Author Topic: Presanctified Liturgy of St Severus of Antioch  (Read 265 times)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to FOCOF
Presanctified Liturgy of St Severus of Antioch
« on: December 13, 2017, 01:57:18 PM »
This translation into English is of the introductory article and the text of the Presanctified Anaphora of St Severus of Antioch. It was publsihed in French in 1919, and I have translated it here into English. A Presanctified Liturgy is one in which a chalice of wine is consecrated by a portion of the holy Body of the Lord which has been preserved from a Liturgy taking place on another and earlier date. In the Syrian tradition this form of service did not become established, as it had among the Greeks. In later times the idea of a presanctified communion, as the introductory article describes, became restricted in the Syrian tradition to a priest on his own, and he was permitted to use whatever prayers he found appropriate. But the liturgical text here was for a public service of communion, with priest, deacon and faithful. It was much shorter than a normal Liturgy, as can be seen from the text and was usually intended for use during Lent, when weekday Liturgies were forbidden.

http://www.stgeorgeministry.com/translation-presanctified-liturgy-st-severus-antioch/
Apparently, can smart . . has brain.

Yes, I do real Theology

I am the Antichrist LOL just kidding