Author Topic: Project of the 1st recording of the Byzantine Orthodox Liturgy in Polish  (Read 206 times)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
I am posting this due to permission of fr. George:

For the very first time in history we would like to record a professional album of St. John Chrysostom's Liturgy sung in Byzantine style in Polish. We would like the album to be available also on iTunes.

The recording of the Liturgy in Polish is an innovative project .The Byzantine chant in Polish has never been recorded or even sung in churches before.

The project is possible thanks to the cooperation of Dr. Marcin Abijski and Father Pawel Cecha, the rector of the  Polish Orthodox Parish in Brussels, Belgium.

In order to release such an album, we need financial support from people who are sensitive to the mission of the Orthodox Church in the world and for Byzantine music lovers.

All funds raised will go towards the recording process, i.e., studio time, producer, engineer, and editing/ mixing costs. Our time and expenses are our offering and will not come out of the funds that are donated to this project. Any and all leftover or excess funds remaining after completion of the project will be donated to the Parish Foundation. The recordings will be available on iTunes.

Please give if you feel inspired to do so as no donation is too small and every little bit counts. In advance, we are extremely thankful and grateful!

Source and the donation link
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
Re: Project of the 1st recording of the Byzantine Orthodox Liturgy in Polish
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 04:09:15 PM »
Why Greek chant? Or is it already so available in Slavonic chant?
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
Re: Project of the 1st recording of the Byzantine Orthodox Liturgy in Polish
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 04:17:46 PM »
Why Greek chant? Or is it already so available in Slavonic chant?

Yes, the "Slavonic" (Eastern Slavic in fact; e.g Serbian chant is a different thing) is available; plus, historically, the Polish Church was under Constantinople and had relations with South Orthodoxy, e.g Serbs.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)