OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 28, 2014, 07:35:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is smoking marijuana a sin?  (Read 37373 times) Average Rating: 0
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #810 on: August 07, 2013, 11:18:17 PM »

If a person does not have a terminal illness as an excuse to smoke MJ and the only reason they would smoke it is to get high, how is this acceptable?

Come on folks…you advocates really should be able to do as you demand of others and back up your claims.

My question in regards to this line of reasoning is

If assisting in illness pain control is the only reason for a mind altering substance, then how is there any justification for drinking alcohol at all?

While there are differences, sure, both are mood/mind altering, causing a form of intoxication. Both can be abused to the point of addiction.

So riddle me this....why is one 'not a sin' while the other very clearly to you 'is sin'

To play this game, you must first answer the question.  Peter made the rules.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #811 on: August 07, 2013, 11:19:17 PM »

He doesn't have to answer your questions, since you're now dodging another question I asked you following your answer to my previous question.

And I don’t have to answer yours or anyone elses.  See how this works?  Crazy, huh?

I’m dodging nothing.  Last I checked, you don’t get the monopoly on asking questions.
Never said I did have such a monopoly, but when you are asked a question, the rules of polite debate require you to answer the question before you can ask a question of your own. When you answered my last question, I replied to your answer with another question, which is my prerogative. That puts the ball back on your side of the court, and you don't get to answer a question with a question.

You ask, someone answers and you follow up with a response to that answer with another question skipping the part where you actually have to defend your own views or answer questions.  Wrong.  You can put your behind in the hot seat for a change or expect nothing else in return.
Fine, if that's the way you want to play. I'm still not answering your question until you first answer mine.

I'm not going to answer your question until you first answer mine.
I did, now get busy answering my question.
No, you have to answer my question in a way that satisfies me that you're actually answering the question. You don't get to tell me that you answered and push the ball down my throat. The ball is in your court. It's your turn to hit it. So far you haven't even tried.

Regardless of whether the smoking of marijuana is legal, is it still a sin to smoke it even once and without the intent to get high? Why or why not? Until you answer that question, I will not answer yours. If you've already answered this question before, then either quote or copy-and-paste the answer you submitted previously.
Thats a different question.  I see, PTA rules only work for PTA.  Got it.  Unless you can actually contribute, don’t ask any more questions.  As you said, no one has to answer questions.  Now, answer mine or I won’t answer anymore of yours.  It stinks when you are required to play by your own guidlines, doesn't it?
No. I'm not asserting anything or advocating any position, so I have nothing to prove. You, however, are asserting that the smoking of marijuana is a sin. Therefore, it's your burden to prove it. That's how debate works. If you don't want to answer my questions, that's certainly your prerogative, but I'm not going to let you push me into answering your questions when the ball is in your court.
Dodged again.  Answer the question Peter.
No.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #812 on: August 07, 2013, 11:21:33 PM »

He doesn't have to answer your questions, since you're now dodging another question I asked you following your answer to my previous question.

And I don’t have to answer yours or anyone elses.  See how this works?  Crazy, huh?

I’m dodging nothing.  Last I checked, you don’t get the monopoly on asking questions.
Never said I did have such a monopoly, but when you are asked a question, the rules of polite debate require you to answer the question before you can ask a question of your own. When you answered my last question, I replied to your answer with another question, which is my prerogative. That puts the ball back on your side of the court, and you don't get to answer a question with a question.

You ask, someone answers and you follow up with a response to that answer with another question skipping the part where you actually have to defend your own views or answer questions.  Wrong.  You can put your behind in the hot seat for a change or expect nothing else in return.
Fine, if that's the way you want to play. I'm still not answering your question until you first answer mine.

I'm not going to answer your question until you first answer mine.
I did, now get busy answering my question.
No, you have to answer my question in a way that satisfies me that you're actually answering the question. You don't get to tell me that you answered and push the ball down my throat. The ball is in your court. It's your turn to hit it. So far you haven't even tried.

Regardless of whether the smoking of marijuana is legal, is it still a sin to smoke it even once and without the intent to get high? Why or why not? Until you answer that question, I will not answer yours. If you've already answered this question before, then either quote or copy-and-paste the answer you submitted previously.
Thats a different question.  I see, PTA rules only work for PTA.  Got it.  Unless you can actually contribute, don’t ask any more questions.  As you said, no one has to answer questions.  Now, answer mine or I won’t answer anymore of yours.  It stinks when you are required to play by your own guidlines, doesn't it?
No. I'm not asserting anything or advocating any position, so I have nothing to prove. You, however, are asserting that the smoking of marijuana is a sin. Therefore, it's your burden to prove it. That's how debate works. If you don't want to answer my questions, that's certainly your prerogative, but I'm not going to let you push me into answering your questions when the ball is in your court.
Dodged again.  Answer the question Peter.
No.
You remember this moment.  I sure will.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #813 on: August 07, 2013, 11:21:54 PM »

John? 
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #814 on: August 08, 2013, 01:02:21 AM »

Tell me John, do you really thinks its ok for people to smoke pot?  Do you really think there is nothing wrong with it?

You are dodging the question again.  I will happily answer you once you finally address this:

That said, your logic, if true, is true only in the United States. What about those countries of this world that don't criminalize the smoking of pot (a particularly important question, since OCnet is truly an international discussion board)? Is it still a sin in those countries to smoke pot even once and without the intent to get high? If so, why? If not, why not?

This is the obvious question to your view that it is wrong because it is illegal. 

And please don't just give another one-liner.

Sorry, I'm not letting you answer a question with a question.

you have to answer my question in a way that satisfies me that you're actually answering the question. You don't get to tell me that you answered and push the ball down my throat. The ball is in your court. It's your turn to hit it. So far you haven't even tried.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #815 on: August 08, 2013, 01:23:01 AM »

-Do you really thinks its ok for people to smoke pot? 
-Do you really think there is nothing wrong with it?
-When is it acceptable for a Christian to get high for the purpose of getting high.

Putting legality issue aside, 3 x yes provided it's done in moderation, not very often etc. Same like alcohol.

You say its ok to smoke pot, there is nothing wrong with it and it’s acceptable for Christians to get high for the sake of getting high.  Perhaps you can elaborate on this and explain your answers and provide supporting evidence for your answers with examples, writings, research, etc.  Something.  Take one at a time so the answers don’t get confusing.

When is it ok to smoke pot?
How do you know for certain there is nothing wrong with pot?
When is it ok for a Christian to get high for the sake of getting high?

Answered to all many times here.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #816 on: August 08, 2013, 01:31:02 AM »

-Do you really thinks its ok for people to smoke pot? 
-Do you really think there is nothing wrong with it?
-When is it acceptable for a Christian to get high for the purpose of getting high.

Putting legality issue aside, 3 x yes provided it's done in moderation, not very often etc. Same like alcohol.

You say its ok to smoke pot, there is nothing wrong with it and it’s acceptable for Christians to get high for the sake of getting high.  Perhaps you can elaborate on this and explain your answers and provide supporting evidence for your answers with examples, writings, research, etc.  Something.  Take one at a time so the answers don’t get confusing.

When is it ok to smoke pot?
How do you know for certain there is nothing wrong with pot?
When is it ok for a Christian to get high for the sake of getting high?

Answered to all many times here.

I have not seen any clear answer from you on the matter.  I have seen personal opinion, but nothing explained in much, if any, detail.  Perhaps just starting with the last question would make it easier.  Maybe you can alter my opinion slightly.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #817 on: August 08, 2013, 01:33:02 AM »

When it's not fast. When they do not commune the other day. When they do not have any seriously serious duties that day and  the day before.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #818 on: August 08, 2013, 01:45:38 AM »

When it's not fast. When they do not commune the other day. When they do not have any seriously serious duties that day and  the day before.

Thank you for answering, but this does not explain why you think this.  There is no explanation to support your opinion, unless of course you concede it is only your opinion, nothing more, at which point we move on.

EDIT:
For instance...how is it ok to get high on pot, but not ok to be drunk on wine?  That sort of thing.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:47:13 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #819 on: August 08, 2013, 01:48:35 AM »

And if you want to talk about fallacies, you can start with the senseless desire to compare MJ with wine.

Did no one actually get what I said here?
DeniseDenise
Tiredness personified
Archon

Faith: Catechumen no more!

« Reply #820 on: August 08, 2013, 01:51:57 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA

You repeatedly tear into other people and keep asking them to justify their position on this issue.

yet you NEVER say anything beyond 'justify yourselves and how you could POSSIBLY condone this dreadful sin' yet you have not yet given any evidence to show it IS a sin, let alone a dreadful one.

You ask 'how is it ok?'   yet you never ever state 'how it is not ok', i.e. actually give your proof or rationale

Please secure your own oxygen mask before assisting other passengers.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #821 on: August 08, 2013, 01:54:24 AM »

For instance...how is it ok to get high on pot, but not ok to be drunk on wine?  That sort of thing.

These are equeal.

No one treats you as an authority in theology or Church matters, sorry.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:55:22 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #822 on: August 08, 2013, 01:56:19 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA

You repeatedly tear into other people and keep asking them to justify their position on this issue.

yet you NEVER say anything beyond 'justify yourselves and how you could POSSIBLY condone this dreadful sin' yet you have not yet given any evidence to show it IS a sin, let alone a dreadful one.

You ask 'how is it ok?'   yet you never ever state 'how it is not ok', i.e. actually give your proof or rationale

I invite you to read all the pages, not just the last two.  You will see a very different picture painted there.  These last two are my utilizing their own system of debate against them.  As you can see, they do not like it very much.  As I stated, Peter made the rules.  I’m just working with them now myself.  However, unlike Peter, I won’t ask you 15 more questions before answering your response or not answering at all.  Answer and in turn I will answer.  I actually have an answer prepared for you.  I’m just waiting.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:59:21 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #823 on: August 08, 2013, 01:57:01 AM »

For instance...how is it ok to get high on pot, but not ok to be drunk on wine?  That sort of thing.

These are equeal.

But we are instructed not to be drunk, so which is it?  You say its ok to get high, but you also say they are equal which would mean it is not ok.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:07:20 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #824 on: August 08, 2013, 01:58:17 AM »

No one treats you as an authority in theology or Church matters, sorry.

This makes no sense at all. Huh
DeniseDenise
Tiredness personified
Archon

Faith: Catechumen no more!

« Reply #825 on: August 08, 2013, 02:01:09 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA

You ask 'how is it ok?'   yet you never ever state 'how it is not ok', i.e. actually give your proof or rationale

I invite you to read all the pages, not just the last two.  You will see a very different picture painted there.  These last two are my utilizing their own system of debate against them.  As you can see, they do not like it very much.  As I state, Peter made the rules.  I’m just working with them now myself.  However, unlike Peter, I won’t ask you 15 more questions before answering your response.  Answer and in turn I will answer.  I actually have an answer prepared for you.  I’m just waiting.

your own system of debate is combative, not geared towards actual discussion of the issue or even convincing the other side of your points. (something actual competitive debate aims towards)

Basically you just want to be RIGHT, so that you can continue to feel superior to the folks that you feel 'condone sin' all around you.

If this is how you enjoy spending your time, you quite likely need to evaluate this and take a serious look at why you enjoy being polemic, or in internet-lingo, a troll.

Have a wonderful night, its pointless discussing anything beyond the weather with you.

Please secure your own oxygen mask before assisting other passengers.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #826 on: August 08, 2013, 02:06:14 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA

I invite you to read all the pages, not just the last two.  You will see a very different picture painted there.  These last two are my utilizing their own system of debate against them.  As you can see, they do not like it very much.  As I state, Peter made the rules.  I’m just working with them now myself.  However, unlike Peter, I won’t ask you 15 more questions before answering your response.  Answer and in turn I will answer.  I actually have an answer prepared for you.  I’m just waiting.

your own system of debate is combative, not geared towards actual discussion of the issue or even convincing the other side of your points. (something actual competitive debate aims towards)

Basically you just want to be RIGHT, so that you can continue to feel superior to the folks that you feel 'condone sin' all around you.

If this is how you enjoy spending your time, you quite likely need to evaluate this and take a serious look at why you enjoy being polemic, or in internet-lingo, a troll.

Have a wonderful night, its pointless discussing anything beyond the weather with you.

So you also refuse to answer questions.  How convenient, expected and boring.  Very well, I will delete the response I prepared for you.    You have a wonderful night as well.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #827 on: August 08, 2013, 02:08:59 AM »

Is there anyone else who refuses to proceed according to their own actions?  I see people like to be on the offensive, but avoid being on the defensive at all costs. 
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #828 on: August 08, 2013, 02:12:45 AM »

And if you want to talk about fallacies, you can start with the senseless desire to compare MJ with wine.

Ok, I will explain. I was the one who made the comparison.   There is no fallacy.  I was told they were different, then magically everyone wanted to use the two as a comparison even though they said it was a bad comparison.  It boggles the mind. police
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #829 on: August 08, 2013, 02:28:46 AM »

Is there anyone else who refuses to proceed according to their own actions?  I see people like to be on the offensive, but avoid being on the defensive at all costs. 
You don't get to take the offensive just because you want to. You're the only person I see here trying to actually make a point. Many others have tried to get you to prove your point, but so far you have refused. You don't get to turn the tables on them, especially when they're not trying to prove anything.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #830 on: August 08, 2013, 02:37:32 AM »

Thread locked pending review by this section's moderator
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #831 on: August 10, 2013, 07:11:48 AM »

Handled taking care of this particular thread to PeterTheAleut. His already done and following actions here have my full support and approval.

this section's mod
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:13:06 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #832 on: August 17, 2013, 11:24:19 PM »

Seeing that a lot of fruit can grow out of a discussion of this subject, I am reopening this thread, though with some formal conditions.

Kerdy, seeing that your refusal to give clear answers to questions asked of you is the primary force that drove this thread off topic, and pursuant to the rule I cite below, if you wish to resume participation in this discussion, you are to give to the following questions answers that satisfy your questioners:
1. Is the smoking of marijuana even once and with no intent to get high a sin? What evidence from Scripture and Tradition can you cite to support your point?
2. Any other questions that may be asked of you in the course of this discussion.

Your participation in this thread is optional, in which case you will not be required to answer any questions. However, if you choose to participate, you must answer the above questions within 24 hours after your next post on this thread. Failure to give satisfactory answers will incur formal discipline, to include formal warnings and post moderation.

If you feel that this action is wrong, feel free to discuss it with me via private message (and only via private message).

From the Rules Page:
* References & Proof -- Occasionally a moderator will make a formal request (i.e. in green font, explicitly stating that they're asking as a mod and not a user) for clarification of a point, references to support a point, or "proof" of an assertion made in the course of discussion.  Sometimes this request will come with a "time limit" or other stipulation requesting expediency.  These requests are made in order to facilitate open and honest discussion, without knowingly or unknowingly propagating false information.  Do not be offended by such requests, but do make all haste in fulfilling them, in order to allow productive and edifying discussion to continue.  We are just trying to meet our responsibility of fairness and remember we will all face the ultimate judge, Christ himself. We really want to make sure that our site is not responsible for advertising falsehoods whenever possible. No one on our moderation team is assuming anything you have said is not true; and, conversely, no one is assuming that your point is true just because you meet a minimum standard of "support." It is just confusing to try and figure out all the details and we are trying to be cautious. This is how Orthodox people are supposed to take all things, with a discerning spirit. Thank you for your understanding. We value your input on this site.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:25:13 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #833 on: August 17, 2013, 11:29:28 PM »

If smoking tobacco is a sin, so is smoking marijuana. It is the smoking that appears, from what I've seen mentioned by Elder Paisios and others especially from Russia in past centuries, that is a passion.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Deep Roots
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Catholic

« Reply #834 on: August 17, 2013, 11:32:48 PM »

Well if fr. paisios says it...

Peace.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #835 on: August 17, 2013, 11:46:36 PM »

Then it comes from a reliable source, especially when confirmed by so many others. But if one doesn't like it, then one can do as one pleases and find out for oneself.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #836 on: August 18, 2013, 08:59:49 AM »

First symptom of dwindling Orthodoxy.  Sad
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #837 on: August 18, 2013, 09:36:19 AM »

Wink just checking on items toxic for dogs and what do I find listed, you guessed it!
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #838 on: August 18, 2013, 10:12:08 AM »

Wink just checking on items toxic for dogs and what do I find listed, you guessed it!
Chocolate and salmon are toxic for dogs, too, but both have been shown healthy for human consumption. Try again.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #839 on: August 18, 2013, 10:15:55 AM »

How can one teach dog to smoke? I know some dogs drink beer but smoking seems too difficult.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

« Reply #840 on: August 18, 2013, 12:22:44 PM »

Chocolate and salmon are toxic for dogs, too, but both have been shown healthy for human consumption. Try again.

Even my poor attempt at light hearted humour has to be taken with an almost Calvinistic disdain. Have you no humour? Perhaps it's something pot does not improve.  Cheesy
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #841 on: August 18, 2013, 12:43:34 PM »

will you be okay?

Peace.
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #842 on: August 18, 2013, 02:01:28 PM »

will you be okay?

Not really. But thanks for asking. 

The world would be a better place, if you were Orthodox.  Wink
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #843 on: August 18, 2013, 02:15:02 PM »

will you be okay?

Not really. But thanks for asking. 

haha perhaps

Peace.
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #844 on: August 18, 2013, 02:36:12 PM »

haha perhaps

For sure: "Acquire the Spirit of peace, and thousands around you will be saved." That's all Orthodoxy is about.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #845 on: August 18, 2013, 03:52:35 PM »

Even my poor attempt at light hearted humour has to be taken with an almost Calvinistic disdain.
Remember that. It was a poor attempt at humor in a medium where even good attempts often get lost in the text. Wink

Have you no humour? Perhaps it's something pot does not improve.  Cheesy
Do you know how to tell a joke? Wink
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

« Reply #846 on: August 18, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »

Even my poor attempt at light hearted humour has to be taken with an almost Calvinistic disdain.
Remember that. It was a poor attempt at humor in a medium where even good attempts often get lost in the text. Wink

Have you no humour? Perhaps it's something pot does not improve.  Cheesy
Do you know how to tell a joke? Wink

When I try I'll let you know.  Wink

Memo to self: look up "telling jokes for dummies" on Amazon
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #847 on: August 18, 2013, 08:43:33 PM »

Memo to self: look up "telling jokes for dummies" on Amazon

Bet you thought that didn't exist. http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Idiots-Guide-Jokes/dp/1592575382/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376873767&sr=8-1&keywords=telling+jokes+for+dummies  Cool

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #848 on: August 18, 2013, 08:49:50 PM »

I'm late to this conversation, but I am absolutely dumbfounded by how many posts there are on this.  And, frankly, this is such a ridiculous topic that I Cannot believe that every possible angle has not been covered already.  What's the only reason to continue this?  There's no consensu, people are going to keep talking past each other for another 800 responses.  Seriously, what's the point?

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #849 on: August 18, 2013, 09:00:40 PM »

I'm late to this conversation, but I am absolutely dumbfounded by how many posts there are on this.  And, frankly, this is such a ridiculous topic that I Cannot believe that every possible angle has not been covered already.  What's the only reason to continue this?  There's no consensu, people are going to keep talking past each other for another 800 responses.  Seriously, what's the point?
What's your point in submitting such a post as this? Wink
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #850 on: August 18, 2013, 09:56:04 PM »

seriously.

i totally answered this a long time ago.  No, is the answer.

Cheesy

Peace.
scamandrius
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #851 on: August 18, 2013, 10:29:16 PM »

That this "discussion" has gone on for long enough.  We've had way too many asinine discussions on this board lately, e.g. Harry Potter and Obama voters, which jurisdiction is most Irish, etc. 

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #852 on: August 18, 2013, 11:00:23 PM »

I'm late to this conversation, but I am absolutely dumbfounded by how many posts there are on this.  And, frankly, this is such a ridiculous topic that I Cannot believe that every possible angle has not been covered already.  What's the only reason to continue this?  There's no consensu, people are going to keep talking past each other for another 800 responses.  Seriously, what's the point?

That this "discussion" has gone on for long enough.  We've had way too many asinine discussions on this board lately, e.g. Harry Potter and Obama voters, which jurisdiction is most Irish, etc.  
If you don't like the discussion, you don't have to read it. It would probably be better you not read the discussion than comment on how asinine it is.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:01:15 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
scamandrius
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #853 on: August 18, 2013, 11:40:04 PM »

I'm late to this conversation, but I am absolutely dumbfounded by how many posts there are on this.  And, frankly, this is such a ridiculous topic that I Cannot believe that every possible angle has not been covered already.  What's the only reason to continue this?  There's no consensu, people are going to keep talking past each other for another 800 responses.  Seriously, what's the point?

That this "discussion" has gone on for long enough.  We've had way too many asinine discussions on this board lately, e.g. Harry Potter and Obama voters, which jurisdiction is most Irish, etc.  
If you don't like the discussion, you don't have to read it. It would probably be better you not read the discussion than comment on how asinine it is.

You're right; I don't.  But that shouldn't stop me from calling a spade a spade or an asinine topic an asinine topic.  How long can you really talk about an asinine subject anyway? This is an appeal to stop the madness.

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #854 on: August 19, 2013, 12:01:19 AM »

You're right; I don't.  But that shouldn't stop me from calling a spade a spade or an asinine topic an asinine topic.  How long can you really talk about an asinine subject anyway? This is an appeal to stop the madness.
If you really think this thread should be locked, then feel free to use the Report to Moderator function to request that it be locked. Otherwise, if all you want to do is complain, I ask you informally to just keep quiet and leave this thread alone.
Tags: sin Orthodox Christian Fellowship marijuana alcohol drugs bee in bonnet pot weed 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: