OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 04:03:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is smoking marijuana a sin?  (Read 41484 times) Average Rating: 0
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #450 on: June 14, 2013, 02:16:15 PM »

The topic should have been "is it a sin to be high?" and we would not have the political/economical/medical discussion about it. Marijuana is psychoactive, unlike alcohol but like mushrooms, cactus and bark.

So may I ask then, is it a sin to be high and reach alternate states of consciousness?

I know of some people who became Christians after getting high on LSD.  
I know people who became faithful spouses in their third marriage after not doing so in the first two.  I also have met women of the night who settle down and had a family.  I even met criminals who stopped committing their crimes, after being out in jail.  That doesn't mean what they did before was ok.

Yes, except the question is whether or not X is a sin.  Since X is not mentioned in either Scripture or the Fathers, it behooves us to then look for other ways to weigh the merits of X.  One way of doing this is judging X by its fruit, which is why I mentioned some significant positives that have come from X.  The same cannot be said with the examples you gave because we have clear instructions against such from Tradition.

I personally don't advocate LCD or other such, but marijuana is almost as much a grey area as alcohol.  

I wouldn't advocate LCD either. Plasma gives much clearer definition from all angles and no motion blurring  laugh

LSD, smart-alec!

Oh, that's a LOT more motion blur. Although it does do away with the need for 3D glasses....

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Velsigne
Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #451 on: June 15, 2013, 03:28:11 AM »

Recently, the OCF at my college was debating whether smoking marijuana was a sin.  I was wondering what any of your thoughts were regarding "smoking poit"

thank you

When you get off the bong long enough to spell 'pot' get back to us.
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #452 on: June 15, 2013, 09:21:21 AM »

Recently, the OCF at my college was debating whether smoking marijuana was a sin.  I was wondering what any of your thoughts were regarding "smoking poit"

thank you

To be fair, there are plenty of people around here who don't need pot to misspell words and use lousy grammar.  police

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #453 on: June 15, 2013, 12:07:02 PM »

thank you

To be fair, there are plenty of people around here who don't need pot to misspell words and use lousy grammar.  police

Yeah, one guy in this thread can't even load an avatar correctly, and he still has the nerve to call people out for spelling mistakes. Ha! What a world!  Tongue
jaroslavkourakin

« Reply #454 on: June 21, 2013, 06:54:57 AM »

Let us consider the fact that God has put mushrooms and weed out there for us. Yes, there are poisonuos things out there, but these are not pisonuos and do not seem to detriment a persons quality of life unless they already are mentally instable.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #455 on: June 21, 2013, 06:57:10 AM »

Let us consider the fact that God has put mushrooms and weed out there for us. Yes, there are poisonuos things out there, but these are not pisonuos and do not seem to detriment a persons quality of life unless they already are mentally instable.

Men, lets consider God has put millions of attractive and willing women out there for us.  Yes, some of them have VD, but many do not and do not seem to detriment a persons quality of life unless you do not use a condom.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:58:43 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Deep Roots
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Catholic

« Reply #456 on: June 21, 2013, 09:21:33 AM »

Men, lets consider God has put millions of attractive and willing women out there for us.  Yes, some of them have VD, but many do not and do not seem to detriment a persons quality of life unless you do not use a condom.
I don't think this was as powerful or convincing as you thought it was.

Peace.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #457 on: June 21, 2013, 09:23:45 AM »

Are you Orthodox? If not, then what qualifies you to post this on the Faith Issues board?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:24:23 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #458 on: June 21, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »

Are you Orthodox? If not, then what qualifies you to post this on the Faith Issues board?
wait, what?  what is the point of your posting that to Jaros?

Peace.
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #459 on: June 21, 2013, 09:32:37 AM »

The doors, the doors  Shocked
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #460 on: June 21, 2013, 09:34:36 AM »

The doors, the doors  Shocked
laugh laugh laugh

Peace.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #461 on: June 22, 2013, 04:02:14 AM »

I don't think this was as powerful or convincing as you thought it was.
It was not intended as such.  Simply to reveal this type of foolishness doesn't work when applied to anything else outside the imagination on the advocate for that specific subject.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #462 on: June 22, 2013, 05:34:12 AM »

many do not and do not seem to detriment a persons quality of life unless you do not use a condom.

Women can be detrimental to a person's quality of life in a lot more ways than just transmidding STDs, you know.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:34:54 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
john_mo
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #463 on: June 22, 2013, 05:38:23 AM »

Yet, God doesn't prohibit men from having women.

Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind.

—G.K. Chesterton
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #464 on: June 22, 2013, 06:54:45 AM »

many do not and do not seem to detriment a persons quality of life unless you do not use a condom.

Women can be detrimental to a person's quality of life in a lot more ways than just transmidding STDs, you know.
Which has nothing to do with what I posted, but yes they can. As well as men for women.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #465 on: June 22, 2013, 06:55:32 AM »

Singular woman, no.  Plural women, yes.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #466 on: June 23, 2013, 06:06:02 PM »

thank you

Using alleged emmanualmelo's intoxication as an argument in discussion is a blatant personal attack and as such  will not be tolerated in the Public Fora. Next time you engage in similar action, you will receive an official warning.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #467 on: June 24, 2013, 08:58:49 PM »

"Chronic marijuana use may cause inflammation in the brain that leads to problems with coordination and learning, a new study in animals suggests."

http://health.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=31737&external=2205353.proteus.fma

I realize it isnt conclusive, buuuuuut..

Could we have jumped a little too soon?  Maybe?
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #468 on: June 25, 2013, 04:40:04 AM »

Must.... Resist.... GaaaaAAAAGGHHH!

Plural "men" it's possibly okay.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #469 on: June 25, 2013, 06:11:36 AM »

Must.... Resist.... GaaaaAAAAGGHHH!

Plural "men" it's possibly okay.
What...
sprtslvr1973
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA; Jurisdiaction of Dallas and the South

"Behold I stand at the Door and Knock" Rev. 3:20

« Reply #470 on: June 25, 2013, 07:10:30 AM »

I smoked a good bit of grass in HS and as a Freshman in college. I can tell you the results were not great.
As whether it is a sin, the only purpose I recall was to become intoxicated. Alcohol can be consumed in harmless moderation (beer at a restaurant) or to get rip-roaring drunk (guzzling a large tumbler of Wild Turkey with a dash of coke or orange juice in 30 seconds).
The difference is, as smoking pot has no 'moderate level' that does not include intoxication, then yes it should be thought of as a sin

"Into thy hands I commend my spirit"- Luke 23:46
“Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” - Mark 9:24
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #471 on: June 25, 2013, 07:49:13 AM »

So slavery is back?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #472 on: June 25, 2013, 10:01:21 AM »

Answer:
"* Faith Issues -- This forum is for the discussion of issues pertaining to the Orthodox Faith (EO, OO, Old-Cal).  Discussion of topics by those of other faiths should be restricted in this area; this is especially true viz-a-viz their own faith (i.e. non-Orthodox faiths), on which they should only comment to correct misunderstandings or misstatements, not to further their agenda or dispute Orthodox teachings (they should go to the Free-For-All or the Private fora for that)." http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=rules

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
john_mo
High Elder

« Reply #473 on: June 25, 2013, 10:17:44 AM »

Answer:
"* Faith Issues -- This forum is for the discussion of issues pertaining to the Orthodox Faith (EO, OO, Old-Cal).  Discussion of topics by those of other faiths should be restricted in this area; this is especially true viz-a-viz their own faith (i.e. non-Orthodox faiths), on which they should only comment to correct misunderstandings or misstatements, not to further their agenda or dispute Orthodox teachings (they should go to the Free-For-All or the Private fora for that)." http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=rules

Finally somebody said it.

Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind.

—G.K. Chesterton
john_mo
High Elder

« Reply #474 on: June 25, 2013, 10:28:47 AM »

I smoked a good bit of grass in HS and as a Freshman in college. I can tell you the results were not great.
As whether it is a sin, the only purpose I recall was to become intoxicated. Alcohol can be consumed in harmless moderation (beer at a restaurant) or to get rip-roaring drunk (guzzling a large tumbler of Wild Turkey with a dash of coke or orange juice in 30 seconds).
The difference is, as smoking pot has no 'moderate level' that does not include intoxication, then yes it should be thought of as a sin

This is the part that continues to come up.  Like others, I consider this an assumption.  If compared to alcohol, how do you determine what is "intoxication".  Imagine you are at a wedding and you've had some drinks.  You can drink to the point where you probably shouldn't drive, yet you could still enjoy the social gathering and celebration.  In this case you were too intoxicated for one thing (driving), but too intoxicated for another thing (enjoying the wedding responsibly).

Are you saying that, with all you pot smoking experience, you have never been "moderately" buzzed? 

Personally, I would find this hard to believe since the first ten or so times I ever smoked pot (as a teenager) I could only get "kinda" high, much to my disappointment.

Granted, it is easier to dose alcohol to control your level of intoxication, but you are still intoxicated. 

—G.K. Chesterton
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #475 on: June 25, 2013, 10:39:16 AM »

Personally, I would find this hard to believe since the first ten or so times I ever smoked pot (as a teenager) I could only get "kinda" high, much to my disappointment.

Indeed.
Peacemaker
Elder

« Reply #476 on: June 25, 2013, 08:10:51 PM »

"You can't stop smoking? What is impossible for man is possible with God's help. Just firmly decide to quit, realizing how harmful it is for the soul and the body, since it weakens the soul, and increases and strengthens the passions, darkens the mind, and destroys physical health with a slow death." St. Ambrose of Optina

Who are we to argue with a Saint of the Church? Lord of mercy on those who try to justify this passion as not being a sin. It is the incense of the Devil, filling your Holy Temple with filth and death to the soul.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:11:29 PM by Peacemaker » Logged

"If you die before you die, you will not die when you die"
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #477 on: June 26, 2013, 01:14:57 AM »

This is the part that continues to come up.  Like others, I consider this an assumption.  If compared to alcohol, how do you determine what is "intoxication".  Imagine you are at a wedding and you've had some drinks.  You can drink to the point where you probably shouldn't drive, yet you could still enjoy the social gathering and celebration.  In this case you were too intoxicated for one thing (driving), but too intoxicated for another thing (enjoying the wedding responsibly).

Are you saying that, with all you pot smoking experience, you have never been "moderately" buzzed? 

Granted, it is easier to dose alcohol to control your level of intoxication, but you are still intoxicated. 
But, some here have said I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't smoke pot (which is an absolutely asinine statement) but he has, agreed with my analysis and still the statement is questioned.  I am beginning to think people are in a frenzy to find a loophole to smoke pot.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #478 on: June 26, 2013, 01:30:37 AM »

"You can't stop smoking? What is impossible for man is possible with God's help. Just firmly decide to quit, realizing how harmful it is for the soul and the body, since it weakens the soul, and increases and strengthens the passions, darkens the mind, and destroys physical health with a slow death." St. Ambrose of Optina

Who are we to argue with a Saint of the Church? Lord of mercy on those who try to justify this passion as not being a sin. It is the incense of the Devil, filling your Holy Temple with filth and death to the soul.

St. Ignatius Brianchaninov, in his book The Arena, approached the subject differently. He said tobacco use was a bad habit, but that if a monk couldn't break from it, that he should at least do it in such a way as to not tempt his fellow monks. I doubt he would have said that it was permissible, if not ideal, to do it in private, had he thought it a sin that was "filling your Holy Temple with filth and death to the soul".
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:31:20 AM by Asteriktos » Logged
john_mo
High Elder

« Reply #479 on: June 26, 2013, 07:57:18 AM »

But, some here have said I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't smoke pot (which is an absolutely asinine statement) but he has, agreed with my analysis and still the statement is questioned.  I am beginning to think people are in a frenzy to find a loophole to smoke pot.

I don't have much of a problem with someone who doesn't smoke pot giving their opinion.  For those (like me) who lean more toward a "not necessarily a sin" view, frequently point out the comparison with alcohol which the Church endorses. 

If one were to have an Islamic or puritanical approach where not even alcohol is tolerated, then there would be more consistency.  The idea of having an alcohol induced buzz being permissible, while looking down on sharing a joint with some friends, is bizarre.

—G.K. Chesterton
john_mo
High Elder

« Reply #480 on: June 26, 2013, 08:01:23 AM »

The quote of St. Amborse you gave does not appear to be about the use of pot in general.  In other words, he it doesn't look like he is saying it is against the Church. Rather, he is addressing an addiction. Watch, I will modify it for alcohol:

"You can't stop drinking? What is impossible for man is possible with God's help. Just firmly decide to quit, realizing how harmful it is for the soul and the body, since it weakens the soul, and increases and strengthens the passions, darkens the mind, and destroys physical health with a slow death."

Is the quote still true? Yes.  Can we still drink? yes.

—G.K. Chesterton
Peacemaker
Elder

« Reply #481 on: June 26, 2013, 08:28:17 AM »

The quote of St. Amborse you gave does not appear to be about the use of pot in general.  In other words, he it doesn't look like he is saying it is against the Church. Rather, he is addressing an addiction. Watch, I will modify it for alcohol:

"You can't stop drinking? What is impossible for man is possible with God's help. Just firmly decide to quit, realizing how harmful it is for the soul and the body, since it weakens the soul, and increases and strengthens the passions, darkens the mind, and destroys physical health with a slow death."

Is the quote still true? Yes.  Can we still drink? yes.

As I said, I pray for those who try to justify a sin, for it is not me they need to answer to, but our Lord Jesus Christ, what will people say then?

"If you die before you die, you will not die when you die"
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #482 on: June 26, 2013, 08:40:24 AM »

Who are we to argue with a Saint of the Church?

Seriously?

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
john_mo
High Elder

« Reply #483 on: June 26, 2013, 08:45:02 AM »

As I said, I pray for those who try to justify a sin, for it is not me they need to answer to, but our Lord Jesus Christ, what will people say then?

The saint in question was talking about addiction to smoking.  This topic is about usage of marijuana in general.  Please read what I wrote.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:58:33 AM by john_mo » Logged

—G.K. Chesterton
Malina

Jurisdiction: Russian Patriarchate

« Reply #484 on: June 26, 2013, 03:24:21 PM »

Of course smoking is a sin. Because of marijuana is a drug and it can damage health.
Everything that leading to damage could be consider as a sin, because God created us for life and we don`t have a right to kill ourselves with drugs.
To use marijuana like tools for cloth is not a sin, because such clothing could not lead to death.
WPM
Revolutionary Writer
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #485 on: June 26, 2013, 04:21:21 PM »

The idea is to "quit" for at least 3-4 weeks after consumption balances brain chemistry.
TimotheosK

Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople

Κύριε Ἰησοῦ Χριστέ, ἐλέησόν με τὸν ἁμαρτωλόν.

« Reply #486 on: June 26, 2013, 05:02:48 PM »

I feel the question asked from the outset is not being framed properly, because on it's face it would seem illogical that simply smoking something is a sin. If one digs deeper, realizing that anything that turns us away from God constitutes a sin, the use of marijuana is certainly a sin.

I used marijuana for a few years, thinking that there was nothing wrong with it and only after I had stopped did I realize the detriment it caused.   Setting aside the obvious negative physical health effects, it, along with other drugs, skews one's sense of reality. In doing so, it makes that person more susceptible to the evils encountered on a daily basis - and potentially others.  For example, I encountered dreams of future (insignificant) events, I felt inspired in my writing and allowed my ego to take over.  Anyone who is an avid online video gamer would notice many people consumed by those games who use drugs like marijuana to enhance their experience.  Now I don't mean to say that everyone will have those exact experiences, but those are the types of things that drug use can cause.

In each of our spiritual struggles, we attempt to battle our passions, carrying our own cross to hopefully gain salvation.  How can we expect to do so when we make it easier for our passions and for temptations to take hold of us?  Why would we counteract our forward spiritual steps by weakening ourselves to the powers of the evil one?

In conclusion, insofar as smoking marijuana leads to sin it certainly is a sin itself.  Just as we shouldn't act to facilitate another's sin, we should take that same approach not facilitate our own sin through means harmless at first sight.

That's how I have come to understand it anyway...

The best thing:  Speak to your spiritual father, because trying to read over 10 pages of forum posts will only confuse the issue even more.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 05:06:52 PM by TimotheosK » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #487 on: June 26, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »

I don't have much of a problem with someone who doesn't smoke pot giving their opinion.  For those (like me) who lean more toward a "not necessarily a sin" view, frequently point out the comparison with alcohol which the Church endorses. 

If one were to have an Islamic or puritanical approach where not even alcohol is tolerated, then there would be more consistency.  The idea of having an alcohol induced buzz being permissible, while looking down on sharing a joint with some friends, is bizarre.

Comparing alcohol to MJ is kind of like comparing appropriate use of prescribed meds to recreational use of heroin, cutting down a tree for your fireplace to destroying the rain forrest, driving to a police chase.  It sort of fits, but not when you really think about it.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #488 on: June 26, 2013, 06:21:40 PM »

Comparing alcohol to MJ is kind of like comparing appropriate use of prescribed meds to recreational use of heroin, cutting down a tree for your fireplace to destroying the rain forrest, driving to a police chase.  It sort of fits, but not when you really think about it.

Says an expert in bizarre analogies.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #489 on: June 26, 2013, 06:25:30 PM »

Says an expert in bizarre analogies.
From you, a great compliment.  Please continue.  It's sort of like China condemning American human rights.
john_mo
High Elder

« Reply #490 on: June 27, 2013, 03:45:01 AM »

This is the part that continues to come up.  Like others, I consider this an assumption.  If compared to alcohol, how do you determine what is "intoxication".  Imagine you are at a wedding and you've had some drinks.  You can drink to the point where you probably shouldn't drive, yet you could still enjoy the social gathering and celebration.  In this case you were too intoxicated for one thing (driving), but too intoxicated for another thing (enjoying the wedding responsibly).

But, some here have said I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't smoke pot (which is an absolutely asinine statement) but he has, agreed with my analysis and still the statement is questioned.  I am beginning to think people are in a frenzy to find a loophole to smoke pot.

I don't have much of a problem with someone who doesn't smoke pot giving their opinion.  For those (like me) who lean more toward a "not necessarily a sin" view, frequently point out the comparison with alcohol which the Church endorses.  

If one were to have an Islamic or puritanical approach where not even alcohol is tolerated, then there would be more consistency.  The idea of having an alcohol induced buzz being permissible, while looking down on sharing a joint with some friends, is bizarre.

Comparing alcohol to MJ is kind of like comparing appropriate use of prescribed meds to recreational use of heroin, cutting down a tree for your fireplace to destroying the rain forrest, driving to a police chase.  It sort of fits, but not when you really think about it.

Still tons of cultural bias here.  In your comparisons you assert that alcohol is fine and dandy and pot is bad, without any reasoning. 

Do you really want to start comparing the merits of alcohol to pot?  

You brought up driving and police involvement.  Are these things usually alcohol or pot related? Has anyone ever died from marijuana intoxication? Do doctors prescribe alcohol?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:52:54 AM by john_mo » Logged

—G.K. Chesterton
Demian

« Reply #491 on: June 27, 2013, 04:10:59 AM »

I'm unsure if Marijuana is a sin or not but as someone who has extensive experience with Marijuana in his past and is currently a healthcare worker I can say Ive never seen anyone admitted to the hospital for a Marijuana related illness. Yes I saw the article posted earlier about the kids who ate the brownies and were admitted to the hospital but I think that is more a case of being inexperienced with the effects of the drug and having a panic attack.

Alcohol on the other hand is a proven killer unless it is used with the utmost respect. Tobacco kills close to 400,000 people in the US a year and may be one of the most lethal substances known to man. Bad diet is also a killer and has contributed to unbelievable amounts of obesity and diabetes. Its  hard to quantify how much damage and how many lives the trifecta above has taken. However I have yet to see one death contributed to MJ. I'm not totally sold on the medical benifits of it and I don't think that kids should use it and people definitely shouldn't drive while using it but of all the substances one could use recreationally Marijuana is the most benign. Infact I don't think it would be a stretch to say that fast food kills way more people than Marijuana. That would be a given considering I've never heard of anyone dying from MJ.

Marijuana for recreational use should be legalized. If for any reason the enforcement of its prohibition is extremely racist and disproportionatly affects poor communities of people of color.
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #492 on: June 27, 2013, 04:14:24 AM »

I'm unsure if Marijuana is a sin or not but as someone who has extensive experience with Marijuana in his past and is currently a healthcare worker I can say Ive never seen anyone admitted to the hospital for a Marijuana related illness.

Ever heard of cannabis-induced psychosis? There are plenty of them in psych wards.
Demian

« Reply #493 on: June 27, 2013, 04:24:14 AM »

I'm unsure if Marijuana is a sin or not but as someone who has extensive experience with Marijuana in his past and is currently a healthcare worker I can say Ive never seen anyone admitted to the hospital for a Marijuana related illness.

Ever heard of cannabis-induced psychosis? There are plenty of them in psych wards.

I've never seen it in a psych ward and I've worked psych. I've seen schizophrenics and people that are prone to mental illness abuse marijuana. I can say in my own opinion that if someone has a psychotic break from marijuana it was more than likely that that person was already prone to psychosis. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I'd say it pretty rare.
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #494 on: June 27, 2013, 04:30:36 AM »

I've never seen it in a psych ward and I've worked psych. I've seen schizophrenics and people that are prone to mental illness abuse marijuana. I can say in my own opinion that if someone has a psychotic break from marijuana it was more than likely that that person was already prone to psychosis. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I'd say it pretty rare.

Not as rare as you think.
Tags: sin Orthodox Christian Fellowship marijuana alcohol drugs bee in bonnet pot weed 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: