OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 04:02:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church History Timeline in Spanish  (Read 2026 times) Average Rating: 0
Mat. Elizabeth

« on: October 01, 2005, 12:08:09 AM »

http://stgeorgepantry.org/timelinespanish.html

Wish we could change the graphic for this, too - but, at least it's a start! Any feedback or suggestions?
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 02:02:52 AM »

Matushka Elizabeth,

Unfortunately I can't read (or speak) Spanish, so I can't really help much. I would just say that, if you wanted, maybe in the next revision you could add the 2nd (Constantinople, 380) and 3rd (Ephesus, 430) Ecumenical Councils, and the Photian Council (879).
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 04:58:19 AM »

Thinking about it, it *might* be worthwhile to include some local events of particular importance to Mexico such as the appearence of the Virgin of Guadalupe.  That could be worked in somehow by saying that by embracing Orthodoxy Mexicans are coming to a fuller and more balenaced veneration of Her. 

Also I think more could be done to show that Rome left Orthodoxy, opposed to Orthodoxy leaving Rome or a mutual split.  But I don't know how to easily that could be done and still maintain the brevity of such a chart. 

All in all I think the chart is good, and I think it is wonderful to see missionary work being done to Spanish speakers. 
Mat. Elizabeth

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 10:41:10 AM »

Great suggestions!  Thanks so much.  Father returns home today from helping with IOCC hurricane disaster relief, so I'll share your input with him.  Again, muchas gracias! 
Luis_Garza

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 03:19:03 PM »

Creo que también falta señalar la salida de las iglesias precalcedonias (Nestorianos, coptos, armenios, sirios ¿o siriacos?, etc.)

Saludos
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: