Author Topic: Jefferson Bethke had some good points but I don't think he is fully right  (Read 476 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
See video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

Martin Luther had good points but he sepetated himself from the church and even seemed to despise people in it. I don't think all despise and curse as he did

He also errs in saying salvation is by faith alone like those who don't believe they need to pursue or to be holy to see the Lord. They are not right that you don't need any works but could we be wrong though I think we may be right that not every life would be characterised by holiness someone repent at the end but normally they have an excuse why they couldn't be holy in the first hour

You can be right in many points but outside the church. Therefore to be saved in the church you should hear from others as you ask them to hear from you

We are perceived as believing in works needed for salvation like communion baptism and that you have to overcome sin

How can we preach we need to overcome sin which is proved by not desiring to give into temptation which is a pure heart and then ask for mercy when we didn't overcome before we die
It may be true we need to. I am feeling maybe I can if I follow orthodox. Psalm 1 promises if you mediate on the law of the law you will bear fruit in season

But is that really what orthodoxy teached is that what paul and Jesus taught ? Maybe as jesus said if our hand causes us to sin we should take drastic measures to avoid it. Maybe it takes a big struggle to be able to trust in the Lord for salvation. Salvation may only be hard because of the wolves in sheep clothing. If blind lead blind both will fall in ditch both parents and priests guide according to what they know but only God can save and make us come to Him

Those who have true knowledge will be sanctified a tree is known by its fruit he who is born of God does not sin. But we who sin have advocate with the father for we are babes in Christ but ought not to be babes but have mature knowledge

We are responsible if we act and teach less Christlike than Protestants for losing the flock. Am orthodox to be Protestant will make them not saved and we need to preach to these Protestants to get them in the church for they would join but as we don't I hope them saved even without joining

Also is there not some truth to below video ? We do not have to all have a life characterised by holiness but he is wrong to say we don't need to it seems. We should listen to all not to be deceived but judge righteously.
This guy was sent to prison on false charges

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GbxbxSciuV8

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/board,38.0.html

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
No, even Hovind's defenders acknowledge that he really was guilty of tax evasion. They just claim he got too harsh a sentence because he's a creationist.

Also, Hovind is an antisemitic, conspiracy slinging nutcase who has nothing worthwhile to say.
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
No, even Hovind's defenders acknowledge that he really was guilty of tax evasion. They just claim he got too harsh a sentence because he's a creationist.

Also, Hovind is an antisemitic, conspiracy slinging nutcase who has nothing worthwhile to say.

Ok you might be right
Thanks for replying

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
No problem. Sorry I can't speak better to the actual main point of your OP, though.
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
When jesus said he who believes in Me has everlasting life He was not referring to in the future but now is what was said in my bible study by our priest
This is probably true but I can not confirm that unless I have life now

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
When jesus said he who believes in Me has everlasting life He was not referring to in the future but now is what was said in my bible study by our priest

Well, you have the life of the Church and the Sacraments.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon

Well, you have the life of the Church and the Sacraments.

True I must use them to experience life

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Here is another one

https://hope1032.com.au/stories/faith/2017/re-discovering-jesus-part-10-get-right-king/

If we are good on our own without listening to Christians outside the church why has no priest taught me again delivering a personal message or messages or been able to move my heart to repent but I feel like with this message but don't know if I will
They may have done their job as priests I can not blame them but I prefer to listen to someone else so why do some want to forbid it

Protestants show what we must must change for some people to join the church and themselves. They want to see more boldness by some leaders to teach the truth and more of something
They want not to be blocked for delivering true sermons even if they are not priests
It is not the priests that block them but the people who only want to hear from priests
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:40:58 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Moses said I wish all people were filled with the Spirit
It is not an excuse not to join the church for they could serve they have not yet been kicked out and the church would receive them as priests to preach. And people in the church wouldn’t reject them after they have succeeded in their ministry outside the church and there is more to say that I know not what more to say
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:48:21 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
Here is another one

https://hope1032.com.au/stories/faith/2017/re-discovering-jesus-part-10-get-right-king/

If we are good on our own without listening to Christians outside the church why has no priest taught me again delivering a personal message or messages or been able to move my heart to repent but I feel like with this message but don't know if I will
They may have done their job as priests I can not blame them but I prefer to listen to someone else so why do some want to forbid it

Protestants show what we must must change for some people to join the church and themselves. They want to see more boldness by some leaders to teach the truth and more of something
They want not to be blocked for delivering true sermons even if they are not priests
It is not the priests that block them but the people who only want to hear from priests

Well, I guess that's what blogging is for lol.

I like the authorized lay preaching coming out of the Greek Orthodox Church in the US, even if it is a little cringy sometimes.

As a Protestant who still might convert someday, I don't really want the Orthodox Church to change for me (except for maybe denouncing historical crimes like the Iron Guard). I mean, I wouldn't mind laxer fasting regulations, but that's not a desire I should be indulging.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: Jefferson Bethke had some good points but I don't think he is fully right
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 01:39:43 AM »
I had a response but my phone died because I delayed to charge it

But blogging isn’t fun without knowing if anyone benefits from blog
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:41:21 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 01:49:21 AM »

Well, that's always the risk one takes when they put themselves out there. I enjoy plenty of blogs by non-priests.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 02:06:21 AM »
A Christian can’t be fruitful alone he needs supporters. I think there are no supermans in Christian faith.You need fellowship. I could be wrong.  I don’t want to speak to a wall my message may not be as relevant and there is no point of my message if I feel no one has need of it. Provided there are such good people that exist otherwise jesus says let the blessing return on your own head. They need to learn as well from others not just teach and how can they learn if they are separated from other believers ?

God intends all to be one body and take of communion
God performs a miracle when we take communion to show us we are one body
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:12:35 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 02:09:41 AM »
Actually I think you can succeed as a blogger but you have to be at a high spiritual level

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 02:18:48 AM »

Well, that's always the risk one takes when they put themselves out there. I enjoy plenty of blogs by non-priests.

All those who make blogs only do so if they really believe they would be changing someone  life.
They are happy where they are at. I am not
If I could gain more benefit from not separating and learning from others how to make things better why go at it alone. Why not seek support for your words than let Christ word be disrespected  ?
And how can we be sure our words are all that Christ would say and not more ? And with the same spirit ? Then we would regard many as evil who are not
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:29:53 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 02:32:39 AM »
I think you can blog but it will be less fun
You can be full of Christ alone but less fun. You can seek God alone and grow into fullness as long as you do not reject fellowship in some sense but with others it is more pleasant
You can blog alone but you got to be more skilled. You have to gain the skill
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:36:44 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 04:43:03 AM »
You only gain skill by practice.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 05:43:13 AM »
You only gain skill by practice.

I tried blogging I didn’t have much to say that will help people. I learn by experience if I am isolated from everyone I won’t have much experience to say anything good. And I must see something positive from my experience instead of focusing on the negative which is why I deleted most of my blogs. A lot of my posts we’re also from my confusion
I can write about true negative things rather than negative in my head

Maybe that is okay if I don’t make myself a guide but am more humble in my posts and more sensitive to people soul even though I wasn’t before intentionally insensitive but jesus said we ought to be able to test the spirits but who gave this command ? The apostles..and did not prevent others from listening to other view he said listen to Pharisees don’t do as they do. Because when you are preaching to them only then you are required to listen to them in the measure that is fair
He trusted us to know as He said beware of wolves in sheep clothing. I have tested the church and I have seen it has produced saints. I test Protestants and I find they reject communion for no reason
I test the doctrine of commmunion and find it gives peace and forgiveness of sins but I said have to choose to abide in that peace and love
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:55:55 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2017, 06:00:30 AM »
Which spirit are we told to beware of ? Every spirit that does not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. That which does not believe in the atonement and that jesus came to save us from our sins
For then they deny Christ is necessary for salvation
Do they have the fruit of wolves ? That they want to kill you  ? Not my church which sincerely worships jesus.
The wolf envy the peace of the sheep and shepherd care for it
Therefore those who know Someone is loved by God and want to bring them to enslavement is wolf in sheep clothing like Jews who wanted to add circumcision to believers out of envy only
But I believe the church truly thinks me lacking and want to help me
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:09:36 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2017, 06:14:13 AM »
And I am not harmed by the wolves teaching if I have Christ as Paul said if we add anything it will be burned but we will be saved but so as through fire but they harm the others
But take heed the foundation is of Christ that is we believe Christ died for our sins and was necessary for our Saving. Without Him we cannot be saved. And we believe the whole word is Christ and is the foundation of His teaching Who established the church

Not all protestants reject communion for no reason but I have never met one who as on second thoughts there was one on Christian forums who gave a plausible argument but I don’t think he really believes it and testing its argument I find it deficient

I want to correct something in post above this I meant  “I test the doctrine of communion and find it gives peace and forgiveness of sins but I still have to choose to abide in that peace and love”
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:27:46 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 06:32:15 AM »
Sorry to go on a long tangent I wonder if I should love lifestyle as a blogger if I am doing bad being here. That is a big responsibility and he who is not faithful over little can not be faithful over much