OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 11:22:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is smoking marijuana a sin?  (Read 41637 times) Average Rating: 0
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #360 on: February 24, 2013, 05:08:48 PM »

It is the Blood of Christ, yes, but it also remains wine all the same.

So the hypostatic union is not between God and man but between God, man and fermented grapes?
Huh What is that supposed to mean? Huh

How can something be both the blood of Christ and wine unless it is hypostatically united?
1. What does hypostatic union have to do with whether the Body and Blood is in truth still bread and wine even after becoming also Body and Blood?
2. Do you even know what hypostatic union is? Is this something you've been taught yet in your inquirers' class?
3. If you wish to debate this, would you be willing to start a new thread so we don't derail this one?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 05:12:54 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #361 on: February 26, 2013, 06:31:01 AM »

What's with Orthodox Christian forums and passionate debates on pot?  I saw the same thing on the Ancient Faith forum.

Good question.  There should be passionate unity on the issue, but modern times has altered human perception of right and wrong.  It's a sad thing to see, but it has happened.

Which Synod, Father or Apostle condemned marijuana?
I refer you to my post two up from the one I am responding to.  I didn’t even say that for someone to fall into a trap, yet you did.  A happy accident on my part.

Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #362 on: February 27, 2013, 03:02:26 PM »

If you directly inhale MJ, you get high. There is no amount "too small."

No.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:09:50 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #363 on: February 28, 2013, 04:18:11 AM »

No.
Of course you can prove me incorrect, yes?

Keep in mind you must be able to provide ng/ml in relation to inebriation.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:19:25 AM by Kerdy » Logged
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #364 on: February 28, 2013, 05:17:55 AM »

No.
Of course you can prove me incorrect, yes?

You could smoke together.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #365 on: February 28, 2013, 05:21:13 AM »

My first time smoking marijuana, I had 5 puffs. It did nothing. I'm sure if I smoked a bowl id be fine too.

For some reason I have high tolerance towards that and alcohol.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #366 on: February 28, 2013, 05:39:14 AM »

My first time smoking marijuana, I had 5 puffs. It did I felt nothing. I'm sure if I smoked a bowl id be fine too.

For some reason I have high tolerance towards that and alcohol.
Fixed it for you.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #367 on: March 01, 2013, 01:31:45 AM »

My only caution toward marijuana is that unless you are growing it yourself, you have no way of knowing for sure where it came from. For all you know, it could have been tampered with or mixed with harmful ingredients to make it more addictive or something. Drug dealers aren't exactly the most honest people, so only a fool would take their word for it. Personally, I'd never take drugs from anyone. If you're going to do them, grow your own. Drug dealers are dangerous people. My grandfather is in jail for probably the rest of his life due to getting in a shootout with some violent "customers."

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
JMTRD6

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA / Transitioning to OCA

« Reply #368 on: March 02, 2013, 03:13:42 AM »

I must say that, for most of my life, I have been very outspoken about my contempt for marijuana use.  I have, as many others on this forum have, equated it to drunkenness (which is a known sin).  However, I have learned to tolerate it and even appreciate it in some situations.  No, I have never used marijuana myself, but it is a FACT that, without marijuana, my wife would be in bed for no less than 50% of her life.  But that doesn't mean that even SHE hasn't questioned whether or not she is sinning.  She has cried many tears over the OP's question, but our spiritual father has assured her that SHE is committing no sin.  What of some of the other "medications" that she has used?  Xanax is commonly used by people to get some sort of high, but it was prescribed to her for anxiety.  She has taken medicine that has caused her to lose hair, memory, and motor function.  To me, that stuff seems FAR worse than the side effects of marijuana.  If marijuana allows my wife to live a somewhat normal and happy life, then I can't see our Lord holding that against her, especially when she uses it so sparingly and with such great concern for her spiritual well being.  As for recreational use, I am still not a fan, but I believe it is up to one's spiritual father to determine whether it is a repentance-worthy sin or not.  By the way, I live in Colorado, where (under state law), medicinal and recreational use are legal. 
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #369 on: March 07, 2013, 03:44:23 AM »

My only caution toward marijuana is that unless you are growing it yourself, you have no way of knowing for sure where it came from. For all you know, it could have been tampered with or mixed with harmful ingredients to make it more addictive or something. Drug dealers aren't exactly the most honest people, so only a fool would take their word for it. Personally, I'd never take drugs from anyone. If you're going to do them, grow your own. Drug dealers are dangerous people. My grandfather is in jail for probably the rest of his life due to getting in a shootout with some violent "customers."

I agree. And I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope you are able to visit him.

Selam

"Don't register. Don't vote.
Don't enlist. Don't deploy.
Don't take oaths. Don't say the pledge.
Pray to God, and start a revolution instead!"
Selam, +GMK+
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #370 on: March 07, 2013, 03:46:56 AM »

I must say that, for most of my life, I have been very outspoken about my contempt for marijuana use.  I have, as many others on this forum have, equated it to drunkenness (which is a known sin).  However, I have learned to tolerate it and even appreciate it in some situations.  No, I have never used marijuana myself, but it is a FACT that, without marijuana, my wife would be in bed for no less than 50% of her life.  But that doesn't mean that even SHE hasn't questioned whether or not she is sinning.  She has cried many tears over the OP's question, but our spiritual father has assured her that SHE is committing no sin.  What of some of the other "medications" that she has used?  Xanax is commonly used by people to get some sort of high, but it was prescribed to her for anxiety.  She has taken medicine that has caused her to lose hair, memory, and motor function.  To me, that stuff seems FAR worse than the side effects of marijuana.  If marijuana allows my wife to live a somewhat normal and happy life, then I can't see our Lord holding that against her, especially when she uses it so sparingly and with such great concern for her spiritual well being.  As for recreational use, I am still not a fan, but I believe it is up to one's spiritual father to determine whether it is a repentance-worthy sin or not.  By the way, I live in Colorado, where (under state law), medicinal and recreational use are legal. 

Thank you for these reasonable and deeply personal comments. I think that if God created it and it can bring healing or true relief, then how is that sinful?

My prayers for your wife.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

"Don't register. Don't vote.
Don't enlist. Don't deploy.
Don't take oaths. Don't say the pledge.
Pray to God, and start a revolution instead!"
Selam, +GMK+
JMTRD6

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA / Transitioning to OCA

« Reply #371 on: March 09, 2013, 11:21:36 PM »

Thank you for these reasonable and deeply personal comments. I think that if God created it and it can bring healing or true relief, then how is that sinful?

My prayers for your wife.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

Thank you for the response and your prayers are very appreciated. 
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #372 on: March 10, 2013, 12:49:45 AM »

Well some people here wouldn't recognize marijuana it it hit them. some would just need to get out more.could go on with what some lack.
Pericles

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. Archdiocese of Thyateira & Great Britain.

« Reply #373 on: March 14, 2013, 11:17:11 AM »

Well some people here wouldn't recognize marijuana it it hit them.
I think most here assume its the same as being drunk, however thats no where near the effect it has. No matter how much you smoke your not going to be 'out-of-control', if you smoke too much you'll just go to sleep.

Graecia capta ferum victorem cepit.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #374 on: March 14, 2013, 11:28:15 AM »

This is one of the sanest things you've ever posted.

Sorry about your grandfather.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Deep Roots
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Catholic

« Reply #375 on: March 14, 2013, 05:53:26 PM »

I think most here assume its the same as being drunk, however thats no where near the effect it has. No matter how much you smoke your not going to be 'out-of-control', if you smoke too much you'll just go to sleep.
yeah it's not the same.  and yes, usually if you take one too many hits you will probably just sleep.  However, depending on the form, you can get into bad shape dizzy or sick-wise.  I once over-partook of a very potent cookie and threw up several times and got very, very dizzy and panicky.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:53:42 PM by Deep Roots » Logged

Peace.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #376 on: March 14, 2013, 08:05:40 PM »

yeah it's not the same.  and yes, usually if you take one too many hits you will probably just sleep.  However, depending on the form, you can get into bad shape dizzy or sick-wise.  I once over-partook of a very potent cookie and threw up several times and got very, very dizzy and panicky.
MJ isn't dangerous at all.  Just ask the parents of the kids who ate from one MJ brownie and all had to be taken to the hospital. 
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #377 on: March 14, 2013, 11:38:02 PM »

MJ isn't dangerous at all.  Just ask the parents of the kids who ate from one MJ brownie and all had to be taken to the hospital. 
Dude, your stridency is only making you sound... uh... strident.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #378 on: March 15, 2013, 12:51:46 AM »

MJ isn't dangerous at all.  Just ask the parents of the kids who ate from one MJ brownie and all had to be taken to the hospital.  
Considering I'm not being harsh, my point of view is not controversial and I'm not being unpleasantly forceful (at least no more than anyone else), strident would be the wrong word of choice.  However, if someone is willfully ignoring the obvious, I can see how that person would feel this way.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:52:31 AM by Kerdy » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #379 on: March 15, 2013, 02:28:11 AM »

MJ isn't dangerous at all.  Just ask the parents of the kids who ate from one MJ brownie and all had to be taken to the hospital.  
Considering I'm not being harsh, my point of view is not controversial and I'm not being unpleasantly forceful (at least no more than anyone else), strident would be the wrong word of choice.
No, it's not the wrong word of choice. I chose the word to communicate a very clear message, and it's exactly the word I wish to use. You're starting to sound like a rusty hinge, like fingernails on the chalkboard, like a knife blade on a wine bottle. That, my friend, is the very definition of "strident".

However, if someone is willfully ignoring the obvious, I can see how that person would feel this way.
Thank you for your subtle insinuation that I'm willfully ignoring the obvious. However, you have yet to prove that which you deem so obvious, that the smoking of marijuana even to less than the threshold of intoxication is sinful in and of itself.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:31:01 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #380 on: March 15, 2013, 05:33:35 AM »

Considering I'm not being harsh, my point of view is not controversial and I'm not being unpleasantly forceful (at least no more than anyone else), strident would be the wrong word of choice.
No, it's not the wrong word of choice. I chose the word to communicate a very clear message, and it's exactly the word I wish to use. You're starting to sound like a rusty hinge, like fingernails on the chalkboard, like a knife blade on a wine bottle. That, my friend, is the very definition of "strident".

However, if someone is willfully ignoring the obvious, I can see how that person would feel this way.
Thank you for your subtle insinuation that I'm willfully ignoring the obvious. However, you have yet to prove that which you deem so obvious, that the smoking of marijuana even to less than the threshold of intoxication is sinful in and of itself.

According to the definition of the word it is the wrong word, but you can still use it if it pleases you.  There is no law against improper usage of words.  Speaking truth rather than putting sugar on an inedible false to make things more palatable is well worth any silly response or ridicule from anyone.  Trying to keep people from believing stupid things has always been a weakness of mine.  It will continue as long as there are people who lie about the benefits of MJ and ignore all of the dangers.

There was nothing subtle about what I said and it was not toward you.  Please do not read something which is not there or put words in my mouth, thank you.  If I meant you specifically, I would have said as much.  You should know this about me by now.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #381 on: March 15, 2013, 11:26:32 AM »

According to the definition of the word it is the wrong word, but you can still use it if it pleases you.  There is no law against improper usage of words.  Speaking truth rather than putting sugar on an inedible false to make things more palatable is well worth any silly response or ridicule from anyone.  Trying to keep people from believing stupid things has always been a weakness of mine.  It will continue as long as there are people who lie about the benefits of MJ and ignore all of the dangers.
But you haven't offered any proof. "Because I say so" is not proof. Neither is anecdotal evidence. (What aren't you telling us about the family that ate the marijuana brownie?)

There was nothing subtle about what I said and it was not toward you.  Please do not read something which is not there or put words in my mouth, thank you.
I'm not attributing to you things you never said.

If I meant you specifically, I would have said as much.  You should know this about me by now.
You presume too much of me.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:41:54 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #382 on: March 15, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »

Just ask the parents of the kids who ate from one MJ brownie and all had to be taken to the hospital. 

Not sure if serious...  Grin

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

« Reply #383 on: March 15, 2013, 12:01:14 PM »

If falling short is a sin, if we are to protect and not hurt our bodies as the temples for the Holy Spirit, it is clear that there are many substances can be used in a sinful manner. I will give some examples.

Water: Too much water can cause water intoxication and kill you.

Food: Too much food can make you obese, leading to a host of complications/diseases.

Alcohol: We all know the bad effects of alcohol. Plus it is addictive for many people.

Tobacco products: Ditto.

Illegal substances: Most are illegal because they hurt your health.

Marijuana (legal or otherwise):

"Abusing marijuana can result in problems with memory, learning and social behavior. It can interfere with family, school, work and other activities.

Scientific studies are underway to test the safety and usefulness of cannabis compounds for treating certain medical conditions. Currently, smoking marijuana is not recommended for the treatment of any disease or condition." NIH: National Institute on Drug Abuse

"Marijuana contains chemicals that can change how the brain works. And the science, though still evolving in terms of long-term consequences of marijuana use, is clear: marijuana use is associated with addiction, respiratory and mental illness, poor motor performance, and cognitive impairment, among other negative effects. This is especially troubling since research suggests one-in-11 people who ever used marijuana will become dependent on it; this risk rises to one-in-six when use begins in adolescence.   In 2009, marijuana was involved in 376,000 emergency department visits nationwide." ONDCP

"Persistent cannabis users show neuropsychological decline from childhood to midlife." http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/08/22/1206820109.abstract

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #384 on: March 15, 2013, 03:08:09 PM »

The potency of pot foods is often underestimated. Don't see your point, though.

Peace.
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #385 on: March 15, 2013, 03:23:52 PM »

The only way you can die from eating a marijuna brownie is when you choke in one.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:26:02 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

-Dr. Samuel Johnson
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #386 on: March 15, 2013, 03:54:32 PM »

The only way you can die from eating a marijuna brownie is when you choke in one.

Ah, I beg to differ. What if the eater of said brownie is a type 2 diabetic?

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #387 on: March 15, 2013, 09:36:14 PM »

Just ask the parents of the kids who ate from one MJ brownie and all had to be taken to the hospital.  

Not sure if serious...  Grin

I was serious.  It was in the news a couple of days ago.  A kid brought a MJ brownie to school and shared it with friends.  The kids had to be rushed to the hospital.  They were investigating the incident at the time and additional info was not available, but I think we can presume it was the result of MJ consuming parents and an unsuspecting child.  Perhaps not.

COSTA MESA, Calif. – Seven elementary school students are recovering in Costa Mesa after they took a bite of a marijuana brownie that a boy brought to school.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/03/13/elementary-students-rushed-to-hospital-after-eating-marijuana-laced-brownies/#ixzz2NfAvN0eM
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:45:42 PM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #388 on: March 15, 2013, 09:45:08 PM »

Who said anything about death?  I have gone to calls where a people have shot themselves in and lost half of their faces without death.  It doesn't mean they could not have died from it.  It just means they did not.
FormerReformer
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #389 on: March 15, 2013, 10:00:01 PM »

I was serious.  It was in the news a couple of days ago.  A kid brought a MJ brownie to school and shared it with friends.  The kids had to be rushed to the hospital.  They were investigating the incident at the time and additional info was not available, but I think we can presume it was the result of MJ consuming parents and an unsuspecting child.  Perhaps not.

COSTA MESA, Calif. – Seven elementary school students are recovering in Costa Mesa after they took a bite of a marijuana brownie that a boy brought to school.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/03/13/elementary-students-rushed-to-hospital-after-eating-marijuana-laced-brownies/#ixzz2NfAvN0eM
Seeing as how (a) the only source I can find about this is your article; (b) said article is from Fox news- and I trust their reporting on anything school related to be about the same level as the handouts on the dangers of D&D that used to go around my churches in the '80s; and (c) the article itself reports the only side effects being dizziness, nausea, and vomiting which you're post about the "kids were rushed to the hospital" was in response to:

I'm really not seeing your point.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:01:16 PM by FormerReformer » Logged

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #390 on: March 15, 2013, 11:09:24 PM »

Seeing as how (a) the only source I can find about this is your article; (b) said article is from Fox news- and I trust their reporting on anything school related to be about the same level as the handouts on the dangers of D&D that used to go around my churches in the '80s; and (c) the article itself reports the only side effects being dizziness, nausea, and vomiting which you're post about the "kids were rushed to the hospital" was in response to:

Strange, when looked it up on Google, I found several articles.  Try the HuffPost if you prefer, they wrote about it as well.  If those side effects dont bother you, I suppose smoking Spice (pseudo-marijuana) is not an issue either?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:10:41 PM by Kerdy » Logged
FormerReformer
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #391 on: March 15, 2013, 11:24:46 PM »

Strange, when looked it up on Google, I found several articles.  Try the HuffPost if you prefer, they wrote about it as well.  If those side effects dont bother you, I suppose smoking Spice (pseudo-marijuana) is not an issue either?

It's not so much that the side-effects don't bother me, as you posted about the school kids being rushed to the hospital as a response to someone else speaking of those side-effects- as if the kids were in some sort of mortal danger. In reality, I suspect that children had eaten the brownies and were rushed to the emergency room for fear of some type of poisoning- a reasonable course of action when children start exhibiting those symptoms after eating food- and the marijuana wasn't detected until later.

The article is certainly sensational, but as a cautionary tale about the dangers of marijuana doesn't go any further than Deep Roots' post.

Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #392 on: March 16, 2013, 02:00:51 PM »

Yeah my point was that consuming pot-food CAN be scary if you over partake, in part because the oil that is used to make it (if it's good stuff) is often more potent than smoking it.

Peace.
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #393 on: March 19, 2013, 08:53:20 AM »

Is marijuana lenten?

-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

November is short. Type fast.

« Reply #394 on: March 19, 2013, 09:18:38 AM »

Is marijuana lenten?

It's vegan and gluten-free. Tongue Unless it's GM. Is there such a thing as GM weed?

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #395 on: March 19, 2013, 09:35:49 AM »

Is marijuana lenten?
I put it in the alcohol category when it comes to fasting.  As I said earlier, it's probably been a year and a half since i've smoked anyway.

Peace.
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #396 on: March 19, 2013, 10:56:27 AM »

Is marijuana lenten?

It's vegan and gluten-free. Tongue Unless it's GM. Is there such a thing as GM weed?

So that's a yes?  angel

-Dr. Samuel Johnson
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #397 on: March 19, 2013, 10:59:06 AM »

Is marijuana lenten?

So that's a yes?  angel

You can have it on Annunciation and Palm Sunday.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #398 on: March 19, 2013, 11:15:21 AM »

Is marijuana lenten?

So that's a yes?  angel

This conversation is making me hungry for fish.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #399 on: March 19, 2013, 11:18:22 AM »

Is marijuana lenten?

So that's a yes?  angel

Huh

It's a plant, not fish.

-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #400 on: March 19, 2013, 01:17:28 PM »

Is marijuana lenten?

Only if you eat it

I put it in the alcohol category when it comes to fasting.  As I said earlier, it's probably been a year and a half since i've smoked anyway.

Drinking alcohol is allowed, but drunkeness is always a no no. So you could have marijuana on Saturdays and Sundays of Lent, but not enough to actually get high  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:19:10 PM by Orthodox11 » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #401 on: March 20, 2013, 04:59:30 AM »

I think it is now safe to say the whole medicinal marijuana thing was a ruse.  Not only is it being used in this manner by the smallest possible/conceivable percentage of consumers, but I am still waiting for the quality studies revealing its medicinal use and application in the first place, which do not exist.  They do not exist for the same reason there are no existing quality studies on its ill effects.  There are; however, multiple studies showing the extremely high likelihood of negative effects, to which I just read one article in a muscle fitness magazine today warning of those effects. 

But, as most of us thinking people already knew, this was a sham, a lie, a ploy, to get MJ legalized for recreational consumption.  Just look at the discussion on this thread as evidence the use of MJ is not categorically considered medicinal, but rather for the purpose of getting high.  This is clear, this is simple, and this is truth.  The legalization of MJ has followed the same process as every other type of reckless proposal a certain type/group of people have proposed in the past.  The really depressing part is people were dumb enough to fall for it…again.  At this point I think people should at least start being honest about the whole thing. 
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #402 on: March 20, 2013, 05:45:20 AM »

I think it is now safe to say the whole medicinal marijuana thing was a ruse.  Not only is it being used in this manner by the smallest possible/conceivable percentage of consumers, but I am still waiting for the quality studies revealing its medicinal use and application in the first place, which do not exist.  They do not exist for the same reason there are no existing quality studies on its ill effects.  There are; however, multiple studies showing the extremely high likelihood of negative effects, to which I just read one article in a muscle fitness magazine today warning of those effects. 

But, as most of us thinking people already knew, this was a sham, a lie, a ploy, to get MJ legalized for recreational consumption.  Just look at the discussion on this thread as evidence the use of MJ is not categorically considered medicinal, but rather for the purpose of getting high.  This is clear, this is simple, and this is truth.  The legalization of MJ has followed the same process as every other type of reckless proposal a certain type/group of people have proposed in the past.  The really depressing part is people were dumb enough to fall for it…again.  At this point I think people should at least start being honest about the whole thing. 

How is this conspiracy theory related to sinfulness (or not) of marijuana?
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #403 on: March 20, 2013, 06:02:12 AM »

I think it is now safe to say the whole medicinal marijuana thing was a ruse.  Not only is it being used in this manner by the smallest possible/conceivable percentage of consumers, but I am still waiting for the quality studies revealing its medicinal use and application in the first place, which do not exist.  They do not exist for the same reason there are no existing quality studies on its ill effects.  There are; however, multiple studies showing the extremely high likelihood of negative effects, to which I just read one article in a muscle fitness magazine today warning of those effects.  

But, as most of us thinking people already knew, this was a sham, a lie, a ploy, to get MJ legalized for recreational consumption.  Just look at the discussion on this thread as evidence the use of MJ is not categorically considered medicinal, but rather for the purpose of getting high.  This is clear, this is simple, and this is truth.  The legalization of MJ has followed the same process as every other type of reckless proposal a certain type/group of people have proposed in the past.  The really depressing part is people were dumb enough to fall for it…again.  At this point I think people should at least start being honest about the whole thing.  

How is this conspiracy theory related to sinfulness (or not) of marijuana?

Are lies not sin?  Is the lie marijuana is for medicinal purposes to get it legalized for recreational use not a sin?  Are not the shifty statements of "there is no proof MJ is bad" a deception as people know there is equally (or less so) no proof MJ is as they attempt to describe it also sinful?  I could go on, but the painting is on the wall if anyone cares to look.  The intentional lack of honesty regarding MJ is sinful as well.   Let us not be so narrow-minded.

Conspiracy?  Only if truth is a conspiracy.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:03:23 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #404 on: March 20, 2013, 08:09:45 AM »

I watched clips of "Reefer Madness" last night. Wow, man, I didn't know, like, that marihuana was so totally like, demonic, man!
Tags: sin Orthodox Christian Fellowship marijuana alcohol drugs bee in bonnet pot weed 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: