Author Topic: When will God end my suffering?  (Read 569 times)

Offline Peace

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
When will God end my suffering?
« on: October 17, 2017, 05:49:53 PM »
I have health problems that make me suffer and don't even let me to sleep, I am so tired. New problems appear all the time the last months for a weird reason.I can't do things that I enjoy I suffer almost all the time and there are people who make fun of me and my problems, family members mostly, there are even doctors who took me a lot of money and end up insulting me.I can't live on my own because of these conditions I can't have friends or a healthy relationship that could lead to a family. I can't pray almost at all, I can't stay calm even with calming pills, I can't go to church most of the time. I have some health problems that are so bothersome, I feel that I suffer all the time and like my nerves will break. I have try so many different doctors and therapies I am sick of it and God doesn't give the permanent solution no matter what we did and still do, no matter the praying the fasting, the waiting and waiting and waiting, I am sick of waiting. I am also young and I loose the best years of my life closed in a room suffering and counting the time to pass. I don't want this life anymore. If this situation continues I might decide to end my life and I don't want that because I am Orthodox Christian and it is a sin and because it is not the right solution. I can't bare this anymore. I had health problems since I was a kid I want to be free now.Instead I got worse. I got abused a lot too. I want to be healthy and calm. I am so sick of this.
I know that I should accept God's will and that I shouldn't talk like that and that I don't sound at all like a christian, but I am so tired and desperate.I also know that I am way luckier than other people and I really appreciate and respect that, but I would like my health too.Please give me more of your prayers, sorry for asking for so many prayers the last months but it has been difficult! Thank you for everything you have done for me, I will pray for you too! I would like this suffering to end right now I can't wait anymore, I know it is wrong from me but I can't and I don't want to wait more.
(What I will also ask is not right and it is sinful so don't pray about it because it is wrong, but I can't hold myself from asking, please pray to God to take my life fast and peacefull and then to take me with Him without facing any demons. I want to rest and I want to be with Him , I can't pray almost at all anymore and I even get mad at Him, very wrong I know.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:52:59 PM by Peace »

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Re: When will God end my suffering?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 06:41:43 PM »
Lord have mercy.
This profile is defunct as of 11/8/2017. I created it before Orthodoxy, and have used it after Orthodoxy.

I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

I will likely lurk on this forum under a different name.

Offline marigold

• Archon
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 06:58:30 PM »
Lord, have mercy.

Offline Peace

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 07:26:44 PM »
Thank you a lot! I praied for you too!

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 07:50:44 PM »
Lord, have mercy!

God bless you!

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 08:30:10 PM »
Lord have mercy.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Online Hawkeye

• Διονύσιος ὁ Νέος Άνκορεϊτζίτης
  • High Elder
  • Matthew 27:52-53
  • Faith: Like unto Neronov
  • Jurisdiction: Old Rite, Chapelist ("Double-Crossers")
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 02:01:45 AM »
Lord have mercy!
"Take heed, you who listen to me: Our misfortune is inevitable, we cannot escape it. If God allows scandals, it is that the elect shall be revealed. Let them be burned, let them be purified, let them who have been tried be made manifest among you."   - The Life of the Archpriest Avvakum by Himself

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 09:41:02 AM »
Hi Peace

I hope you are healed like the women with the issue of blood who tried everything first before she found out the real problem and trusted God if perhaps there is something you can do. 

I do feel much the same way as you do right now though I don’t like to admit it. I feel my body is burning I think because I resisted my conscience many times and also have no control in drink and food even in the major fasts which is the only one I fast I eat food fasting food and drink Pepsi
I should fast more often the Wednesday and Friday and more strict. I feel I killed the presence of God by disobeying my conscience in any matter

Not literally burning and not all the time and not too severe just I feel exhausted and my chest not giving good energy but hot and unfitness

The bible says fear the Lord it shall be strength and health to your flesh. This means not only avoid main sin but fast from all sin even all from conscience and pray

I know I will get better I took a promise from God in prayer
I felt my tears quenched abit of the burning fire
Also I take maxigesic which has ibuprofen and Zyrtec

This passage I read today gives me comfort

Matthew 27:20-21
20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. 21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”

Seems that prayer and fasting is the cure for doubt in the Lord to answer a prayer. All problems can be therefore be removed through prayer. Also communion heals our body

These two videos are good

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLD2A78162EF8B51C3&params=OAFIAVgK&v=hAQsCFjFUKk&mode=NORMAL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLD2A78162EF8B51C3&params=OAFIAVgH&v=AirKxC4VVB0&mode=NORMAL
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:51:17 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 10:02:50 AM »
It is hard for me as I think part of my suffering is due to the suffering I caused others by leaving the world and not being light of the world but running away but making people feel their life in the world doesn’t matter by having no part with them
Idleness is the playground of the devil
Also another unfaithfulness in a matter I prefer not to mention but I am zealous to correct

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 10:23:59 AM »
I don’t know if we can discuss in prayer forum
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:27:09 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 10:54:16 AM »
I am not going  to pray that the Lord take your life.

Offline recent convert

• Orthodox Chrisitan
  • Archon
  • St.David of Wales pray for us
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 10:58:02 PM »
Lord, have mercy.
Antiochian OC NA

Beware the wrath of the guardians of "love."

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 11:00:25 PM »
Turns out my severe suffering was caused by the new antipsychotic I thought because it was not akathasia it was not the medicine. I know because I tried being off it and I am well. Now I appreciate health more to eat healthy when I am healthy
I read Matthew gospel and it said do not tempt the Lord do not expect a healing when you are putting yourself on bad med. I can’t quit suddenly but reduce dose and make an appointment immediately with my psychiatrist to stop medication. Now I understand some pains are very difficult to endure and I want to be there with the sick but I feel I can’t tell them jesus will heal them if I didn’t experience healing. I believe however I can tell them to endure and have hope in eternal life
I don’t know how I will be there for the sick now knowing some sicknesses can progress to having no cure. But I believe still there is always healing if you don’t harm yourself then God can heal you or atleast it is tolerable to endure for heaven as jesus said there is always a way to escape in Jesus Christ
The woman has a flow of blood for 12 years but she endured it
The pains are too inconvenient for those without faith and hope in God for they do not know that with God all things are possible. Not all don’t mind suicide they suffer real pain as I see in Kurt Cobain interview but they could have overcome in jesus so they are without excuse but I leave judgement to God for each case
Tribulation is not easy to endure if you have not prepared for it in your healthy time to believe in healing because God can relieve us from all too heavy burdens

If I was put in a mental ward to prevent suicide I would like one with a door that doesn’t let people hear me so I can yell the evil grief away. No other mental ward would I survive in
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 11:02:16 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 11:07:09 PM »
Suicide is unforgivable unless God chooses to forgive for a case. If you are going to not try your best I don’t think it is forgivable for you as it is said do not tempt the Lord your God
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 11:12:50 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Nathanael

• Elder
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 07:01:41 AM »
Saint Ambrose of Optina please for your servant, may God give him health for his soul and body.

OUR TRUE IDENTITY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mgdZZfVUh4

The only way to eternal life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmXuoiIYhf4

The Goal of the Eastern Christian Monk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZishdSrYWM

Offline Nathanael

• Elder
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 07:19:23 AM »
I don't know where you live exactly, but I would highly recommend you to go to a well-respected monastery for a week or two. Not because of some elders there, but monasteries are one of the best places for our souls; a place where the lungs of our souls learn to breath again. That's what I do every year.
I don't know what sort of illness do you have exactly, but it's not in your hands. The only thing you can do, is to make more and more room in your soul and body for God, so that he may fill you up with his Grace. Because Grace is stronger than any kind of illness. That's probably the only way for you. Forgive me.
If you were near my place, I would visit you and try to give you some kind of comfort.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:20:16 AM by Nathanael »
OUR TRUE IDENTITY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mgdZZfVUh4

The only way to eternal life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmXuoiIYhf4

The Goal of the Eastern Christian Monk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZishdSrYWM

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 08:02:03 AM »
Thankyou Nathaniel I benefit from your advice also as me and peace are two different people.
I love the life story of St. Ambrose of Optina here
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambrose_of_Optina

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:04:25 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Zephyr7

• Faith: catholic
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 02:26:16 PM »
Please, have hope and don't give up! I've been suffering from a lot - but learnt one thing: God is never the source of suffering and He never supports it.  In very many cases God can intervene and provide a cure or change the situation in His only right way. But He expects people to let Him do it - so that's why we never should stop praying! Tell to Him what you wrote in the begining of your post! Do it every single day, if necessary!

I should not be giving any advice on suffering as there are people (for example in hospitals) suffering unimaginable tornments. What are my small problems compared to their soulbreaking misery and despair? But there were saints - even modern day saints, like Father Paisios, who tought us about the true meaning of illness, hardship, and all sort of every day problems.

So, my best advice would be not only to keep praying - but to intensify your prayer efforts; start reading the Bible and religious scripts... A few books that come to my mind: "Everyday Saints and other stories" by Archimandrite Tichon, "Words" by Father Paisios, "My Life in Christ" by John of Krondstadt - this would help you for a start!

Trust God and don't worry.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 08:33:16 PM »
Thankyou Zephyr7 :)

How are you now Peace ?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:33:50 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Anastasia1

• My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Armenian
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 01:42:23 AM »
Lord have mercy,
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 01:51:13 AM »
Lord have mercy.

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things