OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 03:01:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you prove why we need Jesus in this life logically? am I right?  (Read 264 times) Average Rating: 0
mikeforjesus
High Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« on: August 11, 2014, 05:42:31 AM »

I sometimes think hell is a state of being of joy or loss Not outside the presence of God  

but The bible says no one not found in the book of life will enter the holy city and that satan and his angels no longer have a place in heaven. Are all other theories even examined by others apart from accepting them superficially because hell is depicted and seems too harsh? Just because some depictions of hell seem too harsh does not mean all must go to heaven. We do not know what hell is like it can be tolerable for some but people are deprived of a better life in heaven

I wish I could explain why there is no way to everlasting joy except through repentance and faith in Jesus while on earth. All nations will be worshipping Him but does that mean all will love Him but that all will bow before Him. I am lying on my bed trying to put in an understandable and acceptable manner to men why we need Jesus Christ now incase I have a duty towards those who ask why I believe Jesus must be received now

God could restore a person to the state they were in before they died rejecting Jesus with their memories intact (but even God might doubt that is the same person)but they will wonder how they lived past the age of 120 and might guess that God gave them a longer chance and they might sin more thinking God will never close the door on them or that science gave them long life and think they can grant themselves immortality and some will follow any other false teacher as their idol instead of God and trample on the Son of God .

John 3:18
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

One must honor Jesus with their own free will above all idols

God can perform miracles and signs to people who are raised back to life in their previous state but it must not be proof by itself to hinder peoples free will so they have to seek to find still. Or proof may be given but people have the freedom to think they can fight with God and win

But the reason God gives people shorter lives is so they have less to be judged for even though all those who sin unto death deserve more punishment had they lived longer and sinned more unless they existed in parallel universes though that may not be an excuse. God exists outside of time and is able to see a persons eternal decision. One may eternally reject repentance but not be as bad as the devil and so the devil will have a worser punishment

God could make one exist in a parallel universe where his choices only affect him and he does not know other human looking figures are not real beings but that does not guarantee repentance but if all did repent given longer time. Hence humans are not objects but real beings we must not take advantage of and defraud for the LORD is the avenger of all such
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:04:30 AM by mikeforjesus » Logged
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 05:44:48 AM »

I post too much which makes people lose interest I am afraid
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 06:15:19 AM »

actually people may not eternally reject repentance but still be unworthy to go to heaven

Mark 8
34 When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 35 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. 36 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? 37 Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 38 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:44:14 AM by mikeforjesus » Logged
Porter ODoran
Erst Amish Appalachian
OC.net guru

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

And primitivist Platonist patrologist poseur

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 02:26:37 PM »

I post too much which makes people lose interest I am afraid

I think it is more that we are worried about you.

In love did God create the world; in love does he guide it ...; in love is he going wondrously to transform it. --Abba Isaac

Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity. --Climacus
quietmorning
QuietMorning
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 02:50:08 PM »

+1

Yes.

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
katherineofdixie
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 04:39:17 PM »

I don't think you can prove anything about Christ logically. It's been my experience that love isn't logical.

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Alxandra

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 05:05:29 PM »

I don't think you can prove anything about Christ logically. It's been my experience that love isn't logical.

I agree, it's also been my experience that love prevails over legality, logic etc. God is the truest and purest love and truth and not being with Jesus and having to be apart from this truth must be great loss and suffering. Forgive me if I'm wrong but it seems that hell is the realization that one is very farm from true love and life.

Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός, Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός, Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος, ἐλέησον ἡμας
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 05:56:20 PM »

Mike, I dont worry for you, I just think you need to run your english through an online translator into your native language to make sure what you type makes sense.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
quietmorning
QuietMorning
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 07:11:57 PM »

Hey, Mike, just a thought - Love can't be proven, but the NEED for love can be.  The hard part is proving that Christ Jesus IS love. . .and the perfect love.

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »

Thanks for the replies
Does the bringing up of parallel universes make others stumble and think there must be one and am I responsible for others not repenting because I made them hope in parallel universes?
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 10:28:32 PM »

Thanks for the replies
Does the bringing up of parallel universes make others stumble and think there must be one and am I responsible for others not repenting because I made them hope in parallel universes?

Mike, please do not be so harsh with yourself. Everything doesn't have to be on your shoulders only.

Read a little Scripture and get some rest.  angel

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 10:45:10 PM »

Thanks Smiley
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: