OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 07:56:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awaiting test results  (Read 4154 times) Average Rating: 0
YankeeLady

OC.net

« on: September 28, 2005, 09:45:15 AM »

I ask for your prayers as I await the results from blood tests to see if I have another recurrence of Graves Disease.  It's been in remission for 6 years and may be starting up again.  I'm pretty worried as I'm in a very precarious position with work and will definitely need medical benefits in order to treat the disease.

Thanks in advance for your prayers.

In Christ,

Photini
Stamfordguy

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 10:34:08 AM »

My wife and I will remember you in our prayers. Keep us updated. Smiley
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 11:21:12 AM »

Lord have mercy!

I know, these things are hard and you are anxious. Please try to remember that if you should have a recurrence of Grave's Disease, the Lord has given you a special cross, and I pray that you bear it well in bringing you closer to Him. Glory to God!

If you don't have a recurrence, then glory to God now as well!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 01:04:15 PM »

prayers - Lord have mercy.

hmmmm...
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 01:13:58 PM »

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on your servant Photini.             
YankeeLady

OC.net

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 10:19:19 AM »

Thanks everyone for your prayers.  No word yet--I may have to wait until next week.  It's a bit nerve-wracking but I'm hoping that "no news is good news."

In Christ,

Photini
Stamfordguy

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 11:08:22 AM »

We're praying for you both morning and evening. Hang in there.  Smiley
Timos
High Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 09:22:13 PM »

Don't lose hope in yourself and in God. Kirie Eleison
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 10:01:00 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
YankeeLady

OC.net

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 03:47:59 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement.  I finally heard from my doctor about my test results.  Most of the readings were normal but two tests were slightly elevated.  She wants me to wait until the end of the month and have more blood work done because it's not clear what's going on.  In other words, hurry up and wait.  I'm both relieved and apprehensive.  Continued prayers are appreciated.

Thanks!

In Christ,

Photini
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 04:51:46 PM »

good news so far! prayers continue of course...Lord have mercy.

In Christ,
Donna Mary

hmmmm...
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 06:45:25 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Stamfordguy

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 09:14:39 PM »

We have prayed for you daily and will continue to do so. May the Lord give you peace and complete healing.
FrChris
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 10:21:34 PM »

Still praying for you!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
YankeeLady

OC.net

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 01:00:02 PM »

I got the results from the last bunch of tests.  Not much has changed but the doctor thinks I may be in the early stages of Graves Disease and will have to be monitored closely.

I could bear this (I've been through a very severe case before) if it were not for the fact that my job situation is so bad that I don't know how I'll get through another day with my present employer.  I need the medical benefits but I really think the stress of working in this awful place triggered the episode of Graves in the first place (it's believed that stress is a major player in setting off the disease).

The depression I've been fighting for 10 years has gotten much, much worse.  Not a day (heck, not an hour) goes by that I don't think about suicide.  Where's God in all of this?  I'm trying so hard to not give in to despair, but the more I ask Him for help, the worse it gets.  I can't remember a time when the mental agony has been this bad.

Please keep me in your prayers.  I'm trying to pray about the problems of others and not be totally self-absorbed, but I feel I'm losing this battle.

Thank you.

Photini
FrChris
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 01:28:37 PM »

Photini,

Of course you are in my prayers.

Why do we suffer? There are many reasons, and perhaps you should speak to your priest for a direct one-on-one.

Never, never lose hope though! All our suffering is part of God's plan for us. We are not being punished, but being taught; or possibly you are so close to God that perhaps your suffering is to help you grow even more towards God. Perhaps your increased suffering now is how He knows you can serve Him and others.

Please take comfort though in knowing that your increased suffering is not some kind of divine punishment or meer coincidence. Our loving God has given you a great Cross to bear so that through this Cross you may glorify Him. I will pray that you take comfort in knowing that God has not deserted you; instead he has been thinking of you and you are never far from His thoughts.

I have to go, and I hope what I wrote is not shocking or bothering you....if I didn't have to go to class I could have spent more time on this and perhaps be more help to you.

EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 02:59:49 PM »

+++“Beloved [Photini], do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy." (1 Pet. 4:12)

Where's God in all of this?

I am reminded of a story in which a man was looking back at his life with the Lord. He viewed his life journey as footsteps in the sand, in which there were two sets of prints - one set was his, and the other was the Lord's. He noticed that in his most difficult times however, that there was only one set of footprints. He asked the Lord why during such times - when he needed the Lord the most - the Lord had apparently abandoned him and let him walk on his own. The Lord replied that He never abandoned him, and that those one set of footrpints were His (the Lord's), and that during such times He was carrying him, hence the one set of footprints.

The Lord is carrying you Photini; He has brought, and preserved you till this second; He is the source of all your strength. He is the reason that you have managed to cope thus far in spite of all your pain and tears, and He is the reason you will get through this. Continue to fight on, and He will continue to equip you with the armour you need - the only reason He has not intervened in the manner you so desire is that His will is not yet fulfilled, and as with St Anthony the Great, He knows that you have done so well to get this far - ten years of persistence! - why should He interfere, with the blessings you incur with each persistent step taken with such patience and faithful trust?

+++Abba Dorotheos once said: “If a man has a friend and he is absolutely certain of the fact that his friend loves him, and if that friend then does something to cause him suffering, he will surely be convinced that his friend acts out of love and never shall he believe that his friend does it to harm him.ÂÂ  How much more ought we to be convinced about God who created us, who drew us out of nothingness to existence and life, and who became a man for our sake and died for us, and who does everything out of love for us?

May the inercessions of the Theotokos, and the prayers of all the Saints be with you. Please do not despair; keep praying. Pray the prayer of St Matthew the Apostle, as attributed to him by St Ambrose, saying:

"Thee alone I follow, Lord Jesus, Who heals my wounds. For what shall separate me from the love of God, which is in Thee? Shall tribulation, or distress, or famine? I am held fast as though by nails, and fettered by the bonds of charity. Remove from me, O Lord Jesus, with Thy potent sword, the corruption of my sins. Secure me in the bonds of Thy love; cut away what is corrupt in me. Come quicldy and make an end of my many, my hidden and secret afflictions. Open the wound lest the evil humour spread. With Thy new washing, cleanse in me all that is stained. Hear me, you earthly men, who in your sins bring forth drunken thoughts: 1 have found a Physican. He dwells in Heaven and distributes His healing on earth. He alone can heal my pains Who Himself has none. He alone Who knows what is hidden, can take away the grief of my heart, the fear of my soul — Jesus Christ. Christ is grace, Christ is life, Christ is Resurrection! Amen."

P.S. If you find the time, I urge you to read Bishop Alexander's book "The Holy Fathers on Illness" from which I took the above prayer: It is available online here.

+Irini nem nomti (Peace and Comfort be with you)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 03:01:31 PM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
jlerms
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 03:14:50 PM »

Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior, have mercy on your servant Photini!  May God give you comfort and His all abiding grace.

praying for you,    Juliana
YankeeLady

OC.net

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 02:12:15 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers.  I have called my priest to arrange a time to talk with him yet again (this is a very old conversation between us).  Things never go well but I seem to completely derail myself about every 2 months.  I'm not sure why this is, but it happens.

EkhristosAnesti:  thanks for the link.  I read it and it helped a little.  I guess the hardest thing for me to understand is not that I suffer, but that I have no sense of God's presence in the midst of it.  I have only been Orthodox for a little over a year.  I didn't expect life to be easy once I was chrismated, but I did hope that the sacraments and participating in the life of the Church's would somehow help.  It's like there's a wall between me and God. I can't scale it myself no matter how hard I try and I cry and beg God to help me and there's just silence.  I really wonder if I believe anything anymore.  I often find myself crying during most of the Divine Liturgy and am actually depressed after I receive the body and blood of Christ.  I stay for coffee hour about 80% of the time but sometimes I just have to leave.  I'll often drive around for awhile before I go home.  There's just such a sense of disconnect between my life and the lives of my fellow parishioners.  I feel like a hypocrite even standing in church.  Why should I be there when I don't believe?  Sometimes the Church's talk about suffering is just more than I can bear.  Isn't there any room for happiness in Orthodoxy?

I'm basically an introvert and I really think that Orthodoxy is extrovert territory.  The people at my church are lovely, but I really don't think they understand my need to be alone sometimes.  It's just painful to be with people when I feel this down.  It's a double burden to both attempt to dig myself out of the hole of depression each morning and then hide it from others as much as I possibly can.  I have to admit to being a little defensive lately as well.  I know they're trying to help, but I've received so much unsolicited advice from church members about the job woes.  Sometimes I just want to scream and scream and scream. 

Thank you for your responses and prayers.  I'm not sure how receptive I am to some of the ideas, but thanks for the input anyway.  I wish God would help me get my act together.  I don't want to be a burden to others but I feel I'm not going to be able to take care of myself pretty soon.

Sorry for the rambling post.  I've had almost no sleep and I'm more than a little punchy.  God bless!

Photini
Stamfordguy

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 03:45:10 PM »

Good morning, Photini

I've pretty much stopped posting at this forum but I still do some reading and this morning your post struck me... deeply. First off, I want you to know that my wife and I continue to pray for you. Now... you obviously don't know us but here we are... two Christians struggling along with you and joining you in prayer to the Lord. Photini, you MUST believe that He hears our prayers... that He loves YOU... that He is able to resolve these problems (they are nothing to Him)... and that ultimately He will do what is best for you. You MUST believe this. Given that truth, I think we also need to remember the parable of the portunate woman.. .the one who continued to go before the unjust judge until she received her request. The Lord gave that parable as an example of our need to persevere in prayer. So... we all need to continue to ask the Lord for your healing (both physically and job-wise) AND we all (you included) need to trust the Lord. He is your "Groom"... He created you... He died for you... He loves and accepts you, warts and all.

I also want you to understand that both my wife and I experience the same feelings of disconnect with our parish. We drive two hours to reach our church and the drive takes us through the mountains and at a rather high elevation which essentially means... we cannot be in church on a regular basis. But I've a hunch that even if we were there weekly, that feeling of disconnect would still be present. So... what do we do? We go on going on. Often we both feel just as down as you've described even sometimes while in church but we continue plugging away. Both the enemy of our souls and our own fallen nature combine to deliver a knock-down punch much of the time but the important thing to do is to get back up. Uh huh... get back up and keep on struggling. Don't give up hope. THAT is the absolute worst thing that can happen. You must NOT lose hope. "Your faith has made you whole"... so many times the Lord has said this to many who came to Him for healing. Have faith, Photini.. even the faith of a grain of mustard seed... so very small! And bear in mind that others (my wife and I to name but two) are continuing to pray for you... okay?!

Now... march forward and tell the Lord that while you're confused and a little down... by golly.. you STILL LOVE HIM and nothing will drive that from you... nothing.

Talk to you later. Smiley
Timos
High Elder

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2005, 05:26:35 PM »

Photini, you and kng David had something in common:

"Lord rebuke me not in your anger, nor chasten me in your wrath.
For your arrows pierce me deeply, and your hand presses me down.
There is no health in my flesh...I go mourning all the day long...
I have roared from the groaning of my heart. Lord, all my desire is
before you; and my sighing is not hidden from you. My heart is
troubled and my strength has failed me; and the light of my eyes,
it has also gone from me. My friends and neighbours drew near and
stood against me...For in you Lord have I hope; you will hear me Lord
my God. For I said never let my enemies rejoice over me...Do not
forsake me Lord, my God, be not far from me. Make haste to help me,
Lord of my salvation."
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2005, 01:38:43 PM »

Dear Photini,

The worst thing you can do in your situation is despair and question the providence and authority of your Lord. A lot of people (as I myself have once experienced) misinterpret their periods of trial in a negative light, as if it be a penal response to their own sins, or even just a random chance of misfortune that the Lord simply chooses to ignore. They begin despairing, thinking that the Lord - being the loving and merciful God that He is — will witness this despair and deliver them in His pity towards them. They reason to themselves that the continuance of their condition indicates the lack of a divine response, the lack of the divine’s goodness, or maybe even the lack of the divine’s existence (when in fact it indicates all these things and more). They consequently become even more depressed, and as their faith diminishes, their outlook on themselves and their Lord is tarnished, and satan begins abusing their own emotions against them.

In effect, such a response counters the very purpose of their suffering; hence the Lord allows it to continue. It is like a metalworker attempting to purify a piece of metal; the more impurities therein, the more severe the process. Do not adopt the above impurities of despair, and crypto-disbelief, for you are only inhibiting the process of purification being carried out by means of your suffering, and belittling its meaning and value. According to my own personal experience, as I hope you will experience and learn for yourself, the most effective way for you to get through this period, is to recognise and believe that your suffering has the purpose of ultimately transforming and purifying you — it is for your sake and in your own best interests: "Sorrow is better than laughter, For by a sad countenance, the heart shall be made better"(Ecclesiates 7:3)

Once you have done this, you must reform your attitude and outlook to the situation, nay, your whole person and life, such that your direction is in sync with the will of God, that your sufferings' purpose may be achieved more effectively through perfect synergy — God’s initiation, your obedient response to that, and His assistance. This also means a shift in focus from your sufferings and misfortunes, to your sins, and the sufferings and misfortunes of others.

Finally, please make sure to have regular check-ups with your spiritual physician — your Father of Confession. Allow him to guide you through this trial step by step, and by the Lord’s will, you shall be vindicated to the glory of His Holy Name. Happiness has its due time Photini; however there is no real victory without war; no real glory without sweat, blood, and tears; and no real happiness/blessing without mourning (Matt. 5:4). Mourn Photini, but do not despair.

"For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'" (Isaiah 41:13)

May the prayers of the Saints continue to intercede on your behalf; remember me in your prayers also please.

+Irini nem makarismos
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 01:46:26 PM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
YankeeLady

OC.net

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 04:48:55 PM »

Thank you everyone for your prayers and input.  I'm standing back from the situation a little.  Some distance helps.

StamfordGuy - thank you for your kind words.  I hope your situation with your church improves.  My congregation is a very warm one.  I think you'd feel welcome there ( I don't think you live near Connecticut though, do you?)  I'm the one who feels out of place at church because I'm not particularly communal by nature.  I like being alone a good deal of the time and that seems to be anathema with most Orthodox.  Extroverts run the world, especially the Orthodox one.

EkhristosAnesti - You have my prayers.  Thank you for your input.  I think it's a little too severe for me right now, but I believe you intended your advice for my benefit.  I just need to not think about these things for awhile, otherwise I simply don't think I'll survive.

Eventually I'll connect with my priest. I have spoken with him on the phone at least.  There's going to be a lot happening at the church in the next couple of weeks, so that phone call will probably have to do for now.  Father is the kindest and best of men and has a deep personal faith, although sometimes he may be hindered by the very fact that he has such a strong faith himself.  I think he finds it difficult to understand how Orthodoxy (or Christianity in any of its expressions, for that matter) can begin to lose its meaning for someone.  I guess I see it as a beautiful philosophy that degenerates when one actually tries to live it.  I need to put it back up on the pedestal for awhile and observe it from afar. 

I realize that may not make sense to some of the posters here.  I apologize if this has offended anyone.

Photini

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2005, 06:27:19 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Stamfordguy

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2005, 05:44:49 PM »

I guess I see it as a beautiful philosophy that degenerates when one actually tries to live it.  I need to put it back up on the pedestal for awhile and observe it from afar. 

I realize that may not make sense to some of the posters here.  I apologize if this has offended anyone.

