Author Topic: Hell eternal?  (Read 9136 times)

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Übermensch
  • Jurisdiction: Nietzsche
Re: Hell eternal?
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2017, 08:29:00 AM »
No that is what you guys and your God, his son and his greedy apostles are experts on. Not to speak about failed men like John Chrysostom, Tertullian etc.
If you ever manage to shake off this diabolical delusion of yours, remember to add this idiotic comment to your confession list.

My advice for you is to restrain yourself from posting as you are unable to discern the truth, your ability to reason is distorted by extreme pride, self-love and egotism.

Posting on theological matters in your condition is more dangerious than drinking and driving.
Oh my... Can't you come up with something on your own than the standard mediocre reply of a half-hearted Christian? Instead; explain the quotes from John Chrysostom and tell me why he should be regarded as anything else than a criminal.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 08:29:15 AM by beebert »
'Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil' (Exodus 23:2)

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2017, 08:31:02 AM »
Beebert, if you're atheist, what do you care about Jewish people?

Also, you don't believe in Hell.

Also, you're obsessed with it.

If you're not Orthodox, what is St. John to you?
He is an evil monster who has affected history in a negative way. And I care because I am not a nihilist.
The psychological reason for the early growth of christianity and why maniacs like Paul etc could get power is similar as with extreme feminism today. It starts with one who feeks a man is evil and suddenly all men are evil. Same with christianity. Just because you are a weak and pathetic sinner, everyone suddenly deserves to burn forever. Most Christians belong in mental asylums.

Are you saying people don't have responsibilities? That's all Christ said. "Be holy as I am holy." The whole sermon on the mount, and his excoriation of the Pharisees in Matthew 23 all stem from the assumption that human beings have responsibilities toward God and toward the world. Hell is just the logical consequence of understanding responsibility. If you don't believe in responsibility, you'll end up in hell. Doing drugs, needless, self-inflicted suffering, pain, hatred and contempt. Hell is of your design, as St. Isaac of Syria says, and it's your choice whether you want to make the right choices in life or not. Nobody is forcing you.

That's what hell effectively is. It's not about psychological scarring, and it never was. Read St. Clement's letter to the Corinthians and you'll see that.
Where is the responsibility in the fact that about 40 percent of all people you meet at psychiatric hospitals are there because they have been so traumatized by Christian ideas that they can never recover?

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2017, 08:47:01 AM »
40%?  Anything from literature?  Research journals?  Or is this figure only a figment of your imagination?  Maybe 40% of your own personality is traumatized by Christian ideas?  Is 40% of your intellect damaged?  Where do you get 40%
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 08:48:35 AM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2017, 09:17:39 AM »
40%?  Anything from literature?  Research journals?  Or is this figure only a figment of your imagination?  Maybe 40% of your own personality is traumatized by Christian ideas?  Is 40% of your intellect damaged?  Where do you get 40%
I have been hospitalized twice because of the wicked religion you believe in. Once 12 months ago and Another time 8 months ago. And let me just say I was FAR from alone   here in have the problems I had. It was horrifying and insane and convinced me eventually about the harm this sick religion causes.
Say what you want about me not thinking  clearly, I say that the mind of you guys must be severely damaged, or you just want revenge.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2017, 09:22:29 AM »
I have been hospitalized twice because of the wicked religion you believe in. Once 12 months ago and Another time 8 months ago. And let me just say I was FAR from alone   here in have the problems I had. It was horrifying and insane and convinced me eventually about the harm this sick religion causes.
Say what you want about me not thinking  clearly, I say that the mind of you guys must be severely damaged, or you just want revenge.

My wicked religion has never put me in the hospital once.  Problems with my body have at times sent me there, however. 

Maybe your body is broken.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2017, 09:23:11 AM »
I have been hospitalized twice because of the wicked religion you believe in.

We don't believe in your Calvinist god. That's called "false teaming." And research shows that 90% of false teamers eat babies.
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

If you would like a private forum for non-polemical topics, comment here.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2017, 09:26:59 AM »
I changed my mind about hell. I am still somewhat hesitant to think of it as eternal, but I understand the reason why it exists. It's just cosmic justice. You puff yourself up, and the universe, God, nature, reality, whatever placeholder word you want to insert, will push you back down.

That's how the natural world works, it's how God works. I find nothing fundamentally problematic about it anymore.

That's a pretty bizarre, new-agey/ pantheistic way to look at it.
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

If you would like a private forum for non-polemical topics, comment here.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2017, 09:36:53 AM »

My wicked religion has never put me in the hospital once.  Problems with my body have at times sent me there, however. 

Well perhaps you are one of those that causes others to go there.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2017, 09:38:03 AM »

Well perhaps you are one of those that causes others to go there.

No one ever complains about the kind of body-breaking I do.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Such times are rare, such times are fleeting
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2017, 09:38:27 AM »

All-too-often overlooked fact: The brain is part of the body.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2017, 09:39:14 AM »

And you understood my point! 

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2017, 09:40:25 AM »

And you understood my point!

I think I've told beebs before - worrying yourself sick is a medical fact, not a figure of speech.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:40:51 AM by Arachne »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2017, 09:42:49 AM »

He is an evil monster who has affected history in a negative way. And I care because I am not a nihilist.
The psychological reason for the early growth of christianity and why maniacs like Paul etc could get power is similar as with extreme feminism today. It starts with one who feeks a man is evil and suddenly all men are evil. Same with christianity. Just because you are a weak and pathetic sinner, everyone suddenly deserves to burn forever. Most Christians belong in mental asylums.

Are you saying people don't have responsibilities? That's all Christ said. "Be holy as I am holy." The whole sermon on the mount, and his excoriation of the Pharisees in Matthew 23 all stem from the assumption that human beings have responsibilities toward God and toward the world. Hell is just the logical consequence of understanding responsibility. If you don't believe in responsibility, you'll end up in hell. Doing drugs, needless, self-inflicted suffering, pain, hatred and contempt. Hell is of your design, as St. Isaac of Syria says, and it's your choice whether you want to make the right choices in life or not. Nobody is forcing you.

That's what hell effectively is. It's not about psychological scarring, and it never was. Read St. Clement's letter to the Corinthians and you'll see that.
Where is the responsibility in the fact that about 40 percent of all people you meet at psychiatric hospitals are there because they have been so traumatized by Christian ideas that they can never recover?

Nietzsche killed himself in a mental hospital.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2017, 09:44:17 AM »

See the problem is that there is a maximum high temperature that hell could reach, and since it goes on for eternity, that means it is infinitely rising but never actually reaching that peak temp. Thus the truism: a watched cauldron never boils. Now we only use 10% of our brains, according to people who know nothing of physiology, so it stands to reason that if you were such a person in hell, like the frog in the proverbial pot, you wouldn't even realise how hot it was. But that frog thing is just an urban legend and untrue: thus proving that hell, also, is untrue! What I would strongly recommend is--no, not Fr. Seraphim--that you get yourself a cup of earl grey tea, sit down with a good book, put this song on in the background, and relax! :)
"We are all human beans. What is left now is for each of us to grow to our full potential in Christ." - Abba Hezekiah

Offline Sharbel

• Glory to God in all things!
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Greek
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2017, 09:56:24 AM »
And what put him there was not Christianity, but his sin of not loving.  The same kind of sin that puts one in hell.
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2017, 09:56:32 AM »
this song

Confession: I was really hoping ^that would be this.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:59:01 AM by Mor Ephrem »

Offline Sharbel

• OC.net guru
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2017, 09:58:15 AM »
I have been hospitalized twice because of the wicked religion you believe in.
How can what we believe in have to do with your being hospitalized?  Rather, you put yourself there by following your master, Nietzsche, who was fond of psychiatric hospitals.
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Sharbel

• OC.net guru
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2017, 09:59:20 AM »
People who believe and support this, these losers, half men half monkeys, these sadistic criminals and ungifted failures are certainly the ones who truly deserve to suffer forever and ever.
You realize that, according to you, this statement makes you a loser, half man, half monkey, sadistic criminal against life and humanity and ungifted failure, don't you?
No because I dont believe and support it
Yes, because you believe and condemn others to suffer forever and ever.
No that is what you guys and your God, his son and his greedy apostles are experts on. Not to speak about failed men like John Chrysostom, Tertullian etc.
So, you do not condemn believers to suffer forever and ever then, do you?
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Sharbel

• OC.net guru
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2017, 10:01:39 AM »
1: he is acting as a scorned lover.  This is the most interesting,  but least plausible answer
Don't we sinners act in this very same way, resenting the goodness of God because of our wickedness and blaming our moral failures on His love for us, ever since... Eden?  Nay, in my decades on this earth I've come to the conclusion that this is the most plausible answer.
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2017, 10:04:09 AM »
this song

Lol. I hear that song every other time I go to McDonalds now.
"We are all human beans. What is left now is for each of us to grow to our full potential in Christ." - Abba Hezekiah

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2017, 10:06:06 AM »

No he didnt. Do your reading.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2017, 10:08:59 AM »

Speaking as a professional who has a little bit of experience in this, you are not alone in psychiatric disease, but you are alone in your delusions of what causes it.  It is these delusions that make you keep going back, and not being realistic of the cause.  You reject Christianity now and curse it, but you will still go back, which means it is something else that is damaging you, not Christianity.

Your brain is like any other body part.  It could get physically damaged just as much someone with heart disease.  Physical damage of the brain can lead to psychological issues, and certain emotional or rational issues other people can handle you may not.  Like heart disease.  Some people can handle lifting weights, but it may hurt those with heart disease even more.  You are no different.  Your damage is from within you, not from Christianity, and you need to realize that in yourself, and take it easy.

I wanted to compare your mental issues to physical issues because the fact of the matter is we are all weak and prone to diseases within ourselves, and there is no shame in that other than to recognize it and to live a healthy life according to your own personal capabilities.

So, cheer up, there's hope for you.  But don't displace your anger and blame Christianity.  Blame nature, and overcome it with the help of your doctor.

God bless.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:09:55 AM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2017, 10:11:12 AM »
And what put him there was not Christianity, but his sin of not loving.  The same kind of sin that puts one in hell.
You dont know that you hypocrite. Who are you to judge whether or not Nietzsche went there because of lack of love?  You evil man.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2017, 10:14:10 AM »
this song

Lol. I hear that song every other time I go to McDonalds now.

I wish I lived near you.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2017, 10:14:35 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche#Psychological_illness_and_death_.281889.E2.80.931900.29

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2017, 10:20:34 AM »

Speaking as a professional who has a little bit of experience in this, you are not alone in psychiatric disease, but you are alone in your delusions of what causes it.  It is these delusions that make you keep going back, and not being realistic of the cause.  You reject Christianity now and curse it, but you will still go back, which means it is something else that is damaging you, not Christianity.

Your brain is like any other body part.  It could get physically damaged just as much someone with heart disease.  Physical damage of the brain can lead to psychological issues, and certain emotional or rational issues other people can handle you may not.  Like heart disease.  Some people can handle lifting weights, but it may hurt those with heart disease even more.  You are no different.  Your damage is from within you, not from Christianity, and you need to realize that in yourself, and take it easy.

I wanted to compare your mental issues to physical issues because the fact of the matter is we are all weak and prone to diseases within ourselves, and there is no shame in that other than to recognize it and to live a healthy life according to your own personal capabilities.

So, cheer up, there's hope for you.  But don't displace your anger and blame Christianity.  Blame nature, and overcome it with the help of your doctor.

God bless.

No, I do not agree with you.
The Sign and Prayers to the Blessed Virgin Mary

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2017, 10:30:31 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche#Psychological_illness_and_death_.281889.E2.80.931900.29
Lol. Does it say he killed himself?

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2017, 10:32:20 AM »

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2017, 10:35:34 AM »

No, but what it does say isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of the man.
That doesnt matter; what you think is unimportant. My reaction was against the ignorant belief that Nietzsche killed himself

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2017, 10:46:27 AM »

No, but what it does say isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of the man.
That doesnt matter; what you think is unimportant. My reaction was against the ignorant belief that Nietzsche killed himself

Look, you criticised the apostles as greedy, condemned Christianity as a dangerous ideology, and claimed that central figures in the history of Christian thought (i.e., Chrysostom) were evil, so it's not like it's unfair for us to look at the Nietzsche you revere and consider whether he was any better.  And at the very least, he was no better than the apostles or Chrysostom.  But actually he was worse:

What a sick bastard. He should have been locked up.

You said that about Chrysostom, but it was literally true of Nietzsche.

You're here to tell us that if we follow psychotic ideologies and their proponents, we too will be psychotic and make others psychotic.  You are by far greater proof of that than anything we are capable of.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:47:44 AM by Mor Ephrem »

Offline LivenotoneviL

• Done
  • OC.net guru
  • Intercede for my wretched soul, Saint Alban.
  • Faith: Outside the Church
  • Jurisdiction: Lost for now.
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2017, 10:48:18 AM »
I wonder if anybody else has noticed the parallel between Nietzsche's death and Raskolnikov's dream in "Crime and Punishment."

Considering that Nietzsche's philosophy primarily consisted in believing that Christianity was simply an excuse to give power to weak individuals, and that the true natural progress of mankind is to revert to our animalistic instincts and cause harm to others, much of what Beebert is arguing in his sophistic ways......

and that Dostoevsky basically spent that entire novel attacking such a concept by showing the pain and suffering one is caused when they execute the power they have in an immoral manner - it drives them to insanity, and causes them to have PTSD over hugging abused horses.

That is, human beings are unique in the fact that we actually have, by nature, a conscience and a unique ability to see between what is morally right and morally wrong.

I tend to think that God doesn't work in mere arbitrary coincidences.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:54:08 AM by LivenotoneviL »
I'm done.

Offline Sharbel

• OC.net guru
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2017, 10:49:59 AM »
You dont know that you hypocrite. Who are you to judge whether or not Nietzsche went there because of lack of love?  You evil man.
Of course, I do, by reading Nietzsche.  His Über Mann is evil personified.  When he put one stripe of men above all others, he showed his hate for the human kind.  You want to know what hell is like?  Nietzsche's life.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:50:20 AM by Sharbel »
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Munich and Freising
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2017, 11:09:25 AM »
Of course, I do, by reading Nietzsche.  His Über Mann is evil personified.  When he put one stripe of men above all others, he showed his hate for the human kind.  You want to know what hell is like?  Nietzsche's life.
Just wanted to quickly throw in the remark that he really called it Übermensch, which literally translates as "overhuman", not Über Mann.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:10:11 AM by Lepanto »
Sanctus Deus, Sanctus fortis, Sanctus immortalis, miserere nobis.

Offline Sharbel

• OC.net guru
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2017, 11:12:41 AM »
Just wanted to quickly throw in the remark that he really called it Übermensch, which literally translates as "overhuman", not Über Mann.
I of course never read him in German, but curiously Übermensch was typically rendered into singular forms, such as Super Man.  Thanks for jolting my memory correcting me.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:13:36 AM by Sharbel »
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Munich and Freising
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2017, 11:16:11 AM »
I of course never read him in German, but curiously Übermensch was typically rendered into singular forms, such as Super Man.  Thanks for jolting my memory correcting me.

Übermensch is also a singular form. Anyway, I tried to read him in German but it is really no pleasure ....
Sanctus Deus, Sanctus fortis, Sanctus immortalis, miserere nobis.

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2017, 11:22:41 AM »

Übermensch is also a singular form. Anyway, I tried to read him in German but it is really no pleasure ....

And the irony is too thick to breathe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensch

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2017, 11:32:55 AM »
1: he is acting as a scorned lover.  This is the most interesting,  but least plausible answer
Don't we sinners act in this very same way, resenting the goodness of God because of our wickedness and blaming our moral failures on His love for us, ever since... Eden?  Nay, in my decades on this earth I've come to the conclusion that this is the most plausible answer.

More boring, pedantic, and smug things like pride, vanity, and vainglory take precedence over something like that from my experience

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2017, 11:37:30 AM »

S by your standards, you are an alcoholic walking into a saloon, that sounds like trouble.  By my assessment,  a saloon where the bartenders and patrons don't  want you there to begin with, and are annoyed by your conversion stories and teetotaling loud speeches that drown out any useful sounds. 

Either way this isn't good for you, by your own standards.  So, Marvin K. Mooney will you please go now.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:38:07 AM by William T »

Offline Vanhyo

• High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Layman in the Bulgarian Orthodox Church
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2017, 11:45:15 AM »
If you ever manage to shake off this diabolical delusion of yours, remember to add this idiotic comment to your confession list.

My advice for you is to restrain yourself from posting as you are unable to discern the truth, your ability to reason is distorted by extreme pride, self-love and egotism.

Posting on theological matters in your condition is more dangerious than drinking and driving.
Oh my... Can't you come up with something on your own than the standard mediocre reply of a half-hearted Christian? Instead; explain the quotes from John Chrysostom and tell me why he should be regarded as anything else than a criminal.
It is not possible to explain to you anything, you are in a state of despondency. When this passion takes over, you completely lose control of yourself and are incapable of comprehending theological matters, from inside you are aggressively set to oppose everything that is related to God.

This state is usually caused by sloth toward christian virtue, and worldliness. Because the grace of God have withdrawn, you are entirely defenseless against the attacks of the demons, at this point no reasoning is helpful at all, even if someone is to give you all the correct answers you will still reject them and feel at enmity with God.

The only cure for your condition that i am aware of is complete repentance and confession in your mind and in your heart that you are wrong, you have to humble yourself and completely reject your errors, then commit yourself to set things right. It is a crucifixion of the ego and denial of your pride, when you do that, the demons will lose the right to "set/control your insides" and flee.

But let me give you an answer to your question anyway: You used the word "criminal", but if such thing as criminal exist, in all cultures throughout the world and throughout the ages, criminals are send to jail, and if there is a person who is persistent throughout his entire life in criminal acts and unrepentance, doesn't it seem fair that such will be thrown in jail and this decision will be with persistence and without change of mind ?

You see ? If you believe that criminals exist, in essence you are confessing the reality of Hell.

But let me get back on my point, my answer will not satisfy you in any way because of the state you find yourself in, for you no answer is possible regardless of how correct it is, to escape the state you find yourself in, you need is complete repentance of the mind and of the heart, confession/admission and humility.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:53:50 AM by Vanhyo »

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Protokentarchos
  • Pavel Florensky and Sergei Bulgakov
  • Faith: Neo-Patristic Synthesis
  • Jurisdiction: The thrilling romance of Holy Orthodoxy
« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2017, 11:51:24 AM »
If we all have lost our minds for Christ's sake, there is no talking sense to us. Christians should be fools in the world's eyes. I relish whenever someone says to be a Christian is madness. I'd rather go mad for Christ than conform to whatever stupidity the world deems as "wisdom". If beebert carried a lit lantern in daylight towards me and cried incessantly "Your religion is sick and a lie!", well if true I'd still much rather stay with Christ. There's nothing this world can offer as a sufficient alternative, it's all vanity.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2017, 11:56:20 AM »

It is not possible to explain to you anything, you are in a state of despondency. When this passion takes over, you completely lose control of yourself and are incapable of comprehending theological matters, from inside you are aggressively set to oppose everything that is related to God.

This state is usually caused by sloth toward christian virtue, and worldliness. Because the grace of God have withdrawn, you are entirely defenseless against the attacks of the demons, at this point no reasoning is helpful at all, even if someone is to give you all the correct answers you will still reject them and feel at enmity with God.

The only cure for your condition that i am aware of is complete repentance and confession in your mind and in your heart that you are wrong, you have to humble yourself and completely reject your errors, then commit yourself to set things right. It is a crucifixion of the ego and denial of your pride, when you do that, the demons will lose the right to "set/control your insides" and flee.

But let me give you an answer to your question anyway: You used the word "criminal", but if such thing as criminal exist, in all cultures throughout the world and throughout the ages, criminals are send to jail, and if there is a person who is persistent throughout his entire life in criminal acts and unrepentance, doesn't it seem fair that such will be thrown in jail and this decision will be with persistence and without change of mind ?

You see ? If you believe that criminals exist, in essence you are confessing the reality of Hell.

But let me get back on my point, my answer will not satisfy you in any way because of the state you find yourself in, for you no answer is possible regardless of how correct it is, to escape the state you find yourself in, you need is complete repentance of the mind and of the heart, confession/admission and humility.
Good tactic trying to make me insecure. Stuff like this is what drove me crazy before, Christians trying to call you influenced by the devil etc. Hell exists, and christianity made it full of people. Anyway; I can Tell you; I am 97 percent sure that christianity is based on a lie
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:56:35 AM by beebert »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2017, 11:59:45 AM »
So why are you here?

Do you go to a Japanese restaurant and ask why they don't have Mexican food?
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2017, 12:02:24 PM »
Hell exists, and christianity made it full of people.
I guess Sartre was right, Hell is other people.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2017, 12:07:03 PM »
You'd be surprised...

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2017, 12:14:20 PM »
So why are you here?

No I go to a restaurant that claims to serve good - even the best - food, but that in reality serves poison.