OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 12:01:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is smoking marijuana a sin?  (Read 41472 times) Average Rating: 0
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2013, 08:55:14 PM »

What amazes me is the blatant admission of so many people here to breaking a sound and just law, for no other reason than they disagree with that law and based off of their own desires they do what they want.  This clearly is NOT a Christian action, in any way, any form, under any delusion, but I watch as these people squirm to justify their actions as if I am the one they need to convince they did not do wrong.  Boggles the mind and saddens the soul.
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2013, 09:15:41 PM »

You just need to get out more Kerdy. Your sense oh outrage is really funny. Lol
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2013, 09:22:52 PM »

Marijuana alters a person’s state of mind in the same way drunkenness, anger, jealousy, and other sins alter a person’s state of mind.  This is why it is wrong.  This is why it is sinful.  Getting high in no way glorifies God.  What it does do is open a person up to Satan and his influence.  It places a wedge between that person and God.  It becomes a crutch, a vice.  People can argue, use sarcasm, or whatever tool they have to attempt to qualify their sin as acceptable, but they need to understand they are wrong and in the end will be held accountable.  That is just the way it is.  I don’t really care if you like it or how much you want it to be different.  I didn’t make the rules.  I just do my best to follow them.  Perhaps you folks should do the same.

And breaking man’s law which does not contradict Gods law is another wrong, another sin, not that some of you seem to care. 
Byzantine2008
Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2013, 09:37:22 PM »

Marijuana alters a person’s state of mind in the same way drunkenness, anger, jealousy, and other sins alter a person’s state of mind.  This is why it is wrong.  This is why it is sinful.  Getting high in no way glorifies God.  What it does do is open a person up to Satan and his influence.  It places a wedge between that person and God.  It becomes a crutch, a vice.  People can argue, use sarcasm, or whatever tool they have to attempt to qualify their sin as acceptable, but they need to understand they are wrong and in the end will be held accountable.  That is just the way it is.  I don’t really care if you like it or how much you want it to be different.  I didn’t make the rules.  I just do my best to follow them.  Perhaps you folks should do the same.

And breaking man’s law which does not contradict Gods law is another wrong, another sin, not that some of you seem to care. 

As a former user of this drug I totally agree with your sentiments.

Let your will be done O Lord Jesus Christ through the intercession of you All Pure Mother and all the saints!
Deep Roots
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Catholic

« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2013, 09:42:36 PM »

What amazes me is the blatant admission of so many people here to breaking a sound and just law, for no other reason than they disagree with that law and based off of their own desires they do what they want.  This clearly is NOT a Christian action, in any way, any form, under any delusion, but I watch as these people squirm to justify their actions as if I am the one they need to convince they did not do wrong.  Boggles the mind and saddens the soul.
aww do you need some comforting??

Peace.
choy
Archon

« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2013, 09:45:38 PM »

I always believe that intent and purpose sets what is sin and what is not.  Are there medical applications of this drug?  Yes.  Obviously that is not covered by what is sin.  But I agree with what you say about its recreational purpose.  Even though we are allowed to drink wine, it does not mean we should drink 'til we're drunk.  But if there is a good intention and a good purpose to the use, then surely one can use.

I speak as one who has ADD and frequently and regularly take something that "alters my state of mind".  But it is in a very positive way, not to get high.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #231 on: February 13, 2013, 09:50:04 PM »

Arizona court OKs marijuana DUI cases

An appeals court has issued a ruling that upholds the right of authorities to prosecute pot smokers in Arizona for driving under the influence even when there is no evidence that they are actually high...
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2013, 10:12:19 PM »

Arizona court OKs marijuana DUI cases

An appeals court has issued a ruling that upholds the right of authorities to prosecute pot smokers in Arizona for driving under the influence even when there is no evidence that they are actually high...

I miss living in Arizona.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2013, 04:58:14 AM »

Is being a drunkard a sin?  Yes!
Is consuming Marijuana a sin?  Yes!
Is consuming alcohol a sin?  No.

“Why do you feel this way, Kerdy?“

Well, I am glad you asked.  As I have stated before, one can consume alcohol without getting drunk.  I have never met anyone who can consume MJ and not get high, even if they feel like they haven’t. 

You assume intoxication effects are always sinful. Wedding in Cana proves otherwise. Christ made wine for drunk people and made them more drunk.

Now there is conjecture.....
How do you know people were drunk?

St. John says so:

"When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now."
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2013, 05:40:15 AM »

Well, I am glad you asked.  As I have stated before, one can consume alcohol without getting drunk.  I have never met anyone who can consume MJ and not get high, even if they feel like they haven’t. 

You assume intoxication effects are always sinful. Wedding in Cana proves otherwise. Christ made wine for drunk people and made them more drunk.

St. John says so:

"When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now."
You seem to be reading what you want it to say.  For instance, if I say, "Mike drunk from the stream", would that mean clean fresh water inebriated you?
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2013, 05:56:50 AM »

St. John says so:

You seem to be reading what you want it to say.  For instance, if I say, "Mike drunk from the stream", would that mean clean fresh water inebriated you?

Use your brains:

What would be the reason to serve better alcohol first, and then - the worse one?
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2013, 06:21:32 AM »

St. John says so:

Use your brains:

What would be the reason to serve better alcohol first, and then - the worse one?
Use your brains.  Taste.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2013, 06:37:22 AM »

St. John says so:

Use your brains:

Use your brains.  Taste.

How?
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2013, 06:49:00 AM »

Is being a drunkard a sin?  Yes!
Is consuming Marijuana a sin?  Yes!
Is consuming alcohol a sin?  No.

Well, I am glad you asked.  As I have stated before, one can consume alcohol without getting drunk.  I have never met anyone who can consume MJ and not get high, even if they feel like they haven’t.  

St. John says so:

You seem to be reading what you want it to say.  For instance, if I say, "Mike drunk from the stream", would that mean clean fresh water inebriated you?

Use your brains:

Use your brains.  Taste.

How?

I take it you do not drink much wine.  Bad wine gets you just as drunk as good wine so saving the bad wine till the end to get toasted makes little sense.  In fact, those who have the intent of getting plastered rarely do so at the expense of a $50+ bottle of wine.  They tend to get the cheaper stuff and save the good wine for a time when they can enjoy it.  Also, after you have had a glass or two of wine (good wine), a cheaper wine does not taste as bad.  The wine plays a trick on your taste buds.  It is a money saver, not a drunk program.  This is why when attending a wine tasting, very little is wine is used.

Of course, this is not to say no one at this party didn't get drunk, but you seem to be attempting to say this was the only purpose of the wine and it's Jesus' fault they did, which is complete silliness.

But now, if possible, could we stop the rabbit hole distraction of alcohol and focus on the problems if marijuana?

ADDITION:  If they were so intoxicated, how did they know it was good wine and make a comment about saving it until the end?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 06:52:47 AM by Kerdy » Logged
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #239 on: February 14, 2013, 07:06:50 AM »

ADDITION:  If they were so intoxicated, how did they know it was good wine and make a comment about saving it until the end?

You know, some people don't drink on weddings: grooms, drivers, organisers, headwaiters...
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2013, 07:34:04 AM »

ADDITION:  If they were so intoxicated, how did they know it was good wine and make a comment about saving it until the end?

You know, some people don't drink on weddings: grooms, drivers, organisers, headwaiters...

I fail to see your point. (If they weren’t drinking, how would they know good from bad wine?)

But since we are still focused on alcohol rather than marijuana in the effort to redirect the discussion, I would like to address the alcohol makes people more aggressive comment.  We will take this wedding.

Three days of partying, drinking wine, and according to some, getting lit up like a Christmas tree (and placing the blame on our Lord).  So, why was Jesus not talking about the dangers of drunkenness and anger?  I say it is because these things were not happening, but let’s say they were, just for fun.  Why was Jesus not in the center of the Octagon refereeing the fights?  I can see it in my mind’s eye.

Jesus:
In this corner, wearing the white robe, is Steve.  Weighing in at 130 pounds, 5 feet 4 inches tall and no professional fights.  Steve is rumored to have a really mean left jab.

In the other corner, also wearing a white robe, but a little more dingy than Steve’s, is Ted.  Weighing in at 137 pounds, 5 feet 5 inches and sporting a one inch reach advantage, also with no professional fights, Ted has been accused of being a Samaritan heretic and goggling at Steve’s wife, although for the life of me I can’t imagine why.