Photini

That doesn't offend me and in fact, makes sense. When you step back so to speak... go to the Theotokos and express yourself to her. You know as well as I that she will respond. She always does. Don't ever worry about offending when you are so willing to bare your doubts and discouragement publically. There's not a person here who hasn't' experienced what you're going through to one degree or another. We will continue to pray.
YankeeLady

OC.net

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

Thank you once again, Stamfordguy, for being so understanding (and everyone else who's tried to advise or has just prayed for me).  Sometimes it's frustrating to feel so alienated and upset when others appear to be so comfortable with their faith.  My priest has often told me that my view of the other parishioners is distorted.  I guess he should know more about their state than anyone else since he's their confessor! I just wish my faith were more of a source of strength and consolation rather than such a struggle.  What torments me the most is that I think I do a lot of damage to others as I'm trying to resolve these issues.  I don't produce much fruit (not the good kind anyway).  Whether at work or at church or at home, the emotional rollercoaster I'm on all of the time affects those around me.  I know how much I've been hurt by other people who lash out when they're in pain.  I don't want to do the same to them and I can't seem to help it.  So I try to withdraw even more just to minimize the damage.  I can't seem to break this cycle.

On a happier note, I went to our Church's Vespers service last night to celebrate today's feast of St. Nectarios (he's our church's patron).  I almost didn't go but I'm glad I did.  I felt more comfortable there than I have in a long time and I was able to say some of the prayers and mean them.  At home I'm keeping my prayers simple.  I do ask the Theotokos for help.  I know she understands.  But I do find that I can't pray the really ascetical Orthodox prayers.  I stick to the trisagion and the Lord's prayer and a few others in addition to my own simple ones.  A lot of the Orthodox prayers I've come across must have been written by monastics.  They ask God to purify us in very athletic ways and they're a just a huge barrier when I'm deep in depression.  They seem more like invitations for God to pummel us.  I find "Lord, have mercy" works much better  Smiley

I will be meeting with the doctor tomorrow to discuss the test results for Graves and how to proceed.  The appointment is at 11:15 (Eastern time).  Your prayers are appreciated.

Thank you!

In Christ,

Photini

Stamfordguy

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2005, 01:13:55 PM »

But I do find that I can't pray the really ascetical Orthodox prayers.ÂÂ  I stick to the trisagion and the Lord's prayer and a few others in addition to my own simple ones.ÂÂ  A lot of the Orthodox prayers I've come across must have been written by monastics.ÂÂ  They ask God to purify us in very athletic ways and they're a just a huge barrier when I'm deep in depression.ÂÂ  They seem more like invitations for God to pummel us.ÂÂ  I find "Lord, have mercy" works much betterÂÂ  Smiley

My wife and I will certainly continue to remember you in our prayers, particularly tomorrow morning.

I agree with you regarding your view of the prayers contained in our prayer manuals. As you rightly point out, many of those prayers were composed by ascetics and while they are certainly beneficial to us, like you I also tend to find some of them more a hindrance than a help. We seem to be on the same page in our prayers. My wife and I also pray the trisagion and the Lord's Prayer as well as a select few from the morning and evening prayer services and then add our own. Sometimes we simply pray the Lord's Prayer and leave it at that. This business of prayer is not an easy thing. I've struggled with it for years now in spite of reading many excellent books on the subject (i.e. Met Anthony Bloom's book). Probably the best advice is to keep it short and simple most of the time and talk to the Lord from your heart. Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned with following a rigid... "must finish all these morning/evening/communion prayers" ascesis. Best to talk with your priest about this but that's my take on it.

The Lord bless you and give you peace and healing.
Stamfordguy

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2005, 11:17:37 AM »

Good morning, Photini. Things are requiring my attention around here so I likely won't be back for some time (if at all). However, I wanted you to know that my wife and I will certainly continue to remember you in our prayers. May the Lord heal you completely and give you peace and joy.

Your sinful brother
YankeeLady

OC.net

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2005, 01:34:30 PM »

Thank you for your continued prayers, Stamfordguy.  I spoke with the nurse practicioner yesterday at my doctor's.  The blood work continues to show a gradual descent into Graves Disease.  I still have not overt symptoms.  I need to have more blood tests in a month to see if there's any change.

The nurse asked me a slew of questions.  One of them was, "Have you been under extraordinary stress lately?"  Of course I replied in the affirmative in regard to my employment situation.  She looked me straight in the eye and said, "I hate to tell you this, but that probably set off the new episode of Graves."  Nothing I didn't believe myself already.  It was oddly comforting to have someone else confirm this.  I have been trying to cope with an impossible situation and the whole time my "inner voice" was telling me it was time to call it quits.  It's funny how you can get used to being abused and begin to believe you don't deserve anything better.  I compromised my health for my previous employer (and ended up with concurrent cases of mono and full blown Graves Disease for my trouble).  I won't repeat that mistake!

Anyway, thanks for the prayers.  Keep 'em coming!  The job situation is really the most urgent.  I think the health issues will fall into place (or at least become manageable) once I'm in a healthier work environment.

God Bless!

Photini 
Stamfordguy

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2005, 11:41:51 PM »

Just checking in to say that my wife and I continue to remember you in our prayers. Up until now we've only prayed about the Graves' situation. We'll add the employment issue as well. Update? Huh
YankeeLady

OC.net

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2005, 03:43:41 PM »

Thank you for your prayers, Stamfordguy.  The job continues to be difficult.  Taking one day at a time is the only way to cope with it.  I need to be more diligent about the job search, that's certain.  It's rather time consuming and I've been inconsistent.  I'm also genuinely bewildered about what direction to follow.  Everything's a little fuzzy right now.

The Graves situation is not urgent yet (I don't feel sick at all, except for the anxiety related problems.  But I've always lived with those).  I go back for more blood tests in about 3 weeks.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!  God bless you and your wife!

In Christ,

Photini
jayjay

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2005, 10:45:29 PM »

Prayers from here too. My wife was diagnosed with Graves disease about 18 months ago. We saw a good doctor, and with some medication which is taken daily, it seems to keep it under control. But, always lots of check ups and blood tests, so we know what you are going through.
Stamfordguy

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2005, 11:05:58 AM »

How is the job situation, Photini?

Is there any update on the Graves'?

We continue to bring you before the Lord.

YankeeLady

OC.net

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2005, 04:47:35 PM »

Thank you for your prayers, everyone.  Jayjay, your wife is in my prayers.  This is my second round of Graves after six years in remission, so I'm sympathetic to her situation.  Looking on the bright side, at least it's treatable.  The options aren't great, but there are options.

Stamfordguy, thanks for the continuing prayers.  I am beyond miserable at the job.  It's a kind of mental agony I've never experienced before.  There's been lots of depression and anxiety over the years, but this is different.  If anyone had told me I could endure such misery, I wouldn't have believed it.  I find myself not much caring whether or not I get through this.  I just want to never have to work at this awful job another day.  I sent a resume out to a museum last week.  No reply yet.  I've tried to get my foot in that door twice before without success.  Perhaps third time's the charm!

RE: Graves disease.  I haven't noticed any symptoms yet except increased hair loss (thank God I've got a full head of hair!)  I will have another set of blood tests done no later than the 16th and I return to the doctors office to find out the results on the 29th.  Until then I just have to wait and pray and hope for a miracle.

You and your wife are in my prayers.  Hope all is well.

God bless everyone who has replied to my posts or has prayed for me.

In Christ,
Photini
Stamfordguy

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2005, 09:43:44 PM »

I'm truly sorry to hear about the job situation. I can well imagine how difficult it must be to have to wake up each day and go to a job that leaves you so discouraged and depressed. We'll begin praying about the job, Photini.

Thank you for your prayers for us. We're going through our own little struggle with the Orthodox Faith right now. I find it so cold.. so unwelcoming... that at times we simply go to another church to sort of feel welcomed and loved again. Oh well... we'll keep hanging in there. We do appreciate your prayers. Smiley
Stamfordguy

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2005, 01:19:56 AM »

Any updates on the job situation and the blood work? We remember you in our prayers. I also pray that our Lord will send you his special blessings during this season and throughout the new year. Hopefully it will be one of health and happiness for all!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: