Author Topic: I had gastric bypass surgery  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: I had gastric bypass surgery
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2017, 10:50:58 PM »
You're a braver (more fortitidinous?) man than me... I would have given up long ago in the face of the sickness. Congrats on the weight loss though, and hopefully it doesn't come to a visit to the hospital!

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2017, 11:27:19 PM »
You're a braver (more fortitidinous?) man than me... I would have given up long ago in the face of the sickness. Congrats on the weight loss though, and hopefully it doesn't come to a visit to the hospital!

I think it's less bravery and more sunk cost fallacy combined with the hope that it really will get better in a few months. Thanks, though.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »
Well, I'm still pretty much as nauseous as usual. I've been able to get a little solid food down. Not as much as I'm supposed to at this point, though. Just trying to take things slow.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2017, 06:54:05 PM »
Do you have a nutrionist?  He/she could help with a better diet plan for your issues of adaptation.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2017, 07:39:49 PM »
Do you have a nutrionist?  He/she could help with a better diet plan for your issues of adaptation.

Yeah. I saw her on Monday. She just says to eat what I can in small amounts, focusing on protein first, and to go on a liquid diet for a day when I throw up. I've been eating yogurt and cheese and drinking Boost, mostly.

She lets me drink Chrystal Light instead of water since water leaves a bad taste in my mouth for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:40:20 PM by Volnutt »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2018, 02:09:44 PM »
I'm able to eat more things, but still don't do well with meat or other high protein sources it seems like. I get most of my protein via shakes, cashews, and rice cakes these days. I suppose I have less days of vomiting too, though the last couple of days have been a little tough.

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for my belated three month follow up visit (should have done it in mid-December, but kept forgetting until it was the holidays).

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2018, 09:36:16 AM »
I'm almost down below 300 now. ~140 pounds lost in total!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:36:36 AM by Volnutt »

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2018, 11:48:59 AM »
Awesome!
Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2018, 12:09:31 PM »
Proud of you, man!  Keep it up!
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2018, 12:22:53 PM »
Congrats :)

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Taxiarches
  • "With great power comes great electric bill."
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2018, 12:45:38 PM »
Excellent!  Keep it steady -- not too fast.

Offline IreneOlinyk

• High Elder
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2018, 01:34:15 PM »

That is truly amazing.  We are all praying for you.  God bless.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2018, 03:10:19 PM »
Thanks, folks :)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2018, 11:39:19 PM »
Down to 283 from 444 :)

I can't remember the last time I've weighed this little. I can definitely see the difference!

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2018, 11:44:17 PM »
Awesome  ;D

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2018, 11:53:49 PM »
Great, man, happy your numbers improved. If you managed to do so much, you're able to reach more.  ;)
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2018, 12:02:15 AM »
Thanks, guys! ;D

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2018, 07:51:20 AM »
This is awesome!  Keep it up!  :)