Gentlemen, let’s have a clean fight.  No hitting below the sash.  Follow my commands, and commandments, at all times.  Now, to your corners.  
Are you ready?  *Steve shakes head*
Are you ready?  *Ted shakes head*

LET’S GET IT ON!!!!!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:34:23 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #241 on: February 14, 2013, 08:10:39 AM »

I broke no law when I smoked pot.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #242 on: February 14, 2013, 08:18:52 AM »

In fact, those who have the intent of getting plastered rarely do so at the expense of a $50+ bottle of wine.  They tend to get the cheaper stuff and save the good wine for a time when they can enjoy it.  

To elaborate, I will speak of personal experience.  Since my Scotch consumption has been mentioned, I will use this.

My favorite Scotch is a Speyside.  Of these, my favorite right now is Glenlivet.  For my regular, “I think I will have a drab while reading” or what have you, I partake of the 12 year.  When I want to sit back and really deliberate on the nuances of the flavor, I prefer to enjoy their 18 year.  In all actuality, I don’t prefer one over the other as they are different; however, at almost triple the cost, I am not going to consume the 18 year while watching, reading or some other activity in which I cannot truly enjoy what is in my glass.  And neither do I consume for intoxicating purposes.  The amount and the time spent to finish what I pour I doubt I would register more than a 0.02% BAC on an intoxilyizer, on a bad day.

Were my intention to become inebriated and vomit on myself while someone takes pictures for Facebook, I would not spend $30+ dollars on an agreeable Scotch, I would spend $10 on cheap Bourbon.  I also wouldn’t spend money on an illegal/controlled substance where one inhalation gets me high. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:20:59 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #243 on: February 14, 2013, 08:19:16 AM »

What amazes me is the blatant admission of so many people here to breaking a sound and just law, for no other reason than they disagree with that law and based off of their own desires they do what they want.  This clearly is NOT a Christian action, in any way, any form, under any delusion, but I watch as these people squirm to justify their actions as if I am the one they need to convince they did not do wrong.  Boggles the mind and saddens the soul.

If you smoked it in the USA you did.  But, for the sake of clarification, are you speaking of man or God's laws?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:20:22 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #244 on: February 14, 2013, 08:23:33 AM »

What amazes me is the blatant admission of so many people here to breaking a sound and just law, for no other reason than they disagree with that law and based off of their own desires they do what they want.  This clearly is NOT a Christian action, in any way, any form, under any delusion, but I watch as these people squirm to justify their actions as if I am the one they need to convince they did not do wrong.  Boggles the mind and saddens the soul.

If you smoked it in the USA you did.  But, for the sake of clarification, are you speaking of man or God's laws?

Man's laws. But I'm also quite unconvinced that I broke God's laws.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #245 on: February 14, 2013, 08:27:08 AM »

Man's laws. But I'm also quite unconvinced that I broke God's laws.
USA or abroad?
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #246 on: February 14, 2013, 08:27:51 AM »

The Netherlands.

-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #247 on: February 14, 2013, 08:28:25 AM »

Didn't know Kerdy was so vocal on the ganj, but yet so silent on other, and more, pertinent issues.

Some folks smoke to be more relaxed, others for medical reasons.

You're a nut, Kerdy.
20 days of warning for personal attack - MK
Upgrade to 30 days of moderation because the user had already been warned - MK

Your post moderation has been reduced to two weeks.  In the future please make every effort to respectfully treat all posters and not violate Forum Rules. - LizaSymonenko GM

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:30:44 AM by LizaSymonenko » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #248 on: February 14, 2013, 08:30:21 AM »

The Netherlands.

I don't know about their laws,so you very well may not have broken man's law.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #249 on: February 14, 2013, 08:35:16 AM »

Didn't know Kerdy was so vocal on the ganj, but yet so silent on other, and more, pertinent issues.

Such as?  I am vocal on many issues.  If I see one which I feel I should remark, I do, like abortion.  (I once mostly spoke of politics, but now having pulled away from that almost entirely, I no longer speak of it if I can)  And MJ is a pertinent issue.  It’s the precipice of legalizing dangerous drugs in America.

Some folks smoke to be more relaxed

Which is recreational and wrong.

Some folks smoke … for medical reasons.

Such as?  Since people like to toss out there are no medical and scientific peer reviewed studies to show Marijuana is bad, perhaps you would not mind presenting all of those which have proven substantial medicinal purposes unachievable elsewhere.  Like the ones that don’t exist for the DEA to reschedule MJ and the supreme court supported them.

You're a nut, Kerdy.
I can live with it.  
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:48:59 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #250 on: February 14, 2013, 08:36:31 AM »

Oh and BTW, recreational usage of marijuana is legal in Colorado.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »

It is NOW (not when a lot of people were getting high illegally before), according to state law, but there is that pesky federal law thing still out there which supersedes state law. 
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #252 on: February 14, 2013, 08:58:27 AM »

But for real, if anybody has a legit contact in maryland, let me know.   angel

Peace.
Pericles

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. Archdiocese of Thyateira & Great Britain.

« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2013, 09:01:14 AM »

I also wouldn’t spend money on an illegal/controlled substance where one inhalation gets me high.
Thats certainly not cannabis then, it sounds more like Crack!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 09:01:27 AM by Pericles » Logged

Graecia capta ferum victorem cepit.
zoarthegleaner
Elder

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #254 on: February 19, 2013, 11:31:16 AM »

Was posted...."Unfortunately, if you're Orthodox and openly claim to be so and openly smoke weed you will bring a bad name to the faith for the sake of your indulgence in a bodily pleasure which is illegal in our country and unacceptable in our culture. If I'm in a place where drinking alcohol is offensive I don't do it because it is not necessary for the faith.

I don't think the issue of bringing a bad name is relevant to the discussion.

our Lord let his disciples to pick grains of wheat to satisfy immediate pleasure of hunger on the Sabbath day, talk about bringing a bad name on yourself...

John

Courteous is my name,
and I have always aimed to live up to it.
Grace is also my name,
but when things go wrong
its Courteous whom I blame;
but its Grace who sees me through it.
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #255 on: February 19, 2013, 11:44:20 AM »

to satisfy immediate pleasure of hunger

Huh

Hunger = necessity. Raw grains of wheat are not that pleasurable, nor in themselves a scandal or addictive...

It probably takes some heavy marijuana smoking to envisage Our Lord and his disciples passing through a field of cannabis and allowing them to indulge in a good smoke, so as to satisfy a craving or give scandal to the righteous Pharisee. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:15:33 PM by Romaios » Logged
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #256 on: February 19, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »

is this the right forum for posting pics of our bowls and glass pipes, etc? 

Let's post pics of our pieces! 

Peace.
Cavaradossi
法網恢恢,疏而不漏
OC.net guru

Faith: Chalcedonian Automaton Serial No. 5Aj4bx9
Jurisdiction: Chalcedonian Automaton Factory 5

« Reply #257 on: February 19, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »

It is NOW (not when a lot of people were getting high illegally before), according to state law, but there is that pesky federal law thing still out there which supersedes state law. 

A law which the federal government had no business passing. I'm not really for smoking marijuana, but the federal laws concerning marijuana have the most ridiculous constitutional justifications.

Be comforted, and have faith, O Israel, for your God is infinitely simple and one, composed of no parts.
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #258 on: February 19, 2013, 12:09:25 PM »

I imagine it must be on the same board where one can post pictures of one's sex toys, BDSM equipment and other such paraphernalia.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:11:43 PM by Romaios » Logged
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #259 on: February 19, 2013, 12:14:34 PM »

I imagine it must be on the same board where one can post pictures of one's sex toys, BDSM equipment and other such paraphernalia.
so...yes?

Peace.
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2013, 12:17:33 PM »

so...yes?

I haven't seen any thus far - so probably not.  Grin
Android_Rewster
Raving fanatic of Jesus Christ

Faith: Not a Protsetant anymore

I need you so much closer

« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »

I could go smoke some pot right now, legally, and I would feel nothing pressure on my conscience. I live in Washington, and I know the effects Marijuana has on me(personally, first hand). For some people I know, they get violent and dangerous.

For me? I get hungry and tired and relaxed.

Sure, I'm not 100% self-aware, but that doesn't mean I'm completely depraved. Some people shouldn't smoke it, some people it wouldn't hurt.

I don't smoke it, by the way. :p Mainly for the permanent brain damage it causes... >_>
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2013, 02:18:55 PM »

Coming in a little late on this one- oh well

Such as?  I am vocal on many issues.  If I see one which I feel I should remark, I do, like abortion.  (I once mostly spoke of politics, but now having pulled away from that almost entirely, I no longer speak of it if I can)  And MJ is a pertinent issue.  It’s the precipice of legalizing dangerous drugs in America.

I think the part to prove is that dangerous drugs should be illegal. Or that by removing legal barriers to procuring and regulating said drugs the way we do other consumer products that these drugs would still be anywhere near as dangerous.

According to who?

Such as?  Since people like to toss out there are no medical and scientific peer reviewed studies to show Marijuana is bad, perhaps you would not mind presenting all of those which have proven substantial medicinal purposes unachievable elsewhere.  Like the ones that don’t exist for the DEA to reschedule MJ and the supreme court supported them.
How about the perfectly legal drugs made from marijuana by drug companies because research has shown that marijuana- or more accurately the psychoactive ingredient THC- has more than a few medicinal benefits? We can argue about the motives behind the DEA and Feds to not reschedule marijuana itself, but the fact remains that it has many perfectly legitimate medicinal purposes. Smoking the plant can even bypass some of the worst of the consequences that cancer patients using the legal pharmaceutical pill version face- the pill is often prescribed to increase appetite after chemo, however, it is difficult to hold anything in one's stomach after chemo.

You're a nut, Kerdy.
I can live with it.  

Well, I'm certainly glad you can live with being the moral Pope of recreational users and judge of the AMA. You'd have fit right in with the people who pushed for and voted for the 18th Amendment.

It is NOW (not when a lot of people were getting high illegally before), according to state law, but there is that pesky federal law thing still out there which supersedes state law

Not by any right governance of the American people as set forth in the Constitution. The Federal government has been operating illegally for quite some time.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2013, 02:53:50 PM »

I think the part to prove is that dangerous drugs should be illegal. Or that by removing legal barriers to procuring and regulating said drugs the way we do other consumer products that these drugs would still be anywhere near as dangerous.

In Romania, the "ethnobotanical" crap was (probably still is) legal. It caused a massive epidemic of addiction, all sorts of health hazards and even deaths, especially among teenagers.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2013, 07:46:12 PM »

Quote from: FormerReformer

Not by any right governance of the American people as set forth in the Constitution. The Federal government has been operating illegally for quite some time.

Shocked

Wow.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2013, 07:59:34 PM »

Quote from: FormerReformer

Shocked

Wow.
That caught my eye too. Suffice it to say. Long live Calhoun! Wink
Although I think recreational drugs should be legal. I mean most people under a certain age do them anyways.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2013, 08:32:56 AM »

Let's post pics of our pieces! 
No.

No.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2013, 08:33:44 AM »

A law which the federal government had no business passing. I'm not really for smoking marijuana, but the federal laws concerning marijuana have the most ridiculous constitutional justifications.
Which, sadly or not, is of no relevance.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2013, 08:36:40 AM »

Such as?  I am vocal on many issues.  If I see one which I feel I should remark, I do, like abortion.  (I once mostly spoke of politics, but now having pulled away from that almost entirely, I no longer speak of it if I can)  And MJ is a pertinent issue.  It’s the precipice of legalizing dangerous drugs in America.

According to who?

How about the perfectly legal drugs made from marijuana by drug companies because research has shown that marijuana- or more accurately the psychoactive ingredient THC- has more than a few medicinal benefits? We can argue about the motives behind the DEA and Feds to not reschedule marijuana itself, but the fact remains that it has many perfectly legitimate medicinal purposes. Smoking the plant can even bypass some of the worst of the consequences that cancer patients using the legal pharmaceutical pill version face- the pill is often prescribed to increase appetite after chemo, however, it is difficult to hold anything in one's stomach after chemo.

You're a nut, Kerdy.
I can live with it.  

Well, I'm certainly glad you can live with being the moral Pope of recreational users and judge of the AMA. You'd have fit right in with the people who pushed for and voted for the 18th Amendment.

It would take far too long to properly break apart your post and too much board space, so I will simply say, "Fail" and leave it at that.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:37:19 AM by Kerdy » Logged
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #269 on: February 23, 2013, 04:26:24 PM »

Such as?  I am vocal on many issues.  If I see one which I feel I should remark, I do, like abortion.  (I once mostly spoke of politics, but now having pulled away from that almost entirely, I no longer speak of it if I can)  And MJ is a pertinent issue.  It’s the precipice of legalizing dangerous drugs in America.

According to who?

You're a nut, Kerdy.
I can live with it.  

It would take far too long to properly break apart your post and too much board space, so I will simply say, "Fail" and leave it at that.
FAIL!
Tags: sin Orthodox Christian Fellowship marijuana alcohol drugs bee in bonnet pot weed 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: