OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 07:21:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spanish-language articles, links, resources?  (Read 1509 times) Average Rating: 0
Mat. Elizabeth

« on: September 27, 2005, 11:47:07 PM »

Please forgive the English. If my husband was home, he could post in Spanish, but, alas, I do not have that skill... and he is off helping with IOCC hurricane relief efforts this week.

We are trying to put together a site which includes as many links, liturgical services, resources, articles and information about Orthodox Christianity in Spanish-language on our new website at: www.stgeorgepantry.org

If you know of resources which are not included, please let us know so they can be included, on behalf of all.  We are also very interested in finding and adding to the site liturgical music in Spanish.

Thank you for your assistance!  In Christ,  Mat. Elizabeth Perdomo

St. George's Orthodox Church
Pharr, Texas (on the border with Mexico, where Spanish and Spanglish are the "local languages"...
Roberto

Faith: Ortodoxa
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

San Hilarión Troitsky, Ruega a Dios por nosotros

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 12:48:34 AM »

Matushka Elisabeth:

Me dio mucha alegría ver la página que han hecho (me enteré por Hisporto), así cada vez más habrá más información para educar en la Fe a quienes tenemos al Español como lengua materna.

No dejen de seguir adelante

En Cristo

Roberto León Ramírez
(Rocor), Santiago de Chile

Diácono Roberto León Ramírez
Mat. Elizabeth

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 09:25:41 AM »

Muchas gracias, Roberto! 
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 12:32:25 PM »

Hello Matushka...
I would recommend http://www.fatheralexander.org/page18.htm, this site is famous, & very good by all accounts.  To use it on your page though you would have to contact the site's administrator, and since Vladyka Alexander died 2 weeks ago, I am not sure who that would be.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Mat. Elizabeth

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 10:52:09 PM »

Thank you, Ania.  Many years ago, when we were just beginning HISPORTO - back when we still lived in Georgia, Bishop Alexander gave us permission to use anything we wanted to on Hisporto or in our missionary efforts to reach out to Spanish-speaking people both in the USA and throughout the world. His site is excellent, and He will be greatly missed.

In Christ, Mat. Elizabeth P.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: