Author Topic: PAT. ILIA ANNOUNCES LOCUM TENENS OF GEORGIAN CHURCH  (Read 194 times)

Offline Antonis

• Μέγα το Θαύμα!
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Faith: Holy Phanar
  • Jurisdiction: God’s Own Archdiocese
PAT. ILIA ANNOUNCES LOCUM TENENS OF GEORGIAN CHURCH
« on: November 23, 2017, 02:17:20 PM »
His Holiness Catholicos-Patriarch Ilia II chose today, when the Georgian Church is celebrating its greatly-beloved feast of the martyrdom of St. George, to make an historic announcement. Shortly before celebrating the Divine Liturgy in the Church of St. George-Kashveti in the center of the capital, the primate announced a locum tenens for the patriarchal throne of the Georgian Orthodox Church, according to information from Romfea.

Metropolitan Shio (Mudzhiri) of Senaki and Chkhorotsqu’s name was given in the order read out by His Holiness Ilia.

“I congratulate you all with the feast of St. George. It is an historic feast day. St. George wanted us to have a locum tenens, and that is Vladyka Shio. I congratulate Vladyka Shio with this high rank. I hope he will justify the hope rested upon him. May God preserve you,” the patriarch stated, according to 1tv.ge.

http://orthochristian.com/108587.html
For our impious, godless, and faithless rulers, the persecutors of our holy Faith and Fatherland, the members of our parliament who hate and wrong us, and for their repentance, let us pray to the Lord.
--Petition, Kalavrytan Rite

"This is the one from the beginning, who seemed to be new, yet was found to be ancient and always young, being born in the hearts of the saints."
Letter to Diognetus 11.4

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Re: PAT. ILIA ANNOUNCES LOCUM TENENS OF GEORGIAN CHURCH
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 02:38:15 PM »
That’s too bad; I fear His Holiness might be nearing his repose.  Still, let us pray he and his locum tenens may still enjoy many years!

I greatly admire HH Ilia for his piety and steadfastness, so this is sad news to read.
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.