OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 12:30:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is smoking marijuana a sin?  (Read 37174 times) Average Rating: 0
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #585 on: July 23, 2013, 09:37:04 AM »

Alcohol does more damage than pot.

"Copiare il vero può essere una buona cosa, ma inventare il vero è meglio, molto meglio. "
-Giuseppe Verdi
john_mo
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #586 on: July 23, 2013, 09:38:06 AM »

Personally I find it subtly offensive, as if they are assuming that all those who don't think marijuana is a sin would naturally be pro abortion, pro-divorce, pro-heroin, etc., etc.  

So, one drug to get high is ok, but not another?  How in the world does that work?

You tell me.

I already addressed this.  You can beat a dead horse if you like, but its dead...and I clarified clearly on these.  Ignore what I said if you like.

I keep seeing you repeat this.  I have not read anything where you addressed how alcohol and/or cigarettes are qualitatively superior to marijuana.  Could you please cut and paste what you have said, or point me to the post where you said it?

I'm not calling you a liar, but I just find it strange why you have trouble repeating yourself here when you have no problems repeating yourself in other areas.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:42:10 AM by john_mo » Logged

Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind.

—G.K. Chesterton
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #587 on: July 24, 2013, 03:28:34 AM »

Ignore what I said if you like.

I do because nothing you write has any sense.

I will try a little harder to make it simple in the future for you.
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #588 on: July 24, 2013, 03:29:32 AM »

Personally I find it subtly offensive, as if they are assuming that all those who don't think marijuana is a sin would naturally be pro abortion, pro-divorce, pro-heroin, etc., etc.  

So, one drug to get high is ok, but not another?  How in the world does that work?

Do you have any idea how sheltered you sound when you say things like this?  

Do you have any idea how silly the idea that I am sheltered sounds?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:35:31 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #589 on: July 24, 2013, 03:31:13 AM »

Alcohol does more damage than pot.

You have the studies to show how little damage pot does?  It's easy to say when alcohol has been examined in depth for many years and MJ has not been equally examined, rather difficult to support.
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #590 on: July 24, 2013, 03:31:46 AM »

You tell me.

I already addressed this.  You can beat a dead horse if you like, but its dead...and I clarified clearly on these.  Ignore what I said if you like.

I keep seeing you repeat this.  I have not read anything where you addressed how alcohol and/or cigarettes are qualitatively superior to marijuana.  Could you please cut and paste what you have said, or point me to the post where you said it?

I'm not calling you a liar, but I just find it strange why you have trouble repeating yourself here when you have no problems repeating yourself in other areas.

Okay
LBK
Moderated
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #591 on: July 24, 2013, 03:33:09 AM »

So, one drug to get high is ok, but not another?  How in the world does that work?

Do you hove any idea how silly the idea that I am sheltered sounds?

The 22-year-old lad calling "sheltered" a man likely old enough to be his grandfather.  Roll Eyes
john_mo
High Elder

« Reply #592 on: July 24, 2013, 03:51:09 AM »

So, one drug to get high is ok, but not another?  How in the world does that work?

The 22-year-old lad calling "sheltered" a man likely old enough to be his grandfather.  Roll Eyes

Perhaps there is some humor here that I'm missing, but unless Kerdy was able to have a child when he was 9, then he would not be old enough to even be my father, much less my grandfather.  Plus, since when did simply living a for a certain number of years make someone ineligible to be called "sheltered"?  Regardless...

Kerdy, I wasn't saying that you yourself were sheltered, but just that you sounded like you have been sheltered from actual information about marijuana in general.  I'm sorry if I made it seem like I was attacking you as a person. 

Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind.

—G.K. Chesterton
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #593 on: July 24, 2013, 03:55:39 AM »

Perhaps there is some humor here that I'm missing, but unless Kerdy was able to have a child when he was 9, then he would not be old enough to even be my father, much less my grandfather.  Plus, since when did simply living a for a certain number of years make someone ineligible to be called "sheltered"?  Regardless...

Kerdy, I wasn't saying that you yourself were sheltered, but just that you sounded like you have been sheltered from actual information about marijuana in general.  I'm sorry if I made it seem like I was attacking you as a person. 

No worries. 

I have only done a few hundred investigations so you are right, I have little actual information about MJ.  I also never went to high school.
LBK
Moderated
Merarches

« Reply #594 on: July 24, 2013, 03:59:40 AM »

Perhaps there is some humor here that I'm missing, but unless Kerdy was able to have a child when he was 9, then he would not be old enough to even be my father, much less my grandfather.  Plus, since when did simply living a for a certain number of years make someone ineligible to be called "sheltered"?  

I do not know Kerdy personally, but his writing style and expressed life experience suggests he's a good deal older than 22. Seems I overestimated his age by quite a bit - so that makes ME the ancient crock between the three of us.  Shocked laugh
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 04:07:42 AM by LBK » Logged
john_mo
High Elder

« Reply #595 on: July 24, 2013, 04:07:43 AM »

Perhaps there is some humor here that I'm missing, but unless Kerdy was able to have a child when he was 9, then he would not be old enough to even be my father, much less my grandfather.  Plus, since when did simply living a for a certain number of years make someone ineligible to be called "sheltered"? 

I do not know Kerdy personally, but his writing style and e4xpressed life experience suggests he's a good deal older than 22. Seems I overestimated his age by quite a bit - so that makes ME the ancient crock between the three of us.  Shocked laugh

And by my writing style I'm some 22 y/o snot?  It's not like I say things like YOLO in my posts, heck I don't even use LOL. 

Anyway, we should all have a beer together. 

LATERZ PEEPS!  I'M OUTTIE! 

(not even sure this anymore)

—G.K. Chesterton
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #596 on: July 24, 2013, 08:33:59 AM »

This drug induces a lack of drive in users, impairs the reactions of drivers and induces a very nasty psychosis in susceptible adolescents (all of which I have seen and in the case of the last been part of the clinical team treating such cases. The stink is odious as a trip around my neighbourhood testifies. A neighbour who did complain was told by the considerate next door folks to close his windows if he didn't like the pong. With temperatures in the high 70s - low 80s that advice was considerate, not.

If you use this substance in a jurisdiction where it is illegal it is a sin.

And no, I feel much the same about excessive or binge alcohol consumption especially having seen what damage it does to lives and livers.
john_mo
High Elder

« Reply #597 on: July 24, 2013, 09:01:30 AM »

This drug induces a lack of drive in users, impairs the reactions of drivers and induces a very nasty psychosis in susceptible adolescents (all of which I have seen and in the case of the last been part of the clinical team treating such cases. The stink is odious as a trip around my neighbourhood testifies. A neighbour who did complain was told by the considerate next door folks to close his windows if he didn't like the pong. With temperatures in the high 70s - low 80s that advice was considerate, not.

The lack of drive is the same as with alcohol.  The smell is irrelevant to sin, otherwise it can be a sin cooking salmon.  Though, I do think the fact that it can be inconsiderate may be a sin.

I find this line of thinking strange.  Since the decision on what is sinful left to the government?  They should have no jurisdiction on such matters.  If you were to eat Chinese food with MSG in it in Australia, that would be breaking the law since MSG is banned in that country.  Would this be sinful though?  See how strange it sounds?  Whether or not something is sinful shouldn't depend on one's location.

And if you are going to let the government determine whether or not weed is sinful, then is it not sinful if you use it in a place where it's legal?

And no, I feel much the same about excessive or binge alcohol consumption especially having seen what damage it does to lives and livers.

I agree, and that is the connection that others and myself have been trying to say about marijuana.  It is not categorically different to drinking.  

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:03:37 AM by john_mo » Logged

—G.K. Chesterton
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #598 on: July 24, 2013, 10:55:43 AM »

I find this line of thinking strange.  Since the decision on what is sinful left to the government?  

An argument can be made from the Scripture, including Sts. Peter and Paul, that this is so, as well as Church history.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:55:57 AM by Asteriktos » Logged
john_mo
High Elder

« Reply #599 on: July 24, 2013, 11:10:33 AM »

I find this line of thinking strange.  Since the decision on what is sinful left to the government?  

An argument can be made from the Scripture, including Sts. Peter and Paul, that this is so, as well as Church history.

Predictably, I kindly request some examples.

—G.K. Chesterton
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #600 on: July 24, 2013, 11:14:17 AM »

Here's a biblical example:

"Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God. Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king." - 1 Pet. 2:13-17
john_mo
High Elder

« Reply #601 on: July 24, 2013, 11:35:49 AM »

Here's a biblical example:

"Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God. Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king." - 1 Pet. 2:13-17

It really depends on how far you want to take such verses.  To me it seems obvious that we should take the spirit of this teaching.  Thus, it is clearly not saying that the laws of the land determine what is sinful and what isn't.  However, Christians should try as much as possible to live as law-abiding citizens so that we don't cause others to think our religion to be something undesirable. Still, it seems that a strict interpretation of this scripture would be legalistic in the highest sense... when we determine what is right or wrong based on (earthly) laws.

This is besides the point, however, because it begs the question "what if consuming marijuana was legal?"

—G.K. Chesterton
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

« Reply #602 on: July 24, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »

The lack of drive is the same as with alcohol.  The smell is irrelevant to sin, otherwise it can be a sin cooking salmon.  Though, I do think the fact that it can be inconsiderate may be a sin.

I find this line of thinking strange.  Since the decision on what is sinful left to the government?  They should have no jurisdiction on such matters.  If you were to eat Chinese food with MSG in it in Australia, that would be breaking the law since MSG is banned in that country.  Would this be sinful though?  See how strange it sounds?  Whether or not something is sinful shouldn't depend on one's location.

And if you are going to let the government determine whether or not weed is sinful, then is it not sinful if you use it in a place where it's legal?

I agree, and that is the connection that others and myself have been trying to say about marijuana.  It is not categorically different to drinking.  

"Render to Caesar those thing that are Caesar's...."
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #603 on: July 24, 2013, 12:03:21 PM »

I smoked a good bit of grass in HS and as a Freshman in college. I can tell you the results were not great.
As whether it is a sin, the only purpose I recall was to become intoxicated. Alcohol can be consumed in harmless moderation (beer at a restaurant) or to get rip-roaring drunk (guzzling a large tumbler of Wild Turkey with a dash of coke or orange juice in 30 seconds).
The difference is, as smoking pot has no 'moderate level' that does not include intoxication, then yes it should be thought of as a sin

This is the part that continues to come up.  Like others, I consider this an assumption.  If compared to alcohol, how do you determine what is "intoxication".  Imagine you are at a wedding and you've had some drinks.  You can drink to the point where you probably shouldn't drive, yet you could still enjoy the social gathering and celebration.  In this case you were too intoxicated for one thing (driving), but too intoxicated for another thing (enjoying the wedding responsibly).

Are you saying that, with all you pot smoking experience, you have never been "moderately" buzzed? 

Personally, I would find this hard to believe since the first ten or so times I ever smoked pot (as a teenager) I could only get "kinda" high, much to my disappointment.

Granted, it is easier to dose alcohol to control your level of intoxication, but you are still intoxicated. 
But, some here have said I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't smoke pot (which is an absolutely asinine statement) but he has, agreed with my analysis and still the statement is questioned.  I am beginning to think people are in a frenzy to find a loophole to smoke pot.
Nah, there's no loophole. You have yet to prove that smoking pot even once is a sin.
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #604 on: July 24, 2013, 06:02:18 PM »

I am not surprised worldly people seek out excuses for their behavior and sins but I am truly astonished self identified men of God do the same.  Its shameful!
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #605 on: July 24, 2013, 06:06:34 PM »

The difference is, as smoking pot has no 'moderate level' that does not include intoxication

Lies.

"Copiare il vero può essere una buona cosa, ma inventare il vero è meglio, molto meglio. "
-Giuseppe Verdi
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #606 on: July 24, 2013, 06:07:00 PM »

I smoked a good bit of grass in HS and as a Freshman in college. I can tell you the results were not great.
As whether it is a sin, the only purpose I recall was to become intoxicated. Alcohol can be consumed in harmless moderation (beer at a restaurant) or to get rip-roaring drunk (guzzling a large tumbler of Wild Turkey with a dash of coke or orange juice in 30 seconds).
The difference is, as smoking pot has no 'moderate level' that does not include intoxication, then yes it should be thought of as a sin

This is the part that continues to come up.  Like others, I consider this an assumption.  If compared to alcohol, how do you determine what is "intoxication".  Imagine you are at a wedding and you've had some drinks.  You can drink to the point where you probably shouldn't drive, yet you could still enjoy the social gathering and celebration.  In this case you were too intoxicated for one thing (driving), but too intoxicated for another thing (enjoying the wedding responsibly).

Are you saying that, with all you pot smoking experience, you have never been "moderately" buzzed? 

Personally, I would find this hard to believe since the first ten or so times I ever smoked pot (as a teenager) I could only get "kinda" high, much to my disappointment.

Granted, it is easier to dose alcohol to control your level of intoxication, but you are still intoxicated. 
But, some here have said I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't smoke pot (which is an absolutely asinine statement) but he has, agreed with my analysis and still the statement is questioned.  I am beginning to think people are in a frenzy to find a loophole to smoke pot.
Nah, there's no loophole. You have yet to prove that smoking pot even once is a sin.
You can't see anything if you keep your eyes closed.  The good thing here is everyone knows its sinful regardless of the rantings and frantic attempts to show differently.  I will have much to answer for one day, but this isn't of those things.  I hope others correct their wrong on this matter, especially when their stupidity causes another to fall.  
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #607 on: July 24, 2013, 06:07:53 PM »

The difference is, as smoking pot has no 'moderate level' that does not include intoxication

Lies.
If its a lie (it isn't), what's the purpose of MJ?
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #608 on: July 24, 2013, 06:10:18 PM »

Lies.

What's the purpose of alcohol?

And how do you know that you can't be a little bit high from MJ?

-Giuseppe Verdi
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #609 on: July 24, 2013, 06:24:49 PM »

Lies.

MJ, just like I wrote.  Please answer the question.  I'm fairly tired of diversionary tactics.  Sadly, seems that is all people have left to offer these days in way of dialogue.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:25:56 PM by Kerdy » Logged
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #610 on: July 24, 2013, 06:27:46 PM »

This is the part that continues to come up.  Like others, I consider this an assumption.  If compared to alcohol, how do you determine what is "intoxication".  Imagine you are at a wedding and you've had some drinks.  You can drink to the point where you probably shouldn't drive, yet you could still enjoy the social gathering and celebration.  In this case you were too intoxicated for one thing (driving), but too intoxicated for another thing (enjoying the wedding responsibly).

But, some here have said I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't smoke pot (which is an absolutely asinine statement) but he has, agreed with my analysis and still the statement is questioned.  I am beginning to think people are in a frenzy to find a loophole to smoke pot.
You can't see anything if you keep your eyes closed.  The good thing here is everyone knows its sinful regardless of the rantings and frantic attempts to show differently.
If everyone knows it's sinful, then why are so many people trying to show differently? Huh

I will have much to answer for one day, but this isn't of those things.  I hope others correct their wrong on this matter, especially when their stupidity causes another to fall.  
Merely saying it's wrong doesn't make it wrong. You were asked for proof of your claim that smoking pot even once is a sin, and all you can offer is "because I say so". How disappointing. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:29:03 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #611 on: July 24, 2013, 06:29:47 PM »

Lies.

MJ, just like I wrote.  Please answer the question.  I'm fairly tired of diversionary tactics.  Sadly, seems that is all people have left to offer these days in way of dialogue.

The purpose of MJ is to have a good time.

-Giuseppe Verdi
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

« Reply #612 on: July 24, 2013, 07:11:44 PM »

Lies.

There are a list of industrial and commercial uses, including as an antiseptic and hand wash. However one event above all gives it a special status and that is the God-man's first miracle at the wedding in Cana of Galilee, when He turned water into wine. The Church uses wine together with bread in the Divine Liturgy.

So what's the purpose of MJ, please?
Deep Roots
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Catholic

« Reply #613 on: July 24, 2013, 10:26:13 PM »

I am not surprised worldly people seek out excuses for their behavior and sins but I am truly astonished self identified men of God do the same.  Its shameful!
TOTALLY

Peace.
john_mo
High Elder

« Reply #614 on: July 25, 2013, 02:49:20 AM »

What is the purpose of iced-cream?  It is unhealthy and damages the body.  The money spent on it could have been used on the poor.

lets keep the moralism-train rolling!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:52:15 AM by john_mo » Logged

—G.K. Chesterton
john_mo
High Elder

« Reply #615 on: July 25, 2013, 02:51:27 AM »

Kerdy, can you please not say things like this?

—G.K. Chesterton
LBK
Moderated
Merarches

« Reply #616 on: July 25, 2013, 03:57:40 AM »

Ah, the truth hurts, doesn't it?  Wink
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #617 on: July 25, 2013, 04:28:46 AM »

If everyone knows it's sinful, then why are so many people trying to show differently? Huh

For the same reasons they say homosexuality is ok, or adultery, or fornication, or drunkenness, or anything else they know is wrong.  So they will have no guilt.

Merely saying it's wrong doesn't make it wrong.

True.  Being wrong makes it wrong.

You were asked for proof of your claim that smoking pot even once is a sin, and all you can offer is "because I say so". How disappointing. Roll Eyes

If that is how you see it, good for you for ignoring what I said.
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #618 on: July 25, 2013, 04:29:13 AM »

Lies.

The purpose of MJ is to have a good time.

The purpose of MJ is to get high.
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #619 on: July 25, 2013, 04:31:24 AM »

What is the purpose of iced-cream?
And this is how those remaining in the sanity of the discussion know things have fallen apart.  Ice-cream?  That's the best you can come up with?  I guess when a person cant defend their stance, they divert.  Good on ya.
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #620 on: July 25, 2013, 04:32:26 AM »

Why?  I have never refrained from speaking the truth as best as I could.  Anything else would be dishonest.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #621 on: July 25, 2013, 05:30:44 AM »

Lies.

Enhancing hunger. It comes sooner than fuzz in the head.

Not saying being extremely hungry without any positive effects is a nice thing. It can be used in treating eating disorders or something, though.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #622 on: July 25, 2013, 05:44:14 AM »

Lies.

Enhancing hunger. It comes sooner than fuzz in the head.

Not saying being extremely hungry without any positive effects is a nice thing. It can be used in treating eating disorders or something, though.

The straws are getting a little thin.
zaphod

« Reply #623 on: July 25, 2013, 07:41:36 AM »

Marijuana destroyed my marriage when my (ex) wife took it up, and it drove her paranoid and crazy, and she decided that everyone (including me) was plotting against her. It destroyed our family and her behavior did untold damage to our kids. In my mind, marijuana is worse than alcohol, heroin and cocaine combined. It drives me crazy that Hollywood portrays this dangerous drug as a harmless bit of fun that the do gooders want to ban. There is nothing safe about this drug.

Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #624 on: July 25, 2013, 07:55:24 AM »

If falling short is a sin, if we are to protect and not hurt our bodies as the temples for the Holy Spirit, it is clear that there are many substances can be used in a sinful manner. I will give some examples.

Water: Too much water can cause water intoxication and kill you.

Food: Too much food can make you obese, leading to a host of complications/diseases.

Alcohol: We all know the bad effects of alcohol. Plus it is addictive for many people.

Tobacco products: Ditto.

Illegal substances: Most are illegal because they hurt your health.

Marijuana (legal or otherwise):

"Abusing marijuana can result in problems with memory, learning and social behavior. It can interfere with family, school, work and other activities.

Scientific studies are underway to test the safety and usefulness of cannabis compounds for treating certain medical conditions. Currently, smoking marijuana is not recommended for the treatment of any disease or condition." NIH: National Institute on Drug Abuse

"Marijuana contains chemicals that can change how the brain works. And the science, though still evolving in terms of long-term consequences of marijuana use, is clear: marijuana use is associated with addiction, respiratory and mental illness, poor motor performance, and cognitive impairment, among other negative effects. This is especially troubling since research suggests one-in-11 people who ever used marijuana will become dependent on it; this risk rises to one-in-six when use begins in adolescence.   In 2009, marijuana was involved in 376,000 emergency department visits nationwide." ONDCP

"Persistent cannabis users show neuropsychological decline from childhood to midlife." http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/08/22/1206820109.abstract

If someone responded to this post, I didn't see it, but I thought it deserved to be read again.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #625 on: July 25, 2013, 07:57:02 AM »

Marijuana destroyed my marriage when my (ex) wife took it up, and it drove her paranoid and crazy, and she decided that everyone (including me) was plotting against her. It destroyed our family and her behavior did untold damage to our kids. In my mind, marijuana is worse than alcohol, heroin and cocaine combined. It drives me crazy that Hollywood portrays this dangerous drug as a harmless bit of fun that the do gooders want to ban. There is nothing safe about this drug.

There's no way we can verify this. I've known and know many people who use marijuana on a daily basis but something like this doesn't happen. And if it did happen there's no telling that MJ was (exclusively) to blame.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 09:12:44 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

-Giuseppe Verdi
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #626 on: July 25, 2013, 08:20:51 AM »

There's no way we can verify this. I've known and know many people who use marijuana on a daily but something like this doesn't happen. And if it did happen there's no telling that MJ was (exclusively) to blame.

If he said it happened that way, it likely happened that way.  Please don't be deliberately blind.  I just went back and read this entire thread and people have been doing that for the entire time. 
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #627 on: July 25, 2013, 08:23:52 AM »

There's no way we can verify this. I've known and know many people who use marijuana on a daily but something like this doesn't happen. And if it did happen there's no telling that MJ was (exclusively) to blame.

If he said it happened that way, it likely happened that way.  Please don't be deliberately blind.  I just went back and read this entire thread and people have been doing that for the entire time. 

I personally know 3 or 4 marriages destroyed by alcohol. So what?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #628 on: July 25, 2013, 08:48:26 AM »

I personally know 3 or 4 marriages destroyed by alcohol. So what?
My goodness, you really are beating that dead horse.  Start reading this thread from the beginning.  I realize you ignored everything said on the matter, but maybe if you actually read the information this time it will help with your confusion.
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #629 on: July 25, 2013, 09:05:48 AM »

May I suggest that your wife might have had bigger psychological issues, that marijuana might have just exacerbated ? "cause I hag out with people that smoke pot daily and they just don't behave anywhere like that.
Tags: sin Orthodox Christian Fellowship marijuana alcohol drugs bee in bonnet pot weed 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: