Offline LivenotoneviL

• A Hopeful Sinner
  • OC.net guru
  • Saint Patrick, Pray For Us!
  • Faith: Outside the Church
  • Jurisdiction: None
Apology
« on: January 15, 2018, 04:01:21 PM »
I just wanted to post this forum to apologize for the forum posts on here in which I was in a state of spiritual crisis and acted - quite immaturely - in a melodramatic way.
Particularly, my "How do I know who is the True Christ" thread, my "Annoyed with the Inconsistency of Orthodoxy" thread (although I think I raise some good points in that thread that should be discussed for future converts), and my "Dilemma with Jurisdictions" thread.

I'm more comfortable with Orthodoxy now, because - at least in my experience - I have confirmation from God that He wants me away from Roman Catholicism and wants me in Orthodoxy. I'm more at peace, and although I will not have full certainty on all the answers on life for sure, I know that at the end of the day, all I can do is do my best to please God in terms of finding the True Faith. While I believe I found it, I still am a sinner with a lot of work to do.

Given my loving of the West (I should look into Western Rite Orthodoxy later in my life), however, I can't help but post a line from the Liturgy of Saint Gregory.

"I confess to God Almighty, to Blessed Mary Ever-Virgin, to blessed Michael the Archangel, to blessed John (the) Baptist, to the holy Apostles Peter and Paul, to all the Saints, and to you, my brethren, that I have sinned exceedingly in thought, word and deed, by my fault, by my own fault, by my own most grievous fault. Wherefore I beg blessed Mary Ever-Virgin, blessed Michael the Archangel, blessed John the Baptist, the holy Apostles Peter and Paul, all the Saints, and you, my brethren, to pray for me to the Lord our God."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:01:42 PM by LivenotoneviL »
"I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the Threeness,
Through confession of the Oneness
of the Creator of creation."

May God one day unite me with the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church.

Online Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: without works is dead.
  • Jurisdiction: Dark Night of the Soul.
Re: Apology
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 07:07:14 PM »
You're not the first, nor will be the last.

The self-assessment is noted and appreciated.

God bless.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

All hail and agree with AGABUS! the God of this website.

Take a breath, read Ecclesiastes 1:9.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Re: Apology
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 07:27:26 PM »
You're not the first, nor will be the last.

The self-assessment is noted and appreciated.

God bless.
+1

I was frequently pretty annoying here over the years, probably more than you.  :angel:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:28:09 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.