Author Topic: Creationism in India  (Read 216 times)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Creationism in India
« on: January 22, 2018, 05:32:01 PM »
India’s education minister assails evolutionary theory, calls for curricula overhaul

A new front has opened in the war on science in India. On Friday, India’s minister for higher education, Satyapal Singh, took aim at the theory of evolution. Calling himself “a responsible man of science,” Singh, a chemist, suggested that Darwin’s theory is “scientifically wrong” and “needs to change” in school and university curricula. In remarks on the sidelines of a conference in Aurangabad, in central India, Singh further noted that “nobody, including our ancestors, in written or oral, have said they saw an ape turning into a man.”...
"We are all human beans. What is left now is for each of us to grow to our full potential in Christ." - Abba Hezekiah

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Re: Creationism in India
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 05:50:54 PM »
Oddly, I'm not as bothered by the fact that he's a creationist but that he uses that strawman portrayal of evolution.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.