia made by the Holy Father in communion with all the bishops in the world. http://locutions-forever.org/locutions/show/2014-08-18/1-the-overcoming-of-separation

Offline LivenotoneviL

• A Hopeful Sinner
  • OC.net guru
  • Saint John Maximovitch, pray for us!
  • Faith: Outside the Church
  • Jurisdiction: None
Re: Caviezel: Resurrection sequel for Passion of the Christ film
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 01:24:48 AM »
Of relevance (It's an interview with Stephen Colbert on the new film):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a65DHhobPw0
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:27:47 AM by LivenotoneviL »
"I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the Threeness,
Through confession of the Oneness
of the Creator of creation."
-Saint Patrick's Breastplate

May God one day unite me with the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church.

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
  • St. Joseph of Petrograd pray to God for us!
  • Faith: Genuine Orthodox Church
  • Jurisdiction: Inquiring
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 01:42:09 AM »
I wonder what the Jewish community thinks about this? considering the first one had such a big uproar from various synagogues calling the film out for antisemitism.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:43:39 AM by Jackson02 »
IC XC
NI KA

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Higher Criticism
  • Jurisdiction: Dutch
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 02:24:05 AM »
Hopefully it's gonna feature a detailed trip to the inferno.
"I saw a miracle where 2 people entered church one by baptism and one by chrismation. On pictures the one received by full baptism was shinning in light the one by chrismation no."

Online Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 03:11:53 AM »
That should be interesting.  Usually films about the Lord have a few minutes at the end devoted to the resurrection, if any at all.

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 06:28:50 AM »
I wonder what the Jewish community thinks about this? considering the first one had such a big uproar from various synagogues calling the film out for antisemitism.

Or at least the fact that since it got made, Gibson was outed as one of the biggest antisemite cockroaches in Hollywood.

I guess Caviezel's commitment to "living his faith out loud" and "risking his reputation" has limits.
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things